PDA

View Full Version : EKU to announce new coach Tuesday (1/22/08)

FCS Preview
January 21st, 2008, 01:00 PM
EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY TO ANNOUNCE NEW FOOTBALL HEAD COACH TUESDAY AFTERNOON

January 21, 2008
For Immediate Release

RICHMOND, Ky. – Eastern Kentucky University will introduce its new football head coach Tuesday, Jan. 22. The press conference will take place in the Student Services Building’s O’Donnell Auditorium at 2 p.m.

All Colonel supporters and media are invited to attend the event.

Michael Clark
Eastern Kentucky University
Director of Athletic Public Relations

(no link at EKUsports.com)

Maroons
January 21st, 2008, 02:26 PM
The Richmond Register is reporting that Wake Forest DC Dean Hood will be named the new Head Coach.

Breaking News: Hood to be named EKU coach (http://www.richmondregister.com/homepage/local_story_021150854.html?keyword=leadpicturestor y)

Eight Legger
January 21st, 2008, 03:57 PM
Congrats on the hire. Between us, we've now stolen two DCs from ACC schools. I like that!

sportsnut17
January 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
If this is true, you guys are getting a great coach, he will be missed in Winston-Salem

EKU05
January 21st, 2008, 05:06 PM
Congrats on the hire. Between us, we've now stolen two DCs from ACC schools. I like that!

Whether it's Kentucky or Virginia it seems ACC coaches are anxious to move to Richmond...

Maroons
January 22nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Apparently the 2 pm press conference will be streamed at this address: mms://media.eku.edu/EKUathletics

Maroons
January 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Press conference is rolling live...

Maroons
January 22nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
It seemed that Hood won over the crowd with straight forward answers and an endearing story about his time on the staff with Coach Roy Kidd. First thing he said he would be doing was meeting with the recruiting coordinator to get up to speed. He was the only candidate offered the job. It sounds like the offense and defense will be playing a very similiar style to last season. He also said he would be meeting with the assistant coaches before making any decisions about his staff.

FCS Preview
January 22nd, 2008, 02:23 PM
http://www.ekusports.com/article.asp?articleid=89910

back2back
January 22nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Congrats Coach Hood! I will miss seeing you at Spring Practice!