PDA

View Full Version : UAPB releases schedule

nwFL Griz
February 4th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Arkansas-Pine Bluff schedule (http://www.uapb.edu/uploads/fb2008.pdf)

One thing I find interesting.....they travel to Henderson St on Sep 6. Not often an upper division team gives a lower division team a home game. Anyone have any insight on how that worked out?

UNHWildCats
February 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Butler is traveling to Albion College and Missouri-Rolla

nwFL Griz
February 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Butler is traveling to Albion College and Missouri-Rolla

So maybe it is more common than I think?

UNHWildCats
February 4th, 2008, 06:33 PM
not very common but it does happen. Savannah State may do it too... and its probably more commong with transition teams.

dbackjon
February 4th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Butler is non-schollie, so a non-transitional, full schollie team traveling to a lower division school is extremely rare.

Eight Legger
February 4th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I have been anxiously awaiting the day when this schedule would be released...

MACHIAVELLI
February 4th, 2008, 11:10 PM
UAPB vs Texas Southern in Dallas on Nov. 29th xeyebrowx

TexasTerror
February 5th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I questioned UAPB playing at Henderson State too on the SWAC board. They were not much for conversation on the subject. It's definitely a huge get for a Henderson State team that typically travels to FCS (SFA and NWST lately)...

Awful schedule for UAPB. Three sub-Div I teams (including one on the road). Only FCS is Central Arkansas, which makes loads of sense for both schools (let's see it some more!).

Texas Southern on Nov. 29? What's that about? Those schools just knocked themselves out of playoff consideration, so we have five schools that have no chance at the playoffs from the SWAC, a league that last year was just on the verge of getting in...

What's the thoughts on UAPB drawing well against TxSo in the Cotton Bowl in what will be a meaningless game (more than likely)...?

813Jag
February 5th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I questioned UAPB playing at Henderson State too on the SWAC board. They were not much for conversation on the subject. It's definitely a huge get for a Henderson State team that typically travels to FCS (SFA and NWST lately)...

Awful schedule for UAPB. Three sub-Div I teams (including one on the road). Only FCS is Central Arkansas, which makes loads of sense for both schools (let's see it some more!).

Texas Southern on Nov. 29? What's that about? Those schools just knocked themselves out of playoff consideration, so we have five schools that have no chance at the playoffs from the SWAC, a league that last year was just on the verge of getting in...

What's the thoughts on UAPB drawing well against TxSo in the Cotton Bowl in what will be a meaningless game (more than likely)...?
I think the game has the ability to draw well, there are alums from both schools in Dallas and PB is not a long drive away. I think the records of both teams will determine how well the turn out is. If TSU can string together some wins and UAPB can get back to their '04-'06 version it could make for an interesting game.

TexasTerror
February 5th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I think the game has the ability to draw well, there are alums from both schools in Dallas and PB is not a long drive away. I think the records of both teams will determine how well the turn out is. If TSU can string together some wins and UAPB can get back to their '04-'06 version it could make for an interesting game.

Can't say I followed Ark-PB last year. What was the big reason for their decline? Was it the teams around them got stronger? Or what? It sure was nice seeing the Golden Lions do so well in 2006...a change of pace...

813Jag
February 5th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Can't say I followed Ark-PB last year. What was the big reason for their decline? Was it the teams around them got stronger? Or what? It sure was nice seeing the Golden Lions do so well in 2006...a change of pace...
It was a mixture, their O-Line was young and took some time to gel, also their quarterback play was inconsistent for most of the season. They improved as the season went on but not enough to climb to the top of the standings.

CSN Log
February 5th, 2008, 08:30 AM
UAPB, UCA set for football matchup

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=3230451
LITTLE ROCK – Arkansas-Pine Bluff will face Central Arkansas on Sept. 13 at Little Rock’s War Memorial Stadium in the first football game between the teams since 2003.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=uapb-uca-set-for-football-matchup&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more450)

UCAMonkey
February 5th, 2008, 01:27 PM
It was a mixture, their O-Line was young and took some time to gel, also their quarterback play was inconsistent for most of the season. They improved as the season went on but not enough to climb to the top of the standings.

Their head coach was also struggling with a heart condition. Watched them dominate New Mexico St. only to somehow get upset in the end by a game winning field goal.