PDA

View Full Version : UMass sets I-AA record against Albany

Umass74
September 17th, 2005, 10:10 PM
UMass set an NCAA I-AA record with three safeties in a game. It has been done twice in Division I-A (Arizona State vs. Nebraska on Sept. 21, 1996 and North Texas vs. UL-Lafayette on Sept. 27, 2003).

* UMass allowed just 31 yards of total offense by Albany, setting a UMass school defense record. The previous low was just 67 yards by New Hampshire (Nov. 13, 1982).

Just got back from the game. I'll have a bunch of images up on my blog tomorrow; I'm too tired to sort though them now.

Two of the safeties were on botched long snaps to the punter...

RadMann
September 17th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Based on the stats you present, Im sure we'll be eagerly anticipating the pics from this nail-biter game... lol

blukeys
September 17th, 2005, 11:51 PM
I'm not surprised by the Umass performance. They are a better team than they showed against Colgate. The A-10 has always been topsy turvy. Looks as if that description can be applied to all of I-AA. :D :D

bkrownd
September 17th, 2005, 11:58 PM
I'm not surprised by the Umass performance. They area better team than they showed against Colgate.

The defense was good at Colgate, it was just the offensive mental implosion that did it last week...

blukeys
September 18th, 2005, 12:27 AM
The defense was good at Colgate, it was just the offensive mental implosion that did it last week...

That and some inspired play by Colgate on defense. Day looked terrible but Colgate's D had a never say die attitude. ;) :D :D

umassfan
September 18th, 2005, 01:35 AM
That and some inspired play by Colgate on defense. Day looked terrible but Colgate's D had a never say die attitude. ;) :D :D

There is a reason why Day has been replaced by the freshman.... Coen is a much better QB and "the future"!

dungeonjoe
September 18th, 2005, 03:01 AM
sounds as if it is a division I record for safeties with three not just I-AA

Tubby Raymond
September 18th, 2005, 05:34 AM
There is a reason why Day has been replaced by the freshman.... Coen is a much better QB and "the future"!

-- SMACK DELETED --