PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina/Cincinnati

blur2005
September 17th, 2005, 09:11 PM
What's up?

thirdgendin
September 17th, 2005, 09:14 PM
WCU is down 7-3, 4th and 24 on its own 27 with 38 seconds remaining.

CatamountBK
September 17th, 2005, 09:14 PM
its over 7-3. WCU's offense just gave up good opportunities to score in Cincy's red zone. Great defense though.

GaSouthern
September 17th, 2005, 09:28 PM
WCU and Appy in a run for the SoCon Title this year!

Mr. C
September 17th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Right now, it looks like the battle for the old mountain jug could have some huge implications. ASU and WCU are playing the best football in the conference right now. Two great defenses, though you have to probably give ASU an edge on offense. The Mountaineers had 582 yards of offense today (also a school-record 183 yards on 17 penalties). I'd like to see what the Catamounts could do with that freshman QB in there instead of Justin Clark.

dungeonjoe
September 17th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Right now, it looks like the battle for the old mountain jug could have some huge implications. ASU and WCU are playing the best football in the conference right now. Two great defenses, though you have to probably give ASU an edge on offense. The Mountaineers had 582 yards of offense today (also a school-record 183 yards on 17 penalties). I'd like to see what the Catamounts could do with that freshman QB in there instead of Justin Clark.

looks wide open--ASU and Western as you mention plus Furman, Chattanooga and Wofford, and I would not count out GSU yet (despite the moaning of the eagle faithful)

colonelblitz
September 17th, 2005, 11:01 PM
I've seen both ASU and the Catamounts play, WCU is the better team. Just don't turn the ball over.

catamount man
September 18th, 2005, 07:17 AM
What a freaking game! Still cannot believe it. WAY too many missed opportunities, even had a TD called back for a holding call. I'm still proud as hell. Speaks volumes more about us than it does I-A Cincinnati. I'm sure there fans were very restless. Oh well, we're 2-1, and we have to go play Nicholls State next week. Let's win that one, get 3-1, and then get back in SoCon play. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

DotCat
September 18th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Missed opportunities on offense is an understatement. Our defens played one heck of a game, but 3 INT's will do you in. We were able to move the ball, but we've got to be able to put it in the house. A few mental errors on our part took that TD off the board. Early missed field goal also wasn't great. I just wish we had an effective QB, Justin Clark just doesn't do it for me. With all of that said, I too am proud of our teams effort and way to go defense. Nicholls State better be ready, because the Catamounts will be ready to play next Saturday.

catamount man
September 18th, 2005, 08:02 AM
NSU is gonna be ready for us, but we can do it down there. Got to get focused on them-TODAY! We'll be wearing purple as well, because NSU is wearing white jerseys at home this year. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

DotCat
September 18th, 2005, 08:26 AM
because NSU is wearing white jerseys at home this year.

Sounds like an old Citadel mind game. Maybe we should hit them will all "Purple Power".

blueballs
September 18th, 2005, 10:34 AM
looks wide open--ASU and Western as you mention plus Furman, Chattanooga and Wofford, and I would not count out GSU yet (despite the moaning of the eagle faithful)

Have you seen GSU play? Trust me, the only similarity between this and the great eagle program you've all known and hated is the uniforms.