PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Game Cancelled

McNeese72
September 21st, 2005, 05:54 PM
McNeese's game with Northwestern Oklahoma St. has been cancelled due to the threat of hurricane Rita. It could still miss us but we can't have NWOklaSt. driving down, with such uncertainty.

Maybe one of these months McNeese will have a home game.

McNeese Home Record:

McNeese 0 Hurricanes 2

I'm getting irritable and hard to live with. I think I'm starting to get "tailgate" withdrawal symptoms.

:mad:

colgate13
September 21st, 2005, 06:24 PM
Roadtrip time! :D

Serious question: do athletic depts. down there plan for away games in the beginning of the season or is it just all of the competition is in potential harms way?

McNeese72
September 21st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Roadtrip time! :D

Serious question: do athletic depts. down there plan for away games in the beginning of the season or is it just all of the competition is in potential harms way?

I went to both GSU and USM but I need some home game tailgating. :)

Seriously, I don't remember the last time we had a game cancelled due to a hurricane and I've been going to games since the early 70's.

blukeys
September 21st, 2005, 08:12 PM
This year the NCAA goes from the no 4 loss rule to the must have 7 D-I wins rule for the playoffs. MCneese is now in danger of losing a second game due to weather. What happens if McNeese goes 6-3 with a win over GSU? Does the selection committee have the leeway to consider McNeese?

As much as I want to see 72 get in some serious hometown tailgating I wonder what implications these storms have for the playoffs and does the NCAA have a means to take this into consideration?

Proud Griz Man
September 21st, 2005, 08:31 PM
This bye week is killing me. :( :bang: :bang: :bang:

blukeys
September 21st, 2005, 08:38 PM
This bye week is killing me. :( :bang: :bang: :bang:

Take 2 Jack Daniels on the rocks and an aspirin and then call me in the morning. :D :D

TheValleyRaider
September 21st, 2005, 10:24 PM
This year the NCAA goes from the no 4 loss rule to the must have 7 D-I wins rule for the playoffs. MCneese is now in danger of losing a second game due to weather. What happens if McNeese goes 6-3 with a win over GSU? Does the selection committee have the leeway to consider McNeese?

As much as I want to see 72 get in some serious hometown tailgating I wonder what implications these storms have for the playoffs and does the NCAA have a means to take this into consideration?

The NCAA has already stated it will modify its rules to accomodate teams forced to cancel games in these circumstances. As for the 7 win mark, I don't believe the NCAA considered that a rule; more of a guideline really. ;)

Seriously though, I believe the rules are worded in such a way that the NCAA could consider a team with 6 D-I wins if they so chose to. The 7 win thing (and the 4 loss rule before) was more of a way to narrow the pool of potential at-large bids.