PDA

View Full Version : NoCo gets U.Florida QB Transfer

ncbears
January 19th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Brian Waggener a 6foot6, 232lb qb from the University of Florida has enrolled at UNC and will compete with others in spring drills. He broke his ankle last year and fell to number 4 on the Gator depth chart. Before going to UF, during JC years he was recruited by Ole' Miss, Auburn, Oregon State, Utah and Florida.

GOKATS
January 19th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Looks like a really good get for the Bears.xthumbsupx

already123
January 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM
They'll need it. hopefully, it wont turn into a Jimmy Barnes type situation...

ncbears
January 20th, 2008, 11:29 AM
He's going to have to compete with three others in spring and fall. We've got a highly touted freshman that redshirted last year. He's a very mobile qb. Should be a fun contest.

Mountain Panther
January 20th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Brian Waggener a 6foot6, 232lb qb from the University of Florida has enrolled at UNC and will compete with others in spring drills. He broke his ankle last year and fell to number 4 on the Gator depth chart. Before going to UF, during JC years he was recruited by Ole' Miss, Auburn, Oregon State, Utah and Florida.

Sounds like a good pick up...and your recruiter must have done some real sweet talkin' to get him to leave Gainsville for Greeley.

footballer23
January 20th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Sounds like a good pick up...and your recruiter must have done some real sweet talkin' to get him to leave Gainsville for Greeley.

Yeah... I don't want this to sound mean, but I don't think Northern Colorado is on a lot of the radars of I-A players looking to transfer. But, good for them... that recruiter deserves a raise.

spelunker64
January 20th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Can he handle a knife?

:D

appfan2008
January 20th, 2008, 01:37 PM
wow... he sure wont be surrounded by the same talent!!!

Peems
January 20th, 2008, 06:23 PM
wow... he sure wont be surrounded by the same talent!!!

Don't be so sure. The Bears were young and will only get better, don't be surprised if they double their win total...2

ncbears
January 20th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I have no idea how he picked UNC but I am glad. We don't even recruit down south. Our head football coach was hired not too long ago because he was a good recruiter so maybe we'll see the fruits of his labor.

Our older coach hated recruiting and it showed.

ncbears
January 20th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Tebow says he's good, I'll side with what he says.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=72270

Zoo
January 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM

But can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?! xlolx

No, just joking, you Bears have gotta start a few winning games at some point, and that year should be next year.

ncbears
January 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
But can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?! xlolx
No, just joking, you Bears have gotta start a few winning games at some point, and that year should be next year.

What? I don't get it.

already123
January 23rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
me neither

OL FU
January 23rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
We got one of those a few years backxthumbsupx