PDA

View Full Version : Blake's Ottanelli Commits To Colgate

CSN Log
February 2nd, 2008, 09:30 AM
Blake's Ottanelli Commits To Colgate

Florida Lineman verbally commits to Olgate.
Blake senior lineman Vittorio Ottanelli has committed to Colgate University, Blake coach Sean Washington said Thursday.
Ottanelli (6-foot-4, 290 pounds) visited Colgate Jan..18-20. Elon and Florida International were also interested.
“His parents are very happy about it,” Washington said. “Academics were more important to him than football. He turned down a lot of FCS schools for academics. I commend him for that. He’s thinking about life after football.”
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=blake-s-ottanelli-commits-to-colgate&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more432)

Go...gate
February 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Blake's Ottanelli Commits To Colgate

Florida Lineman verbally commits to Olgate.
Blake senior lineman Vittorio Ottanelli has committed to Colgate University, Blake coach Sean Washington said Thursday.
Ottanelli (6-foot-4, 290 pounds) visited Colgate Jan..18-20. Elon and Florida International were also interested.
“His parents are very happy about it,” Washington said. “Academics were more important to him than football. He turned down a lot of FCS schools for academics. I commend him for that. He’s thinking about life after football.”
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=blake-s-ottanelli-commits-to-colgate&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more432)

Sounds like the type of I-AA/FCS kid that we all hope to have in our programs. Loves FB and is clearly a fine player, but knows the NFL is for only the chosen few and that he has to handle his studies and get a degree to prepare himself for the real world.

Fordham
February 2nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Sounds like a great get. Congrats Colgate!

Syntax Error
February 3rd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Ottanelli earned a 4.6 GPA his junior year and scored 1,130 on the SAT. He can also run a 5.2 in the 40-yard dash and bench presses 365 pounds.At 6-foot-4, 290 pounds that is a smart load.

brownbear
February 3rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Good job Olgate!!