PDA

View Full Version : THE PREVIEW CONTEST-SPOT THE ERRORS!

buckp
September 22nd, 2005, 07:08 AM
To keep I-AA's magazine on their toes AGS has a new challenge, post the biggest error in the book. No, predictions and players who ended up not playing are not mistakes. Stuff like wrong helmets with teams, wrong names with pictures, etc. are the type of errors for this challenge. So grab your I-AA.org Magazine 2005 Fall Preview and find the biggest error to win.

What do you win?

1) The winner selected by the judges will have two tickets waiting in their name for the Super Bowl of I-AA, the I-AA National Championship Game in Chattanooga, TN on December 16, 2005....:eek:

2) Free access to the massive tailgating party across the street from the stadium…xprost2x

3) And......and.....a free introduction and bull session with non-other than I-AA’s very own Ralph Wallace! :bow:

Don't post your findings here, you might give someone else a chance to win your prize.

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY(S) HERE:
http://www.i-aa.org/feedback.asp

The winner will be announced October 5, 2005. GOOD LUCK!!!! ;)

colgate13
September 22nd, 2005, 07:33 AM
Fantastic idea! Good luck everyone!

89Hen
September 22nd, 2005, 08:50 AM
I'm in!

FightinBluHen51
September 22nd, 2005, 12:17 PM
I'm in!
Crap, can I get that ezine style?

ngineer
September 22nd, 2005, 12:30 PM
Already submitted mine. Caught it earlier, but wasn't going to say anything--but, hey, now that it's worth something ;)

saint0917
September 22nd, 2005, 12:37 PM
Already submitted mine. Caught it earlier, but wasn't going to say anything--but, hey, now that it's worth something ;)

psssssst, what is it?

UAalum72
September 22nd, 2005, 01:32 PM
Do you want separate e-mails for each mistake, or all in one? Or is it one mistake per person, pick what you think is the biggest error?

Hansel
September 22nd, 2005, 02:20 PM
buckp has asked me to answer questions because he is evacuating due to Ritabitch.

Send in as many entries as you can (small errors are appreciated too so the mag will be better in the future). Judging will be on the biggest error. Members submitting the same biggest error will be put in a drawing.

If you haven't bought the mag yet you can do so in time for the challenge here:
http://www.retro-sports.com/ItemDetail.cfm?ItemID=7037&CategoryID=160&ProductlineID=15&currentpage=1
Still a bit confused is that one email per mistake???

89Hen
September 22nd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Ahhh, I thought it would the one who finds the most, not biggest.

ISUMatt
September 22nd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Its all over!!! The biggest mistake is you pickes ILS 6th in the GFC LOL

ngineer
September 22nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
Ahhh, I thought it would the one who finds the most, not biggest.

"Biggest" certainly can be subjective. But I thought "size matters" :D

blukeys
September 23rd, 2005, 10:21 PM
"Biggest" certainly can be subjective. But I thought "size matters" :D

No it's not the size of the ship it's the motion of the ocean just like your MRS has been telling you for years ngineer. :D :D :D

ngineer
September 23rd, 2005, 10:26 PM
No it's not the size of the ship it's the motion of the ocean just like your MRS has been telling you for years ngineer. :D :D :D

Also paraphrased as "It's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog." :D
(One of my favorite locker room signs in high school) ;)

ngineer
September 27th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Looks like this contest is a clunker. :( There have been only a couple responses. Enter before the deadline.

Then that means I have a ch-ch-ch-chance! :D

Hansel
September 27th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Looks like this contest is a clunker. :( There have been only a couple responses. Enter before the deadline.
going over it with a fine tooth comb ralph....

ngineer
September 27th, 2005, 11:00 PM
going over it with a fine tooth comb ralph....

Hmmm, could be a hairy finish...... :D

Hansel
October 6th, 2005, 10:13 AM
To keep I-AA's magazine on their toes AGS has a new challenge, post the biggest error in the book. No, predictions and players who ended up not playing are not mistakes. Stuff like wrong helmets with teams, wrong names with pictures, etc. are the type of errors for this challenge. So grab your I-AA.org Magazine 2005 Fall Preview and find the biggest error to win.

What do you win?

1) The winner selected by the judges will have two tickets waiting in their name for the Super Bowl of I-AA, the I-AA National Championship Game in Chattanooga, TN on December 16, 2005....:eek:

2) Free access to the massive tailgating party across the street from the stadium…xprost2x

3) And......and.....a free introduction and bull session with non-other than I-AA’s very own Ralph Wallace! :bow:

Don't post your findings here, you might give someone else a chance to win your prize.

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY(S) HERE:
http://www.i-aa.org/feedback.asp

The winner will be announced October 5, 2005. GOOD LUCK!!!! ;)
Winner announced.....????

saint0917
October 6th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Its going to be tough to judge between all THREE entries! :(

Must not be a lot of mistakes. :)

89Hen
October 6th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Must not be a lot of mistakes. :)
Just too much good stuff to read to focus on typos! :D

Hansel
October 6th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Its going to be tough to judge between all THREE entries! :(
I might actually have a shot at winning this contest then :p

Hansel
October 6th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Just too much good stuff to read to focus on typos! :D
good point, i read through most of it (and did notice small errors) before the "contest" started, now I am too lazy to read back through it and pick out the small stuff

putter
October 6th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Ok Ralph, my error was a HUGE one! ;) As he is a Peyton finalist...or WAS he a Peyton finalist... :D I will just take one of those cool AGS shirts as I should win... :eek:

ngineer
October 6th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Ok Ralph, my error was a HUGE one! ;) As he is a Peyton finalist...or WAS he a Peyton finalist... :D I will just take one of those cool AGS shirts as I should win... :eek:

Do you mean he "Placed"? ;)

JMU Duke Dog
October 10th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I do not think I will win but I just submitted two errors that I found. They were on the same page and involved the same team! :eek:

buckp
October 11th, 2005, 01:35 PM
One per mistake or two in one email, doesn't matter. You get credit for each mistake you find.

NEW ADDITION TO THE CHALLENGE:

I'll personally give a prize to whomever can find the most.

Don't tell me......one of your black and white lettered 'I-AA' shirts? ;)

buckp
October 11th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Hey buckp, are you extending the contest period?

You're in the driver's seat Ralph......:nod: I would have given 'Hansel' the prizes a long time ago....:eek:

(I'm trying to get a pheasant hunt out of him.) ;)

ngineer
October 19th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Hey Ralph--originally the contest deadline was Oct. 5. I thought it might have been extended, but to when. Is it over? Who won and what was the 'biggest' mistake???

Tribe4SF
October 20th, 2005, 04:30 AM
I forgot to enter, but now that it's over, I'll speculate that the biggest error was on page 15 where the Northeastern capsule lists them as the Widcats and shows the wrong helmet.