PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame CB Transfers to Delaware

93henfan
January 28th, 2008, 04:59 PM
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080128/SPORTS07/801280360/1028/rss0201

blukeys
January 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
God Knows in the CAA you can't have too many Cornerbacks.

LehighFan11
January 28th, 2008, 05:05 PM
how is a notre dame transfer not going to be delaware's number 1 corner?

foghorn
January 28th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Simple, because we have Anthony Walters, who would be Notre Dame's #1 corner!:D

SunCoastBlueHen
January 28th, 2008, 05:22 PM
We now know that Delaware has five of its nine available scholarships accounted for (3 HS recruits and 2 transfers). It will be interesting to see what is done with the remaining four. Another transfer or two? Awards to walk-ons who have earned a scholly? HS recruits kept closely under wraps? I think in years past we had a better idea at this junture of the game.

blukeys
January 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM

He's transferring to Delaware not Lehigh!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :p :p :p :p :p :p :p xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx :D :D :D :D :D xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

AZGrizFan
January 28th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Guess he REALLY wants to beat Navy, huh? xlolx

skinny_uncle
January 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Did you see Notre Dame last year????????
xconfusedx

WildCat In The Hat
January 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Notre Dame to Delaware is actually considered a step up these days, isn't it? (Sorry Dad)

bluehenbillk
January 29th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Rumors have it that 2 more transfers are done deals, just haven't been announced.

Mr. Tiger
January 29th, 2008, 08:30 AM

We had a Notre Dame transfer who didn't even start for us this season. xnodx When we got him I was so excited until I saw him play. xlolx

slostang
January 29th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Guess he REALLY wants to beat Navy, huh? xlolx

I don't care who you are, that is funny. xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx

Eight Legger
January 29th, 2008, 08:45 AM

Because he's really transferring to play QB. Why else transfer to UD??

GannonFan
January 29th, 2008, 09:02 AM
With Walters and Andrew already manning the two corner spots, this guy is for depth. Nothing wrong with that. And he's apparently a pretty good student (half the reason he's coming to UD is for the grad program) so it's always good getting more positive vibe like that in the lockerroom. Not a big pickup in the grand scheme of things, but not a bad one either. xthumbsupx

jstate83
January 29th, 2008, 12:45 PM
We had a Notre Dame transfer who didn't even start for us this season. xnodx When we got him I was so excited until I saw him play. xlolx

I wasn't going to say anyting about "buttered toast". xlolx
That guy came here thinking ND Recruit/Transfer was going to get him over.
Opposing QB's quickly learned that 1st year he was the guy to byotch slap when he came into the game.

He improved some this past season after he realized he was not the shat just because he moved down to FCS. xlolx

89Hen
January 29th, 2008, 01:57 PM
We recently had another ND DB and he was good, but not great.

bluehenbillk
January 29th, 2008, 02:54 PM

that Garron Bible...

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 29th, 2008, 04:52 PM

Was that the guy who David Ball burned on his game winning TD catch in 2004? Not trying to cause trouble nor talking smack, just curious and to prove a point if it was him. That is, being a transfer from Notre Dame doesn't make one invincible, far from it.

ucdtim17
January 29th, 2008, 07:10 PM
He's getting his degree from ND and wasn't going to be seeing much of the field this year - good for him

bleedblue
January 31st, 2008, 01:58 AM

This guy may not see much playing time unless we have injuries.

Eyes of Old Main
January 31st, 2008, 02:05 AM
"Transfer U" snags another one.

henfan
January 31st, 2008, 08:43 AM
"Transfer U" snags another one.

Yup. Next week I heard we may even announce that we've signed a few kids who'll be transferring in from their current high schools in the fall.;)

CSN Log
February 1st, 2008, 09:40 AM
Graduate Notre Dame CB To Transfer To Delaware For Final Year

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/27/278056m.jpgNEWARK – Leo Ferrine, a cornerback who played in 28 football games for Notre Dame with two starts the last three years, expects to use his final season of eligibility at the University of Delaware, his father said Sunday.
Ferrine is graduating from Notre Dame this spring and will likely pursue a master’s degree at Delaware, his father, also named Leo, said. Among the schools Ferrine had also considered was Hofstra.
The 6-foot, 190-pound Ferrine, 21, is from Springfield, N.J., and graduated from St. Peter’s Prep in Jersey City. He was a third-team all-state safety and also excelled as a receiver.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=graduate-notre-dame-cb-to-transfer-to-de&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more418)

Green26
February 1st, 2008, 09:56 AM
How does this fit with the requirement that I-A dropdowns have two years of eligibility remaining?

Is there an exception for someone who has graduated?

Is this not a dropdown/transfer situation, since he has (or will have) already graduated?

GannonFan
February 1st, 2008, 09:58 AM
If you graduate from the first school and still have eligibility remaining, yes, you can transfer down and play that last year without sitting out. Graduating is the key in the exception.

Oh, and for those touting the CSN Log thing, this was already discussed in the earlier thread that existed for this topic (a topic that has since been relegated to the back pages with the inundation of CSN Log carpet bombing posts).

bluehenbillk
February 1st, 2008, 10:28 AM
Agreed, this topic has had a thread on here for a freakin' week, get with the program CSN Log.

EDIT- CSN Log recognizes overzealous ways & deletes/merges thread. Look for next CSN Log Thread - Princeton plays Rutgers in something called football....

Catsfan2
February 1st, 2008, 11:12 AM
I remember seeing him play in HS. Not sure why he didn;t play receiver at ND, he was pretty good (maybe better) than at corner.. Might give UD 2-way depth.

GannonFan
February 1st, 2008, 11:14 AM
I remember seeing him play in HS. Not sure why he didn;t play receiver at ND, he was pretty good (maybe better) than at corner.. Might give UD 2-way depth.

He won't play receiver at UD - only there one year and there's a logjam aplenty for WR as it is. He's there to be defensive depth.

UDBlueLotFan
February 1st, 2008, 12:52 PM
Was that the guy who David Ball burned on his game winning TD catch in 2004? Not trying to cause trouble nor talking smack, just curious and to prove a point if it was him. That is, being a transfer from Notre Dame doesn't make one invincible, far from it.

Yes it was xbawlingx ....and from that game, Ricky was born!! xbowx Here you go:

"New Hampshire responded by marching 67 yards in eight plays to take the lead for good. Ball, running an out pattern to the right sideline, got a step on free safety Garron Bible on the decisive touchdown reception.

Ball finished with 188 yards on five receptions.

Riccio returned to direct a futile final drive, but New Hampshire starting quarterback Mike Granieri wasn't as lucky. Granieri left midway through the second quarter with a bruised left knee after completing four of seven passes".