PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State 42 Liberty 0

FlyYtown
September 17th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Zetts throws 4 touchdown passes; ties YSU record (7 other Penguins have reached that mark, the last was Jeff Ryan in 2000)

Youngstown State (3-0) rolls into Pittsburgh (0-3) next week at Heinz Field. About 5,000 YSU fans if not more will make the trip... Predictions this week.

GO Penguins; now does this convince everyone that we are TOP 25? We blew them out for you.

FlyYtown

FlyYtown
September 17th, 2005, 09:04 PM
IN 3 GAMES

YSU Has outscored opponents 121-30

OFFENSE IS UNSTOPPABLE
DEFENSE DOING ITS JOB
PUNTER IS AS GOOD AS NFL PUNTERS

Only worry point is Kicker and even today he hit 6 PAT's

ChickenMan
September 17th, 2005, 10:03 PM
GO Penguins; now does this convince everyone that we are TOP 25? We blew them out for you.

For your info... Villanova 38 N'eastern 13... in the 4th

Slippery Rock ... N'eastern and Liberty are hardly killers row... ;)

IaaScribe
September 17th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Just got back from covering this game.

YSU's passing game was surprisingly effective. Zetts hadn't completed a pass longer than 23 yards all year, but he completes three TDs longer than that tonight.

Liberty flat stinks. I was waiting until I saw them play against a I-AA team before I made that assessment, but there it us. They suck. Badly. They have scored 17 points in three games, all in the second half against a DII team.

I think Pitt will beat YSU next week, though it'll be tight. Pitt by 14 or so. Liberty did move the ball tonight. It just couldn't score. That sort of bend-don't-break D won't work against a I-A.

YSU fans should be encouraged by the fact that the passing game stepped up big when the run game struggled. Very nice showing by Zetts.

blukeys
September 17th, 2005, 11:55 PM
For your info... Villanova 38 N'eastern 13... in the 4th

Slippery Rock ... N'eastern and Liberty are hardly killers row... ;)

GSU who only beat NU in overtime now 1-2. :rolleyes: Villanova dominating NU with a backup QB. ;)

Sly Fox
September 18th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Congrats Penguins. We knew it could get ugly if we didn't play exceptionally well. Obviously we didn't.

Good luck against Pitt.

HarrisburgFlame
September 18th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Hats off to YSU. They came in a took care of business. Good luck vs. Pitt.

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks HF & Sly. Good luck the rest of the season. We came out healthy. Hope you did as well.