PDA

View Full Version : VMI fans?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Wondering if there are any VMI fans on the board. I thought there was one but maybe i was mistaking. Looking for some insight from the oppositions prospective heading into this weeks Lehigh-VMI game in Lexington. I would love to go down to the game but gas prices are too much right now for a college student to afford especially if i want to go to Harvard the following weekend.

Sly Fox
September 19th, 2005, 05:16 PM
They have a Yahoo group and occasionally have a poster or two drop by here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2005, 05:26 PM
They have a Yahoo group and occasionally have a poster or two drop by here.

Can ya give me a link to the yahoo group?

Coastal89
September 19th, 2005, 05:32 PM
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/vmisportstalk/messages

DTSpider
September 19th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Payner used to come around from time to time.

Hansel
September 19th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Payner used to come around from time to time.
I beleive his handle is now keydet90,

bigred
September 19th, 2005, 06:36 PM
I am a fan, but have yet to see them play this year. Hard to really no what to expect on Saturday in Lexington. The team seems to be healthy and has a fighting spirit that was absent last year. They rocked a non-scholarship team, got rocked by William and Mary ( 20 straight years now) and played as expected against a poor Div. 1 opponent (i.e. Duke). I think if the Keydets can stay disciplined and give the quarterback sometime in the pocket we might actually give Lehigh a game.

I am not holding out too much hope, but as always, I will listen to the entire game on the internet and support my team through another trying season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2005, 04:38 PM
Does VMI broadcast there games on the web and if so is it free or do ya gotta pay? I don't feel like paying for the Lehigh broadcast if i don't have to for only one game. I can't believe WFMZ isn't broadcasting this game. :bang:

bigred
September 22nd, 2005, 09:43 AM
They are broadcasted for free...how about that in this day and age.

Here is the site:

http://www.inter-tainment.com/vmi/football.htm

On game day there will be a hotlink in the listen column. In years past there have been issues with buffering and lost signals, but this year it has been working pretty well.

I hope we can give you all a good game on Saturday....wishfull thinking.

DTSpider
September 22nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
I know we're still a ways away, but I hope that some of you keydets are planning to be at UR Stadium this year.

citdog
September 22nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
VMI still plays football? ;) :) :cool:

ngineer
September 22nd, 2005, 09:09 PM
Does VMI broadcast there games on the web and if so is it free or do ya gotta pay? I don't feel like paying for the Lehigh broadcast if i don't have to for only one game. I can't believe WFMZ isn't broadcasting this game. :bang:

ESPN Radio in the Lehigh Valley (1230 and 1320 AM) will be carrying the game.

ngineer
September 22nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
VMI still plays football? ;) :) :cool:

Still a young season, and not indicative, yet considering the opposite end of the spectrum opposition in the first two games; but I was wondering how the fans have taken to Higgins? We found him to be a real class act at Lehigh. Wondering how the NFL experience may have changed him.

citdog
September 23rd, 2005, 10:01 AM
Once we get over the way he talks (VERY YANKEE) I think the folks will like him fine. He is doing a good job imho and has us looking forward to the future of Bulldog Football.

ngineer
September 23rd, 2005, 10:47 PM
Once we get over the way he talks (VERY YANKEE) I think the folks will like him fine. He is doing a good job imho and has us looking forward to the future of Bulldog Football.

I love it. I lived in Detroit for three years, and I was amazed how many people would say to me, "are you from Philly?" (I grew up about 35 miles northwest of Philadelphia). I never realized I had an accent before that occured ;)

blukeys
September 24th, 2005, 12:09 AM
I love it. I lived in Detroit for three years, and I was amazed how many people would say to me, "are you from Philly?" (I grew up about 35 miles northwest of Philadelphia). I never realized I had an accent before that occured ;)

When I visit my brother in Mass. I frequently am asked if I am from Georgia or North Carolina. (Oddly, there is according to linguists a distinct Delaware - Maryland Eastern Shore accent) My first response is always "Someone from Massachusetts is accusing me of having an accent? Since these folks are never challenged on dropping their R's and losing the short A, they typically are stunned into silence. :)

As for Philly, Just say Yo' Adrian! :D :D

Hoo-ah
September 24th, 2005, 08:35 AM
When I visit my brother in Mass. I frequently am asked if I am from Georgia or North Carolina. (Oddly, there is according to linguists a distinct Delaware - Maryland Eastern Shore accent) My first response is always "Someone from Massachusetts is accusing me of having an accent? Since these folks are never challenged on dropping their R's and losing the short A, they typically are stunned into silence. :)

As for Philly, Just say Yo' Adrian! :D :D

West of Worcester that Boston accent disappears--thankfully ;) .