PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally over it.

Grizaholic17
January 13th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Well, after about a month and a half absence from the wonderful world of AGS, I've decided to get over the Griz heartbreaking loss and get ready for 2008. We have a very young team coming in this year and a new section to the stadium being built. Let's go griz and congrats to everyone else that did well in the playoffs.

APPALACHIANstate
January 13th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Hey, you shouldn't be so upset over it. The Griz are a tough team and need their fans support! Glad you are back. Do you guys have any good young guys coming in this year?

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 13th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Welcome back....some games are more difficult to get over then others.

slostang
January 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Hey Grizaholic17, you have got a lot to look forward to in in 2008. Number one is that you open the season Sept. 6th in San Luis Obispo to take on the Mustangs of Cal Poly. I know I am looking forward to that. We will have to talk football over a few cold ones before the game.

MR. CHICKEN
January 13th, 2008, 09:54 AM
RELAX GRIZZWOLD.......WHAT'S DUH WORRY.....xconfusedx.....YA'LL PLAY IN DUH "BIG FLUFFY"...........xnodx....BRAWK!

OB55
January 13th, 2008, 11:11 AM
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

SeattleGriz
January 13th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Well, after about a month and a half absence from the wonderful world of AGS, I've decided to get over the Griz heartbreaking loss and get ready for 2008. We have a very young team coming in this year and a new section to the stadium being built. Let's go griz and congrats to everyone else that did well in the playoffs.

I'm not quite there yet, Grizaholic. Probably won't be until we beat our first decent team of 2008.

grizband
January 13th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hey, you shouldn't be so upset over it. The Griz are a tough team and need their fans support! Glad you are back. Do you guys have any good young guys coming in this year?
I'm a little concerned at RB, but we have a local boy Ty Palmer who should see time at WR, and some up and comers on deffense. Cole Bergquist returns, along with most of the O-line, which should definitely help.

DuckDuckGriz
January 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I think Cole Bergquist is a good QB - but I would like someone who is more of a team leader and takes the game on his shoulders (Dickenson, Ah Yat, Miller, Edwards, Ochs, etc)

Mountain Panther
January 13th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I might have to make the trip up to Greeley this fall when the mighty Griz visit the Bears.

DuckDuckGriz
January 13th, 2008, 01:43 PM
When you going to make it up to Missoula for a game MP?

appfan2008
January 13th, 2008, 01:57 PM
The griz will be fine... I am sure you all will have a very good team next year... I really hope we can meet again in the playoffs sometime soon

DuckDuckGriz
January 13th, 2008, 02:12 PM
We're spoiled and impatient fans App. Sixth year in a row just being "fine" during the season we want to have some "fine" hardware to show for it :D

PaladinFan
January 13th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I'm not quite there yet, Grizaholic. Probably won't be until we beat our first decent team of 2008.

come on down south, we'll give you some decent teams to play xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
January 13th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Hey Grizaholic17, you have got a lot to look forward to in in 2008. Number one is that you open the season Sept. 6th in San Luis Obispo to take on the Mustangs of Cal Poly. I know I am looking forward to that. We will have to talk football over a few cold ones before the game.

Slostang, I am going to do everything in my POWER to be there for that game....especially since this is not the year for the bi-annual road trip to Flagstaff to watch the beatdown! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I'd love to hook up and party with some CP guys/gals on the 5th/6th! xnodx xnodx

slostang
January 13th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Slostang, I am going to do everything in my POWER to be there for that game....especially since this is not the year for the bi-annual road trip to Flagstaff to watch the beatdown! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I'd love to hook up and party with some CP guys/gals on the 5th/6th! xnodx xnodx

Your on. Look forward to it.

ncbears
January 13th, 2008, 10:40 PM

Only a loser would take a month and a half to get over a football game.
xcoffeex xcoffeex

You're better then that...right?

Eyes of Old Main
January 13th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Welcome back, Grizaholic.

uofmman1122
January 13th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Way to go, Grizaholic! xthumbsupx

I'm still not....xnonono2x

lol

Grizaholic17
January 14th, 2008, 12:44 AM
xcoffeex xcoffeex

You're obviously not a Montana fan then. We take football very seriously in these parts. Especially GRIZ football. So, in your eyes, I am not better than that...it's tough for your team to lose because a field goal was missed by 1 foot. grrr....

grizband
January 14th, 2008, 02:53 AM
You're obviously not a Montana fan then. We take football very seriously in these parts. Especially GRIZ football. So, in your eyes, I am not better than that...it's tough for your team to lose because a field goal was missed by 1 foot. grrr....
When it was a field goal your kicker made throughout his career. Nonetheless, we still love Carpenter!

ncbears
January 14th, 2008, 08:20 AM

It doesn't matter where you're from. A month and a half to get over a game is stupid. Get a life.

Thunderstruck84
January 14th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I know what you mean, the Vikings fan in me took a looooong time to recover back in January '99 when the guy who hadn't missed a kick all effing season managed to miss the 38 yarder that would've punched the ticket to the Super Bowl and ruined the 15-1 season.xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

montanafan
January 14th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I think Cole Bergquist is a good QB - but I would like someone who is more of a team leader and takes the game on his shoulders (Dickenson, Ah Yat, Miller, Edwards, Ochs, etc)

Hey Duckduck, I feel that part of our problem in the last few years has been our reliance on the one year wonders. It seems like we get a transfer that takes over for a year at QB maybe a year and a half and then they are gone. Our offense never gets a chance to gell and really get going. I had a talk with the CFO of the atheletic department about this and he said that because we have such a demanding fan base the coaches are scared to have a down year by starting a freshman or sophmore. That is a big problem and it sucks.

PaladinFan
January 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM

especially when it was a school of about 1200 students who flew all the way across the country to beat you on your home field? xnodx

Ok, I'm done ribbing :D Welcome back.

ps. Furman is the king of late game meltdowns and heartbreaking losses. Just ask App fans.

AshevilleApp2
January 14th, 2008, 11:56 AM
especially when it was a school of about 1200 students who flew all the way across the country to beat you on your home field? xnodx

ps. Furman is the king of late game meltdowns and heartbreaking losses. Just ask App fans.

Can't argue with that. Ingle Martin's slip. Lamb's Folly (aka The Miracle on the Mountain).....

lizrdgizrd
January 14th, 2008, 12:24 PM

I don't remember your losses being heartbreaking. xchinscratchx xconfusedx

xsmiley_wix

AZGrizFan
January 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM
xcoffeex xcoffeex

When you've perfected the art of losing like UNC has, you have to get over your losses pretty quickly, since you KNOW there's another one coming in just 7 days. Us in Griz land don't have that skill mastered.... xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

By the way, congrats on the Bobcat game. I'm sure they're STILL not over that one.... xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
January 14th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I don't remember your losses being heartbreaking. xchinscratchx xconfusedx

xsmiley_wix

you obviously weren't there ;)

remember how you felt in 2005 when Furman blocked Julian Rauch's field goal at Paladin Stadium. How you felt like App was the better team and the game was taken from underneath you? It feels something like that.

ncbears
January 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM
When you've perfected the art of losing like UNC has, you have to get over your losses pretty quickly, since you KNOW there's another one coming in just 7 days. Us in Griz land don't have that skill mastered.... xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

By the way, congrats on the Bobcat game. I'm sure they're STILL not over that one.... xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

You don't know anything about UNC so I would shut it. Go back to dwelling on a game.

bandl
January 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM

Finally realized that you actually have to earn your way to the NC game, huh? It's not given to you on a silver platter like it is in FBS...

;)

AshevilleApp2
January 14th, 2008, 02:31 PM
You don't know anything about UNC so I would shut it. Go back to dwelling on a game.

1-11 record in 2007 for UNC. I can see why you don't dwell on games!xlolx

ncbears
January 14th, 2008, 04:06 PM
1-11 record in 2007 for UNC. I can see why you don't dwell on games!xlolx

We aren't used to losing so that will change.

DuckDuckGriz
January 14th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hey now people let's get along. Don't be fooled - UNC is a proud program with national title rings in the 90s to boot. They are having a tough transitional period obviously which yes has perhaps gotten them used to looking ahead. Not everyone can be a North Dakota State.

AZGrizFan
January 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM

No, you shut it.

Na-na-boo-boo.

xrolleyesx

ncbears
January 14th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hey now people let's get along. Don't be fooled - UNC is a proud program with national title rings in the 90s to boot. They are having a tough transitional period obviously which yes has perhaps gotten them used to looking ahead. Not everyone can be a North Dakota State.

Thanks DuckDuck. Well put.

Grizaholic17
January 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Finally realized that you actually have to earn your way to the NC game, huh? It's not given to you on a silver platter like it is in FBS...

;)

No, I've known that for pretty much ever...the griz have earned there way before, it's just depressing when they don't earn it every year...haha.

mcveyrl
January 14th, 2008, 05:21 PM

So I guess if the Griz had lost like we did, there'd be a lot of "spiked" Kool-Aid being drunk??

I take football seriously too. The fumble happened right in front of me while I was screaming my head off...We were about to knock off the two-time defending champions and like that it was gone.

But, it was just a football game. I listened to The Office on the way back from Boone (everyone else in the car got to watch it) and laughed. I also watched plenty of football that afternoon and the rest of the season. Football's a great passion, but I won't get that bummed about it unless my livelihood depends on it.

DuckDuckGriz
January 14th, 2008, 05:23 PM
So I guess if the Griz had lost like we did, there'd be a lot of "spiked" Kool-Aid being drunk??

I take football seriously too. The fumble happened right in front of me while I was screaming my head off...We were about to knock off the two-time defending champions and like that it was gone.

But, it was just a football game. I listened to The Office on the way back from Boone (everyone else in the car got to watch it) and laughed. I also watched plenty of football that afternoon and the rest of the season. Football's a great passion, but I won't get that bummed about it unless my livelihood depends on it.

That's the great thing about football. When you win all you can do is talk about it and celebrate - but when you lose suddenly there are more important things in life. Either way, there's a bright side of looking at things.

AZGrizFan
January 14th, 2008, 05:32 PM

My son and I still get a chuckle out of the scene we witnessed outside the bar immediately after Carpenter missed the field goal. There were people out there, standing around, muttering to themselves, arms flailing, yelling, screaming....we got a real kick out of it.

Other than the fact that I didn't watch much of the playoffs after that, I really didn't lose a whole lotta sleep over the deal. Wasn't that impressed with the Griz this year on the whole anyways....xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

ncbears
January 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM

I am with you on that one. I love UNC football and I am pissed as hell when they lose but I usually get over it in about a day or two. It's just a football game. Face it Grizaholic17, you need to get a life. There are more important things in life then football.

ncbears
January 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
My son and I still get a chuckle out of the scene we witnessed outside the bar immediately after Carpenter missed the field goal. There were people out there, standing around, muttering to themselves, arms flailing, yelling, screaming....we got a real kick out of it.

Other than the fact that I didn't watch much of the playoffs after that, I really didn't lose a whole lotta sleep over the deal. Wasn't that impressed with the Griz this year on the whole anyways....xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

off topic AZ, but I was just in Tempe. I should have let you know and i would have taken you out for a beer and we could have talked big sky football. Next time I am down there I'll let you know before hand.

PaladinFan
January 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM

remember your 2004 win in the playoffs over Furman? Now you know how we felt.

Again, if theres a team on here that has suffered more agonizing and excruciating losses than Furman the past 5 or so years, then please step forward xbawlingx

lizrdgizrd
January 15th, 2008, 08:48 AM
you obviously weren't there ;)

remember how you felt in 2005 when Furman blocked Julian Rauch's field goal at Paladin Stadium. How you felt like App was the better team and the game was taken from underneath you? It feels something like that.
All I remember from 2005 is a different game against some purple people. But I think it ended with a trophy. xchinscratchx

AZGrizFan
January 15th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I am with you on that one. I love UNC football and I am pissed as hell when they lose but I usually get over it in about a day or two. It's just a football game. Face it Grizaholic17, you need to get a life. There are more important things in life then football.

As I made clear earlier----you HAVE to get over it in a day or two, to start steeling your resolve for the NEXT one, which is just 3-4 short days away! ;) ;) ;) If you don't get over them quickly at UNC, **** starts pilin' up inside your head, and pretty soon you've got a bunch of UNC grads jumpin' off overpasses into oncoming traffic! xeekx xeekx xeekx

edit: btw, any time on the beer!