PDA

View Full Version : VMI's Jim Reid Leaves for the NFL

Eight Legger
January 23rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
VMI head coach Jim Reid resigned to accept a job on the defensive staff of the Miami Dolphins under his former boss at Syracuse, Paul Pasqualoni. Jim was our head coach for 9 years recently and coached at UMass before that. A truly great man and coach, and I wish him the best. I suspect you VMI folks are a bit upset that he left after just two years, and I can't say I blame you. Best of luck to Coach Reid!

Franks Tanks
January 23rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
VMI head coach Jim Reid resigned to accept a job on the defensive staff of the Miami Dolphins under his former boss at Syracuse, Paul Pasqualoni. Jim was our head coach for 9 years recently and coached at UMass before that. A truly great man and coach, and I wish him the best. I suspect you VMI folks are a bit upset that he left after just two years, and I can't say I blame you. Best of luck to Coach Reid!

VMI is doomed it appears--Reid was suspossed to be the guy to finally make them respectable

keydet71
January 23rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
A surprise indeed and horrible timing to recruiting. That said, I cannot fault him. He was...and is...a good man. For VMI, these could be interesting times. Anyone care to discuss basketball or baseball?....:)

catamount man
January 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
I hear Kevin Higgins has already called a Lexington, VA realtor........;)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Go...gate
January 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
VMI is doomed it appears--Reid was suspossed to be the guy to finally make them respectable

Not good news, but the institution is still making a commitment to strengthening football. They need to find a good successor, though.

catamount man
January 23rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
Not good news, but the institution is still making a commitment to strengthening football. They need to find a good successor, though.

No doubt. I always want to see VMI do good.

PTW16
January 24th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I hear Kevin Higgins has already called a Lexington, VA realtor........;)

You might want to hide once CitDog reads that...

Syntax Error
January 24th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Nothing wrong with Kevin Higgins.

citdog
January 24th, 2008, 09:03 AM
You might want to hide once CitDog reads that...

the posts on this thread by me were mysteriously removed.

PTW16
January 24th, 2008, 12:06 PM
the posts on this thread by me were mysteriously removed.

I think that's because the terms of service on this message board don't allow declarations of war or challenges of duels...

citdog
January 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I think that's because the terms of service on this message board don't allow declarations of war or challenges of duels...

xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx

rep pts

Cobblestone
January 24th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I'm happy for Jim Reid, he's paid his dues in FCS that's for sure. I think he's a good coach and a nice hire for the Dolphins.

Monarch History
January 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Whats the scuttlebutt around Lexington about who might be the next VMI coach?xcoffeex

ur2k
January 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Whats the scuttlebutt around Lexington about who might be the next VMI coach?xcoffeex

The Richmond Times dispatch mentioned Bobby Ross as a possible interim solution.

MR. CHICKEN
January 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
BOBBY ROSS WAS 70 YEARS OLD.......WHEN HE GAVE UP ON REBUILDIN'....DUH ARMY PROGRAM............NOW IFIN'......YA CAIN'T REBUILD ARMY..........HOW IN DUH NAME O'........HENRY WINKLER......ARE YA GONNAH....WANNAH...........TAKE ON DAT....PILE UH CRAP.......(KEYDETS)..........WHEN ALL YA WANNAH....OUTTAH LIFE.........IS NOT GETTIN' APPLE-SAUCE...........STUCK IN YER HAIR........B/FO'.....BED-TIME....xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx............ BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
January 25th, 2008, 03:12 PM
ONLY ONE MAN IN DUH COUNTRY.....COULD HANDLE DIS CHALLENGE.......YES...DAT RIGHT............K.C. KEELER....COUPLE O' TRANSFERS...........AN' HE'D......OWN VIRGINIA..........BRAWK!

Eight Legger
January 25th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I have to hand it to Mr. Chicken. How in the he11 you are able to type in that dialect, I have no idea, but you seem to have it mastered. Kudos, I suppose, to you.

MR. CHICKEN
January 25th, 2008, 03:30 PM
LEG-MAN..............FLATTERY.....WILL GET YA'LL......EVERAH-WHERE!

Go...gate
January 25th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Lou Holtz ought to give it a try.

keydet71
January 25th, 2008, 04:44 PM
The Richmond Times dispatch mentioned Bobby Ross as a possible interim solution.

Brent Davis has been named the Interim Coach, formerly of Georgia Southern and with Reid at VMI the past two years. This provides the immediate continuity into recruiting and hopefully retention of the current players. Retention at VMI is a big deal and has been a major problem. Reid had done an outstanding job of getting those Rats back from Christmas furlough.

Bobby Ross...a VMI graduate and resident of Lexington...is being bandied about as a possible. Maybe a step to someone of the current staff taking over in two or so years, and being a mentor to the process. I have mixed emotions but do feel that to recruiting he can get into Mama's living room.

If we hold the current roster, this may pass by quickly. If a number of players start to bail, then...oh well. Either way, the road ahead is no easier than it has been since 1981! God, I'm getting old!

Baldy
January 25th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Brent Davis has been named the Interim Coach, formerly of Georgia Southern and with Reid at VMI the past two years. This provides the immediate continuity into recruiting and hopefully retention of the current players. Retention at VMI is a big deal and has been a major problem. Reid had done an outstanding job of getting those Rats back from Christmas furlough.

Bobby Ross...a VMI graduate and resident of Lexington...is being bandied about as a possible. Maybe a step to someone of the current staff taking over in two or so years, and being a mentor to the process. I have mixed emotions but do feel that to recruiting he can get into Mama's living room.

If we hold the current roster, this may pass by quickly. If a number of players start to bail, then...oh well. Either way, the road ahead is no easier than it has been since 1981! God, I'm getting old!
It would be in VMI's best interest to just go ahead and name Brent Davis HC. He is a fine and upstanding man, a Paul Johnson protege, a fabulous recruiter, and would make one hell of a Head Coach.

Linehawg
January 26th, 2008, 01:11 AM
I have to hand it to Mr. Chicken. How in the he11 you are able to type in that dialect, I have no idea, but you seem to have it mastered. Kudos, I suppose, to you.
It's easy....he really does talk like that!

Linehawg
January 26th, 2008, 01:23 AM
It would be in VMI's best interest to just go ahead and name Brent Davis HC. He is a fine and upstanding man, a Paul Johnson protege, a fabulous recruiter, and would make one hell of a Head Coach.
I won't disagree and it would maintain some stability for a while but I still don't see where anyone could actually make a difference given VMI's tradition of preferring to "lose with grace" instead of changing things internally to make it easier to get and keep players that can actually win and expect to win. Right now (especially on defense) it's just smallish, slow, mediocre players with no animal instincts it takes to compete at this level. Offensive stats were OK but a huge chunk of those were piled up after most teams had long pulled their first string off the field. Sure there were injury problems too and I think even the cheerleaders were playing in those last two games with so many out but that screams volumes about the lack of depth and physical conditioning more than anything!

MR. CHICKEN
January 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM
WANNAH GOOD START?......CHANGE DUH MASCOT FROM....."KEYDETS"....TA........"PSYCHO-BEASTS".......PUT SOME BLACK TRIM ON DUH UNIS...AN' SQWASH BUCKET......&......HIRE.....DUH HULK...TA INSTILL SOME....'TUDE!.....DOODLE-DOO-DOO! xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
January 26th, 2008, 08:38 AM
AN' CONCENTRATE.....ON DUH.......CHEESE............xnodxxrotatehxxnodx... .BRAWK!

citdog
January 26th, 2008, 10:46 AM

it would be nice to drop 70 on him as well!

Spider
January 26th, 2008, 10:57 AM
ditto that EIGHT....Jim is a great guy, one you would want your kids playing for and has a great love for the game. Good luck to you Coach Reid...xthumbsupx