PDA

View Full Version : Don Hansen's poll is out

89rabbit
September 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
For what it is worth:

http://www.donhansen.com/polls/ncaa1-aa.php

Tod
September 18th, 2005, 07:49 PM
What the hell is Montana doing at #1? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

GSU Eagle
September 18th, 2005, 08:25 PM
The Eagles should be in no one's top 25 right now.

FlyYtown
September 18th, 2005, 08:41 PM
YSU #39.

I wouldn't mind #30 on this poll; but this is awful

catamount man
September 18th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I can live still being ranked #14, especially since we were one drive from knocking off a Big East team. :bang: GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2005, 09:13 PM
I can live still being ranked #14, especially since we were one drive from knocking off a Big East team. :bang: GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

More like the Big Least :D . Louisville might break the record for largest scoring marging against conference opponents. That conference is terrible. Syracuse and W.V might be the only Top 50 teams, maybe Uconn. in the conference other than the Cards. Still it was an impressive performance, atleast deffensively against the Bearkats. The win against Furman though showed more about WCU than the tight loss to Cincy.

biobengal
September 18th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Idaho State????? No top 40 love?? This seems more like a list of AGS's favorite teams.

blukeys
September 18th, 2005, 09:18 PM
What the hell is Montana doing at #1? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

Truth is there is no #1 I-AA team. You can throw the legendary blanket over the best 20 I-AA teams and make a case for any of them. One could make Montana 1 or 20 and not get an argument out of me. I would say the same for my Hens. Hansen still seems married to the Southern Illinois band wagon he has been on for the last 2 years. It seems playoff results mean nothing to him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ngineer
September 18th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Truth is there is no #1 I-AA team. You can throw the legendary blanket over the best 20 I-AA teams and make a case for any of them. One could make Montana 1 or 20 and not get an argument out of me. I would say the same for my Hens. Hansen still seems married to the Southern Illinois band wagon he has been on for the last 2 years. It seems playoff results mean nothing to him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That may be a bit much. At this point in the season, there are about a half dozen that could claim to "No.1"--but not 20--I wouldn't be presumptuous to even try and make a case for Lehigh--though I like his view of us as being a top 10. Anyone with a goose egg in the loss column can push their chest out right now :cool:

blukeys
September 18th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Don't agree ngineer. Lehigh's claim would be about as good as anyone's. (assuming UD is also in your top 5). There is truly not much separating the best teams right now. All have their strengths and all have their weaknesses. This is going to be a wild year and all will have to pay attention. ;) ;) :)

Ram Ball
September 19th, 2005, 09:34 AM
#11 ?!?!?!?
hey, it's been so long, I DON'T CARE if we deserve it or not.....GO RHODY....thanks Don Hansen!!!

Dukester
September 19th, 2005, 10:26 AM
There is no even close clearcut #1 at this point in my opinion. Certainly not Montana or Ill St. There's probably 15 teams that might be #1.

Teams that already have 2 losses halfway through September are in big trouble.

Grande Rosso
September 19th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Hansen still seems married to the Southern Illinois band wagon he has been on for the last 2 years. It seems playoff results mean nothing to him.

You can't have it both ways. You give Hansen a hard time for voting based on SIU's record, but then say you can't vote for them because they have pooped in the playoffs.

Either the past means something, or it doesn't.

Until you have 3 or 4 weeks of results against comparable/conference trams, polls mean practially nothing. A loss to a I-A and a big win over a D-II or NAIA don't mean anything as far as telling how good a team is yet.

blukeys
September 19th, 2005, 12:29 PM
You can't have it both ways. You give Hansen a hard time for voting based on SIU's record, but then say you can't vote for them because they have pooped in the playoffs.

Either the past means something, or it doesn't.

What record? beating up on a couple of weak teams. That is what makes for a high ranking? Let's just put all the 3-0 and 2-0 teams in as the top teams and leave out anyone that has a loss.

Yes, the past means something when a team consistently loses to quality I-AA competition when it counts.