PDA

View Full Version : Griz 7, SDSU 0

putter
September 17th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Well our defense saved the day again. They will shut down almost everybody this year, guaranteed! Unfortunately we my only score 3 - 7 points per game. Our QB is horrible and inefficient as hell. Our coach won't give the backup a chance to prove himself despite the fact that Washington has done nothing for 3 games now. For all those voting, until we get a leader, the Griz don't deserve to be in the top 5, maybe the top 10!

mainejeff
September 17th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I bet that your QB isn't as bad as ours right now.... :(

putter
September 17th, 2005, 09:46 PM
He is close. I think with his happy feet he could out tap Sammy Davis Jr.

Tod
September 17th, 2005, 09:50 PM
He is close. I think with his happy feet he could out tap Sammy Davis Jr.

Who? ;) ;)

showing your age, putter.

:D

Ronbo
September 17th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Well our defense saved the day again. They will shut down almost everybody this year, guaranteed! Unfortunately we my only score 3 - 7 points per game. Our QB is horrible and inefficient as hell. Our coach won't give the backup a chance to prove himself despite the fact that Washington has done nothing for 3 games now. For all those voting, until we get a leader, the Griz don't deserve to be in the top 5, maybe the top 10!

First off putter is giving quite a false report on the QB.

My my putter you are quite the neggy. The offense played a very conservative game because it RAINED the whole game. Want to talk about QB problems I'd look at SDSU. This was a total rain game that held the score down and helped the defenses. We'll see how good SDSU ends up, they beat NDSU last year and they have 16 starters back so they aren't that bad. Take a look at the rushing yards, this team averages 350 yards rushing. Washington was 19-28, 68%. Problem? Their QB was 9 for 24.

...............................SDSU............Mon tana
1st Downs...................10...................17
3rd down efficiency......2-14................8-18
4th down efficiency.......1-3.................0-2
Total Yards..................108.................300
Passing........................80................. .129
Comp-Att...................9-24................19-31
Yards per pass.............2.8...................3.8
Rushing.......................28.................. .171
Rushing Attempts..........32....................46
Yards per rush..............0.9...................3.7
Penalties.....................6-34.................5-30
Turnovers.....................2................... ...1
Fumbles lost..................1......................1
Interceptions thrown.......1......................0
Possession.................27:25................32 :35

Mr. C
September 17th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Can I guess what they will be talking about on the Griz board this week? The pressure grows on the QB.

Was the S. Dakota State offense that inept, or was the Griz defense that good?

Ronbo
September 17th, 2005, 09:59 PM
No pressure on the coaches. Hauck said on the post game show he sees the QB's day in and day out and Washington has the most potential and that's it. He says Bergquist isn't ready. By the way Bergquist got in in the 2nd qtr for a series against the SDSU 1's. He had an incompletion and then fumbled the ball. He never saw the field again.

It was a rain game. Up till this game SDSU averaged 525 yards a game and 55 points.

GaSouthern
September 17th, 2005, 10:02 PM
ever seen our QB throw??? he made chaz williams look like an all american qb. although he is an amazing athlete the pass just should not be in our playbook.

Ronbo
September 17th, 2005, 10:12 PM
I'll add this about Washington's stats today. I counted 4 dropped passes that should have been caught, hit the receivers right in the hands. And he threw 2 passes away to avoid a sack. He was on target pretty much all day, we just didn't go long much because it was raining. We played very conservative using short passes and the run game all afternoon.

So far after 3 games Washington is 39-68, 57%. Not bad as he is still learning the offense and gaining confidence. He'll be OK.

Hansel
September 17th, 2005, 10:23 PM
No pressure on the coaches. Hauck said on the post game show he sees the QB's day in and day out and Washington has the most potential and that's it. He says Bergquist isn't ready. By the way Bergquist got in in the 2nd qtr for a series against the SDSU 1's. He had an incompletion and then fumbled the ball. He never saw the field again.

It was a rain game. Up till this game SDSU averaged 525 yards a game and 55 points.
SDSU's first two opponents were a DIII and a non-scholarship IAA team, so those stats are a bit misleading. The Griz D is no doubt solid, but I think they are going to have problems scoring

Ronbo
September 17th, 2005, 10:27 PM
SDSU's first two opponents were a DIII and a non-scholarship IAA team, so those stats are a bit misleading. The Griz D is no doubt solid, but I think they are going to have problems scoring

They score about the same points on those type programs as you do. So what's the point? Stupid comment.

Hansel
September 17th, 2005, 10:30 PM
They score about the same points on those type programs as you do. So what's the point? Stupid comment.

Ummm that SDSU isn't going to average 500+ yards on offense and 55 points a game all year :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ronbo
September 17th, 2005, 10:33 PM
No dork, I said that SDSU beat the lesser quality teams just as bad as NDSU does. So what makes you so much better?

This game rained and did not let up. I assure you this offense will click and look very good by mid season. I find you fast starting teams seem to peak early and then sputter out near season's end. Montana had many early season scares last year but we peak in Oct. and then kick butt. Look for it again this season. All you guys that pray for us to fail and fall are just dreamers. It's a little funny like penis envy.

Hansel
September 17th, 2005, 10:37 PM
No dork, I said that SDSU beat the lesser quality teams just as bad as NDSU does. So what makes you so much better?

This game rained and did not let up. I assure you this offense will click and look very good by mid season. I find you fast starting teams seem to peak early and then sputter out near season's end.

A little testy are we? I never said we were better than SDSU, just said the first two opponents against whom they racked up the vaunted stats you were quoted were less than stellar :cool:

AggiePride
September 17th, 2005, 10:39 PM
A little testy are we? I never said we were better than SDSU, just said the first two opponents against whom they racked up the vaunted stats you were quoted were less than stellar :cool:

HAHHA, you got called a DORK!!!!

That's one of those supposed flames that only burns the typer.........

NDSU > Montana

Hansel
September 17th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Ronbo said

Montana had many early season scares last year but we peak in Oct. and then kick butt. Look for it again this season. All you guys that pray for us to fail and fall are just dreamers. It's a little funny like penis envy.

Penis Envy... really :rolleyes:

89rabbit
September 17th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Just want to say that SDSU's defense played pretty well as did Montana's. I thought this game was a defensive slugfest. Could both offenses have played better? Sure, but both defenses had something to do with the offenses looking sub par.

Bottom line, when looking at some of the other Great West vs Big Sky scores from tonight, is that these were two good teams from two good conferences that went at it for 60 min.

I kind of resent a tone I am picking up in some of the posts that somehow the score was purely a collaspe by the Griz. I mean after all how else would you explain such a close score with such an inferior team. SDSU beat Southern on the road last year, beat NDSU, lost by 7 to Cal-Poly at their place on a punt return, lost by 3 to Montana St. at their place on a last second FG. We did pretty well last season and we are off to a good start this season (The Defense is allowing an Avg. of 8.6 points per game). Maybe, just maybe SDSU has a pretty good football team. Have some of you ever stopped to consider that might be the reason the game was so close. :doh: :mad: :splat: :mad:

Ronbo
September 17th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Some of it stems from some our crybaby spoiled fans that want us to win by 40 every game 89 or they think the sky is falling. These people from other schools that want the Griz to fall pick up on that and go off trying to say how we won't score much this season. Keep dreaming. We won't average 37 points a game this season, maybe 30, but our defense will give up 10 points less average than last season too. So we'll be a comparable team, just better defensively and less offensively.

Ronbo
September 17th, 2005, 11:04 PM
HAHHA, you got called a DORK!!!!

That's one of those supposed flames that only burns the typer.........

NDSU > Montana

You know what's funny Aggie? Your first losing season in 30 something years. Welcome to I-AA. :D Maybe you guys should just skip right on up right away as FIU and FAU never won much in I-AA either and just gave up and moved on.

AggiePride
September 17th, 2005, 11:05 PM
You know what's funny Aggie? Your first losing season in 30 something years. Welcome I-AA. :D

Check out our game right now, down three against a PAC-10 in the late third quarter..BSC man, plenty of season left, and check your team first, 7-0 vs. SDSU. :rolleyes:

Edit: we win 20-17, are 1-2, and definately not thinking "losing season".

griz37
September 17th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Ronbo,
You seriously need to wake up. First of all at this point in the season NDSU & for that matter Cal Poly would absolutely kill us. 2nd it did rain most of the game but it was just a drizzle 3/4 of the time shouldn't have affected a real passing game. 3rd Washington complete something like 18 passes for about 115 yards, less than 7 yards a catch, not very good. They didn't through downfield because when he does throw a deep ball Monte has time to run up the tunnel grab his motorcycle and ride it back out to get under the ball. All his deep passes are ducks. Did you see those catches where Talmage had to use all of his size to go up and sometimes back to catch JW's poor passes. And finally Cole was in for 1 series and fumbled. Oh wow he must really suck. I guess they better bench Lulay or Bozeman too, I mean he fumbled and it cost his team a TD. For those of you outside of Missoula I wouldn't just trust what Ronbo says.

Ronbo
September 17th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Another Griz bandwagoner that crys and moans when we don't win by 40 points. You Griz fans suck cause you turn on the team in a heartbeat. Go root for Carroll College you turncoat. You suck. :mad: I'm sure you and putter are calling for the coache's head on eGriz and he's 23-8. You guys blow! And you know what's really funny AGS members? These same guys will act like they backed the team the whole season when we go 9-2 and make the playoffs. They are true bandwagoners not fans.

griz37
September 18th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Another Griz bandwagoner that crys and moans when we don't win by 40 points. You Griz fans suck cause you turn on the team in a heartbeat. Go root for Carroll College you turncoat. You suck. :mad: I'm sure you and putter are calling for the coache's head on eGriz and he's 23-8. You guys blow! And you know what's really funny AGS members? These same guys will act like they backed the team the whole season when we go 9-2 and make the playoffs. They are true bandwagoners not fans.

Yeah Ronbo I guess I am a turncoat because I can tell it the way I see it. I drove all the way to Eugene because I am going to turn my back on this team. I am NoIowasucks on Egriz go ahead and find a post of me calling for BH's head. If we go 9-2 I will have backed this team the whole season just like if we go 2-9.

89rabbit
September 18th, 2005, 12:29 AM
I originally posted this over on the smack board but it works here just as well.

Rabbit3467,

Don't worry about some of the Griz posters, they live in the fantasy land where they think the Big Sky is head and shoulders better then the Great West (even though last season we beat them in head to head match ups). They don't let the facts/scores get in the way of their delusions. Take today for instance.

Montana 7 - SDSU 0

This has to be the result of Montana being inept. It can't be because two teams slugged it out for 60 min. After all the Big Sky is better and SDSU is not good.

Cal-Poly 38 - Montana St. 10 (last I checked)

Cal-Poly has a hex on Montana St. Mind you this is the same Cal-Poly that SDSU lost to last year 14-7 at their place on a punt returned for a TD. Still the Big Sky is better and SDSU is not good.

NDSU 40 - Weber St. 0

Well NDSU is a good team because they beat the Griz a few years ago. Of course this is the same NDSU that SDSU beat last season. Still the Big Sky is better and SDSU is not good.

:splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat:

P.S. Since I posted the original UC-Davis (also of the Great West) beat Stanford. Still the Big Sky is better and SDSU is not good. :rolleyes:

AggiePride
September 18th, 2005, 12:30 AM
You know what's funny Aggie? Your first losing season in 30 something years. Welcome to I-AA. :D Maybe you guys should just skip right on up right away as FIU and FAU never won much in I-AA either and just gave up and moved on.

Either way, any Aggie fan will still have more class than you, #$%hole. :rolleyes:

putter
September 18th, 2005, 03:51 PM
You know what Ronbo? I have been behind Washington the whole time, go read my posts. After 3 games he has shown me that he is very athletic and is talented. I watched him yesterday and he waits way too long to throw the ball and he throws to a spot and does not lead the receiver. Most of his % of completions are swing passes adn not down field. How many times did Talmage (who is 6' 4') have to high jump to catch a ball over the middle. I am not a bandwagon fan so shut up. Next game, watch his feet, he is not set and comfortable back there so how can he throw a good ball? I hope like hell he does and has a year like Murietta and I will admit that I was premature. I don't care that the score was 7-0 -- and SDSU was a good team with a quick discliplined defense, I give them credit but my bitch was that we didn't move the ball even into field goal position, for 2 straight games.

TulsaBobcat
September 18th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Ronbo said

Penis Envy... really :rolleyes:

One thing you will quickly learn about Griz fans is that when they cannot make a valid argument, they simply say that you have Griz (penis) Envy. It gets pretty old, and they think it is so creative when they say it.

89rabbit
September 18th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Highlights from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader story about yesterday's game:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050918/SPORTS0202/509180329/1002/SPORTS

Jacks struggle offensively against No. 4 Montana
CHRIS SOLARI
[email protected]

Published: 09/18/05

MISSOULA, Mont. - Goliath prevailed this time, but the South Dakota State Jackrabbits were oh so close to playing David.

A busted trick play, an illegal forward pass and two incomplete passes spoiled SDSU's one chance to score against fourth-ranked Montana on Saturday. Instead, the Grizzlies held on to nip the Jacks 7-0.

Montana's Lex Hilliard ran for 128 yards and the game's lone touchdown.

SDSU, now 2-1 on the season, struggled on offense in the sloppy, rainy afternoon, getting just 28 net yards rushing while being outgained 300-108. Still, they had a chance to at least tie the game while putting a major scare into the Grizzlies (2-1). . . . (read more)

VictorG
September 18th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Maybe, just maybe SDSU has a pretty good football team. Have some of you ever stopped to consider that might be the reason the game was so close. :doh: :mad: :splat: :mad:

Nope!!!!!

Just kidding! I will say they did play a very good game yesterday. My hats off to them and good luck the rest of the year.

Now, about the Griz.........we are doing and experiencing the same problems which we did last year. It's just that most of our fans have VERY short memories and can't remember it. I think if you asked most fans they would say that the Griz only lost the NC game, and averaged 60 points a game for the whole season last year! At least that's what I get from reading all the bitching which is going on in grizzly land.

I was talking to a bunch of Griz fans yesterday who where working themselves up into a feeding frenzy about our QB and how terrible he is and how we're never going to win and how it's all the coaches fault and on and on and on. Finally, I could stand no more of this crap and made a few statements about field position and how our QB has done some good things and gave very specific examples. Soon I left them all scratching their heads and repeating what I had told them to others. Perfect example of how some fans just repeat what they hear with no real idea what they are talking about!

Not that I have any special claim to knowing what I'm talking about but I at least have a memory! The Griz are following the same story line as last year.......

griz37
September 18th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Not that I have any special claim to knowing what I'm talking about but I at least have a memory! The Griz are following the same story line as last year.......

One major difference Victor. Last year we had a special little player named Craig Ochs wearing #7. I hope like hell you are right but we are missing a lot of weapons on offense from last year. Of course this year our D is amazing.

89rabbit
September 18th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Another story from Chris Solari of the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050918/SPORTS0202/509180328/1002

Scholarships a hefty advantage
CHRIS SOLARI
[email protected]

MISSOULA, Mont. - Of all the advantages the Montana Grizzlies football team has over South Dakota State - from a high-tech stadium with 23,000 rabid fans to a statewide TV broadcast of their games - the most important isn't visible to the eye.

Unless you're a player looking at your tuition bill.

The Grizzlies offer 63 scholarships, the maximum number allowed in Division I-AA football. SDSU, at 42 and a fraction this season, is slowly building toward 63 after leaving Division II and its rule of 36.

A team's scholarship number has a huge effect on team depth and talented skill players. And it can also affect a team off the field by limiting a school's access to big-money games against larger universities.

SDSU finds itself behind regional rival North Dakota State in football scholarships. NDSU, starting its second year in I-AA just like SDSU, upped its scholarships to 63 this fall and was ranked No. 12 in the nation before this weekend.

The Jacks plan to reach 63 scholarships in 2008 when they are first eligible for the I-AA playoffs. . . . (read more)

VictorG
September 18th, 2005, 06:42 PM
One major difference Victor. Last year we had a special little player named Craig Ochs wearing #7. I hope like hell you are right but we are missing a lot of weapons on offense from last year. Of course this year our D is amazing.

Defense will win a lot of games...........As I've said many times before I truely believe that this years Griz team does NOT need a Craig Ochs at QB. What we need is another John Edwards type, someone who isn't necessarily outstanding, but who is solid in his play, consistant and doesn't make mistakes (turnovers). We won a whole bunch of "ugly" games with edwards including a NC game.

Anyone here remember what the hardest pass used to be for John Edwards to complete? IMO it was to a wide open back coming out of the backfield. I don't know how many balls ended up in the ground 3 feet from the back! Edwards was finaly able to get over that "little" problem, and I think JW will improve as well.

Down with the Foe!
September 19th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Good point Victor:

Does the phrase "What have you done for me lately?" ring true or what...

Spoiled Griz fans.

NoCoDanny
September 19th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Another story from Chris Solari of the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050918/SPORTS0202/509180328/1002

Scholarships a hefty advantage
CHRIS SOLARI
[email protected]

MISSOULA, Mont. - Of all the advantages the Montana Grizzlies football team has over South Dakota State - from a high-tech stadium with 23,000 rabid fans to a statewide TV broadcast of their games - the most important isn't visible to the eye.

Unless you're a player looking at your tuition bill.

The Grizzlies offer 63 scholarships, the maximum number allowed in Division I-AA football. SDSU, at 42 and a fraction this season, is slowly building toward 63 after leaving Division II and its rule of 36.

A team's scholarship number has a huge effect on team depth and talented skill players. And it can also affect a team off the field by limiting a school's access to big-money games against larger universities.

SDSU finds itself behind regional rival North Dakota State in football scholarships. NDSU, starting its second year in I-AA just like SDSU, upped its scholarships to 63 this fall and was ranked No. 12 in the nation before this weekend.

The Jacks plan to reach 63 scholarships in 2008 when they are first eligible for the I-AA playoffs. . . . (read more)

Ralph is quoted in that article, what a pimp!

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
September 19th, 2005, 11:09 AM
One major difference Victor. Last year we had a special little player named Craig Ochs wearing #7.

You know I love ya, NoIowa, but I think here your memory might be a little short... until the middle of last season, Ochs was mediocre. Yeah, fzck it, I said it! He was hesitant and couldn't throw the long ball. Remember Sam Houston State in Huntsville and EWU in Cheney last year (the two that stand out in my head)? He really only became awesome towards the end of the season. Sorry, man, but it is what it is.

I'm not trying to sing Washington's praises or anything, because I haven't seen him play. And I dunno if he's gonna turn it around, but right now I'll venture to say he's at least as good as Ochs was when Craig was new to the system too.

griz37
September 19th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Wheredoitypemyusername:
I am not trying to say JW sucks or that the Griz are falling apart. I was just trying to point out that all of Ronbo's excuses for why the Griz only scored 7 points were pretty lame. Our offense is struggling mightily right now. It is hopefully something that can be totally be righted just like it was last year and I hope like hell it is. But to compare JW to Craig Ochs at any point in last season is totally off base, Craigh was light years better, no doubt in my mind. Anyways it looks like JW is Haucks man to lease us back to the playoffs so if we agree w/his ability or not we all better support him.

grizbeer
September 19th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Let me clear up all the confusion regarding Montana's less than inspiring offense so far this year - it isn't Washington's fault, and it isn't the O-Line, the play calling, or even the level of defense they are going up against - the problem, and I take full responsibility for it, is that I changed my routine and have stayed inside the stadium at 1/2 time for all the Griz games so far (yes including Oregon).

I did that to honor the administrations request to have people in the seats during 1/2 time and at the start of the 3rd quarter, but I think it is time for this little experiment to end. I gave it a shot, but the results are not what we wanted, so it is time to go back to what has worked in the past.

I'm going to use this off-weekend to tune-up and revamp my tailgating skills. We are going to 2 a days on the 12oz curls this weekend (both arms), and work the grill so hard it screams no mas. We're re-working the menus, and although we are focusing on the basics, we might even throw in a few specials with the deep fryer.

Don't worry boys, we know what the problem is and we are making changes to get things fixed for homecoming no matter how much ice and propane it takes.

griz37
September 19th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Let me clear up all the confusion regarding Montana's less than inspiring offense so far this year - it isn't Washington's fault, and it isn't the O-Line, the play calling, or even the level of defense they are going up against - the problem, and I take full responsibility for it, is that I changed my routine and have stayed inside the stadium at 1/2 time for all the Griz games so far (yes including Oregon).

I did that to honor the administrations request to have people in the seats during 1/2 time and at the start of the 3rd quarter, but I think it is time for this little experiment to end. I gave it a shot, but the results are not what we wanted, so it is time to go back to what has worked in the past.

I'm going to use this off-weekend to tune-up and revamp my tailgating skills. We are going to 2 a days on the 12oz curls this weekend (both arms), and work the grill so hard it screams no mas. We're re-working the menus, and although we are focusing on the basics, we might even throw in a few specials with the deep fryer.

Don't worry boys, we know what the problem is and we are making changes to get things fixed for homecoming no matter how much ice and propane it takes.

Your willingness to take one for the team is admirable. Thanks Griznbeer

putter
September 19th, 2005, 12:59 PM
How can you have a name like Grizbeer and not have a few at halftime? :D They need your full intoxicated state to play at your best. Pre-season is over, on to conference play!!! :nod:

GrizFoo
September 19th, 2005, 02:07 PM
A few things about the Griz. We have a bunch of average WR's, without a lot of speed. In addition to them being average, they are inexperienced. That doesn't add up well. They will get experience and a couple will turn out to be pretty good WR's, but we dont' have a stud WR on the team, other than Talmage, and he isn't going to get far after the catch. People assume we have great WR all they want, and throw around names, but thus far they are average at best.

To add to that, we have a new, average QB, and a QB sitting behind him who will not be given a shot to prove whether he is above average or not.
Then we have some very suspect playcalling. Quick screens to slow guys. Shuddle passes like they are going out of style and we need to get them in while we can. A running game that has 2 good RB's who are forced to make a play to get any yards because they have them running side to side, instead of between the tackles. We are lucky to have Lex, without him or Waller, any average RB would be having serious trouble.

Oline are pass blockers, and pretty good at it, though need improvement. They are not drive blockers, and drive blocking isn't even worked on technique wise I would bet.

The coaches recruited these guys, they knew the cupboards were going to be bare, but were cocky enough to believe all this inexperience would actually get us somewhere on O. Or maybe they just want to settle for a down year on O.

Either way we don't recruit true WR types enough, and end up relying on fall over from other positions like RB. And guys with speed either get stuffed on the bench or on the D. Some get labeled as not being able to learn the O enough to play (LV at one point, that was the excuse why he wasn't playing more) I don't think we have a WR who could out run half of our LB or DE corps this year.

So the O has problems, even if the WR start catching, and JW starts finding guys, and if they start calling a decent game. If all this goes right we are in decent shape, but still average at QB and WR, IMO. Untill I see otherwise I can't say we have anyone at QB or WR who is above average other than Talmage.

GrizFoo
September 19th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Now as far as the GWFC not feeling respected, that is just how it is. The Big Sky has felt the same way at times, as has probably every other conference in I-AA. Get used to it.

SDSU may be a better team than they are given credit for by some Griz fans. They did have something to do with the close game, they do play good football. Our coach talked them up quite a bit, and said numerous times he likes the way they play. But that same coach acted as if our O was right where it should be too.
But if you watch closely, the Griz O had nothing, and just continually shot itself in the foot. Now, had the O played well, and the score was the same, then prop for SDSU would have been more abundant. But as it is, we are more concerned with our O than what your D did to our O. The SDSU O had opportunities too, and made mistakes, but our D did a lot to your O, and the stats show it. Still, I give props to SDSU, they are a good team, in a sea of good I-AA teams.

Cal Poly has had MSU's number for years, and have been a powerhouse lately. NDSU has shown they can play with the big boys. UC Davis proved a lot with a win over Stanford. UNC is a quality team, SDSU is a quality team. SUU, I'm not sure about. We all know the GWFC has good teams, but so does the BSC, A10, Southland, etc. But don't expect fans from other conferences to be all giddy about how good the GWFC, especially this early in the season. And don't hold your breath looking for validation everytime a team from your conference does something good, there are plenty of teams doing good things who don't get the respect they think they deserve.

Kid Dakota
September 19th, 2005, 09:45 PM
I say that the Grizzlies have a good team and great defense and they beat SDSU straight up. But there are those in South Dakota that wonder about our offensive coaching also. We don't use our running backs enough in my opinion.

But that game is over and now it is on to Cal-Poly this should be a big game another top defense to face. If we can keep the turnovers down and we are at home, we should pull this one out.