PDA

View Full Version : Temple beats JMU for Akeem Smith

ngineer
February 1st, 2008, 12:49 PM
Morning Call reported this morning that Liberty HS (Bethlehem, PA), star RB Akeem Smith is going to Temple despite full scholarship offer by JMU and promise of full shot at starting next season. Liberty's HC seemed surprised by the final decision, but Smith said after visiting both schools and meeting the staffs, Temple and the excitement he sensed building with the program meant more than being able to start as a freshman.

Marcus Garvey
February 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Morning Call reported this morning that Liberty HS (Bethlehem, PA), star RB Akeem Smith is going to Temple despite full scholarship offer by JMU and promise of full shot at starting next season. Liberty's HC seemed surprised by the final decision, but Smith said after visiting both schools and meeting the staffs, Temple and the excitement he sensed building with the program meant more than being able to start as a freshman.

Throw in the fact that Temple is still I-A (or FBS, whatever) as opposed to JMU and his parents will be able to attend all home games without much hassle.

I really like what Al Golden has done with Temple in 2 years.

andy7171
February 1st, 2008, 01:35 PM
Close to home. I'd be willing to say he's got a better chance at playing at Temple right away. JMU is loaded at RBs going into 2008.

LacesOut
February 1st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Well he could always transfer to JMU in a year or two.

andy7171
February 1st, 2008, 01:46 PM
Well he could always transfer to JMU in a year or two.
Then we could call it a trend.

whoanellie
February 1st, 2008, 01:58 PM
Throw in the fact that Temple is still I-A (or FBS, whatever) as opposed to JMU and his parents will be able to attend all home games without much hassle.

I really like what Al Golden has done with Temple in 2 years.

maybe Temple can have their own division and use this moniker, 1-Aa ...xbowx

gomer
February 1st, 2008, 05:50 PM
yea..as a jmu fan i almost feel bad for the kid...i hope for the best for the temple program...but honestly they are not going anywhere...and you are more likely to get recognition at jmu then you are temple...

GreatAppSt
February 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
it

GannonFan
February 4th, 2008, 09:49 AM
it
xlolx