Oct. 25 – at Villanova*

Nov. 1 – Delaware* (Homecoming)

Nov. 8 – Scheduled Open Date

Nov. 15 – William & Mary*

Nov. 22 – at Towson*

* Colonial Athletic Association Game

bostonspider
February 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM
Interesting start to the season, JMU could be anywhere from 1-3 to 4-0 after the first four games. Duke should be slwoly getting better, UMass is still tough, and ASU is ofcourse the defending champs, but then again JMU could easily beat all three..

GreatAppSt
February 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
the

89Hen
February 4th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Two opens and 11 games. xeyebrowx

BDKJMU
February 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Lots of I-AA are playing 11, not 12 games.

LehighFan11
February 4th, 2008, 09:34 AM
The fact that JMU plays App AFTER Umass and Duke is not good. I could see them 3-0 but not beating App after those games. They would have a much better chance if it was their first game.

dbackjon
February 4th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Good 11 game schedule.

Eight Legger
February 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM
From beneath which rock did you pull NC Central? Is that even an FCS team? Still a good schedule, but you guys better not be counting on that win to put you over the top. You will need to finish 8-3, because 7-4 with that as a win is not going to get it done.

AZGrizFan
February 4th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I'm gonna bet 9-2 with that schedule.... xnodx

JMU2004
February 5th, 2008, 07:47 AM
From beneath which rock did you pull NC Central? Is that even an FCS team? Still a good schedule, but you guys better not be counting on that win to put you over the top. You will need to finish 8-3, because 7-4 with that as a win is not going to get it done.

yes..they are FCS. And I think you are stating the obvious. A 7-4 team will not be in the playoffs 90% of the time.

th0m
February 5th, 2008, 09:25 AM

With an FBS team (ok, Duke barely deserves that distinction), 3-time defending NC and an 8-game CAA slate, I don't see anything wrong with scheduling NC Central. They replace either VMI or Liberty I think (or both?)

bostonspider
February 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM
With an FBS team (ok, Duke barely deserves that distinction), 3-time defending NC and an 8-game CAA slate, I don't see anything wrong with scheduling NC Central. They replace either VMI or Liberty I think (or both?)

Nor do I, they are no easier a squad than Georgetown whom UR has scheduled....

Eight Legger
February 5th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Nor do I, they are no easier a squad than Georgetown whom UR has scheduled....

Boston, you and I would feel differently if Georgetown were our 11th game, but it's ouir 12th. NC Central is JMU's 11th, which was my point.

bostonspider
February 5th, 2008, 10:48 AM
ah but we have VMI as well don't we?

Eight Legger
February 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
We do. I guess I'm so used to playing them that I don't think much about the fact that they're not good. NC Central just struck me as an odd bad team to play, as opposed to our familiarly bad rivals like VMI. :D

DTSpider
February 5th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I'm a little surprised JMU didn't schedule 12. They could use another easy home game. It'll be tough for the selection committee to compare with some teams playing 12 & others playing 11.

whitey
February 5th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm a little surprised JMU didn't schedule 12. They could use another easy home game. It'll be tough for the selection committee to compare with some teams playing 12 & others playing 11.

That might be true for those teams scheduling 12 D-I games.

But for those teams scheduling 11 D-I's + a DII you would think that DII game would be thrown at the window and everyone would be on an even slate at that point.

Eight Legger
February 5th, 2008, 03:26 PM

But for those teams scheduling 11 D-I's + a DII you would think that DII game would be thrown at the window and everyone would be on an even slate at that point.

I agree. And I hope the committee won't penalize us too much for beating a lower division team like UVA this year. xrolleyesx

BDKJMU
February 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM
yes..they are FCS. And I think you are stating the obvious. A 7-4 team will not be in the playoffs 90% of the time.

Make that 98+% of the time as far as an at large goes- it happened in 06' (Montana St) and 07' (UNH), but in the 20+ years prior to that since the field went to 16 I think it only happened once? Even if you limit it to the 4 power conferences of CAA, So-Con, Gateway and Big Sky, its probably 95% of the time.

89Hen
February 6th, 2008, 09:45 AM

There will also be 11 games slates with a DII. It is a little bit of a mess, but then again, it always is. Tough to compare SOS's and such. Who's a tougher game, Valdosta State or Savannah State? One counts, one doesn't. xeyebrowx

Touchdown Yosef
February 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I will be pulling for you against Duke and will be disapointed if you don't beat them. Good luck this season.

URMite
February 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Good point about 11 vs 12 game schedules (if they are all Div I). If you are playing an FBS and 10 FCS, does playing 1 more bad FCS help? In our case, If we lose to UVA and beat VMI, we need to go 7-2 against the CAA+Elon. But because we play Georgetown can we go 6-3 and get in at 8-4 (VMI/GT wins; UVA loss)?

I think the chances at 8-4 are not much worse than 8-3 and much better than 7-4.

Adding a Div II brings in too many possibilities.xoopsx