PDA

View Full Version : URI @ UMass

ChickenMan
September 19th, 2005, 05:20 PM
After seeing UMass vs Colgate and URI vs W&M it's obvious that URI should win this one. URI's triple option offense hung 48 points and totally dominated a supposedly very good W&M squad. Meanwhile... UMass' offense was nearly MIA and their running game non exsistant in their loss to a less than average Colgate team. UMass got things going on the ground vs Albany last week... but Albany... who was thrashed 36-7 by Hofstra... isn't much of a test. All signs point to a URI win... so my pick is... UMass 28 URI 20... ;)

DTSpider
September 19th, 2005, 05:36 PM
This week will show a lot about the A10 north. If UMass drops this game then they are in a bad spot coming down the stretch. Can URI really start 4-0? If they steal a W here than they are serious playoff contenders.

umassfan
September 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM
After seeing UMass vs Colgate and URI vs W&M it's obvious that URI should win this one. URI's triple option offense hung 48 points and totally dominated a supposedly very good W&M squad. Meanwhile... UMass' offense was nearly MIA and their running game non exsistant in their loss to a less than average Colgate team. UMass got things going on the ground vs Albany last week... but Albany... who was thrashed 36-7 by Hofstra... isn't much of a test. All signs point to a URI win... so my pick is... UMass 28 URI 20... ;)
Its so obvious :rolleyes:

blukeys
September 19th, 2005, 05:59 PM
This is a must win for Umass although it is early in the season. Should UMass lose they will have to face the following end of year schedule without losing 2 games.

Oct 15 - vs. James Madison, 12:05 PM
Oct 22 - at Maine, 2:00 PM
Oct 29 - vs. New Hampshire, 12:00 PM
Nov 5 - at Delaware, 1:00 PM
Nov 12 - at Army, 1:00 PM
Nov 19 - at Hofstra, 1:00 PM

Going 4-2 against this group would likely keep them out of the playoffs. :(
That is a daunting task for anyone.

Hoo-ah
September 19th, 2005, 06:03 PM
I wish this game was on tv this week. :mad: It's URI's speed on O against UM's speed on D. I was really impressed by the big/tough linebacker from URI (Fitchburg High turns out tough guys--just play them in football to find out).

URI's D line played strong against W&M as the game went on; and if UM's O line doesn't improve on run blocking, the game could rest on Coen's arm. If he is successful against the URI DB's, and with the home field advantage (didn't use much last season...) I see it: 28-21 UM...

Hoo-ah
September 19th, 2005, 06:04 PM
I wish this game was on tv this week. :mad: It's URI's speed on O against UM's speed on D. I was really impressed by the big/tough linebacker from URI (Fitchburg High turns out tough guys--just play them in football to find out).

URI's D line played strong against W&M as the game went on; and if UM's O line doesn't improve on run blocking, the game could rest on Coen's arm. If he is successful against the URI DBs, and with the home field advantage (didn't use it much last season...) I see it: 28-21 UM...

umassfan
September 19th, 2005, 06:07 PM
We should get back another starter on the OLine and that would leave just one starter missing. I think getting back our FB from suspention will improve our running game as well... he missed the last two games. We ran well vs Richmond with him in the game.