PDA

View Full Version : NCAA to increase cash for education of student-athletes

CSN Log
January 30th, 2008, 02:50 PM
NCAA to increase cash for education of student-athletes

The NCAA has agreed to settle an antitrust suit by making significant increases in benefits to current and former student-athletes.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=ncaa-to-increase-cash-for-education&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more381)

Monarch History
January 30th, 2008, 03:39 PM
NCAA to increase cash for education of student-athletes

The NCAA has agreed to settle an antitrust suit by making significant increases in benefits to current and former student-athletes.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=ncaa-to-increase-cash-for-education&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more381)

God knows the NCAA has enough money. Good for the schools and athletes who took the class-action-suit to court and won.

danefan
January 30th, 2008, 03:45 PM
So, I'm still trying to figure out if I get any money....

patssle
January 30th, 2008, 04:15 PM
If the NCAA really cared, they would limit the pay of these millionare coaches.

Syntax Error
January 30th, 2008, 04:16 PM
If the NCAA really cared, they would limit the pay of these millionare coaches.They tried but the coaches took them to court and won.

Syntax Error
January 30th, 2008, 04:17 PM
So, I'm still trying to figure out if I get any money....If you were on the class-action suit you will!

walliver
January 30th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm afraid this isn't the end. I suspect that over time, football players will be paid in cash by big-time programs (OK, they already are, but they will do it out in the open).

Fear The Beard
January 30th, 2008, 09:06 PM
God knows the NCAA has enough money. Good for the schools and athletes who took the class-action-suit to court and won.

NCAA has more money that most of the FCS combined. They should give more to student-athletes....isn't that what all this (college athletics) should be about? xnonox