PDA

View Full Version : Kidd Brewer Progress???

Homegrown Hillbilly
January 3rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Anyone been through Boone since the season's end? Any Progress? Are we gonna be finished by the start of the 2008 season? xconfusedx

ASUdrummer
January 3rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
I'm going back up in the morning so I'll stop by campus and check it out.

appmountaineer
January 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
I hope its going well, i ready for next season now.

Appinator
January 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
The construction progress on Goasu.com hasn't been updated since November and the last picture of the stadium was posted December 6th. If any students there could post some pictures, that would be awesome.xthumbsupx

Touchdown Yosef
January 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I would rather the additional seats be completed before the box seats are done, has anyone heard the full story on that?

The Moody1
January 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I would rather the additional seats be completed before the box seats are done, has anyone heard the full story on that?

The additional East side seating will be done in time for the '08 season. The box seats/press box facility will be ready by '09.

boonegoon
January 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
The additional East side seating will be done in time for the '08 season. The box seats/press box facility will be ready by '09.

Really? Are the new East side seats concrete or are they going to be metal bleachers like the addition at Western?

WUTNDITWAA
January 4th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I've heard that the press level and possibly the suite levels on the West side facility will be done by the beginning of football season. I don't see it happening, but I'm not sure where the press/operations facilities will be housed with 4,500 seats in the way. xreadx

The Moody1
January 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Really? Are the new East side seats concrete or are they going to be metal bleachers like the addition at Western?

Due to cost and time concerns I would think they are going to be metal but I have heard some contradictory information. We will know for sure soon.

ASU_Pads
January 4th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I was at The Mecca last week and the temporary press boxes on the East side (better known as the state side) are gone.

Appaholic69
January 4th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I didn't leave for winter break, had to work, but what I'll do is go on campus tomorrow and upload some pics of what it looks like right now.

Appinator
January 5th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I didn't leave for winter break, had to work, but what I'll do is go on campus tomorrow and upload some pics of what it looks like right now.

Did you ever get some picks?

HighRyder08
January 7th, 2008, 10:35 AM
im heading back to school on thursday..ill try to snap some pics if i dont forget

fjblair
January 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Nothing has happened since they took out the temp press boxes.

HighRyder08
January 7th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Boone construction is absoloutly horrible.....everything takes FOREVER

boonegoon
January 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Everything but those high quality Steeplechase bunkers.

ERASU2113
January 8th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I was at The Mecca last week and the temporary press boxes on the East side (better known as the state side) are gone.

The temp boxes were gone before the NC.

I don't work tomorrow, so I'll go by and take some snapshots of KBS when I get up. I'll try to post them in the afternoon.

The seats and most of the complex should be done before the next season.

ERASU2113
January 8th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Yea especially on campus. However, there some things are getting built rather quickly. Ex. the new cafeteria.

That's a rarity for Boone, especially campus.

asu7
January 9th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Yea especially on campus. However, there some things are getting built rather quickly. Ex. the new cafeteria.

That's a rarity for Boone, especially campus.

Even tho I am an alum ... We will have to go back and eat and that place ... it is going to be awesome I do believe ...

back2back
January 9th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I was in Winston Salem yesterday and if they could get the guys working at BB&T field to come to Boone they could be done by August. It is amazing how much they have got done on their new facility.

KiddBrewer
January 9th, 2008, 09:37 PM
who plays at BB&T field?

JMU-MRD-DAD
January 9th, 2008, 10:29 PM
who plays at BB&T field?

Groves Stadium - Wake Forest.....the name was changed recently....

Appinator
January 10th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Goasu.com updated their pictures today with 3 of the stadium progress, 3 of the baseball progress, and 2 of the inside of varsity gym. All of the KBS pictures are directed at the home side where the new boxes will be, and none for the visitor’s side where there will be expansion. From what I can see, there hasn't been much done since I was there at the Richmond game.

If anyone has a chance to get some pictures of the away side and the endzones if they have started to remove the old scoreboard, that would be great.

Appinator
January 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Goasu.com updated their construction progress again yesterday it looks like, with 2 new pictures. The one that peaked my interest is the first shot. It seems to be the road in between the Quinn and the "away" side is being moved back towards the Quinn.

I was unsure of how they planned on doing the expansion for that side, as they could have just built up the hill that runs along the road. I will be interesting to see future renderings of what this side will look like.

WVAPPmountaineer
January 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Appinator - regarding the picture you posted - I heard David Jackson say in his daily report yesterday that a sewer line had to be moved behind the East stands before the construction could start - that is what this picture looks to be ---

Grizaholic17
January 16th, 2008, 05:04 PM

That phrase has already been coined by a certain landmark in the FCS already...sorry.

appstate38
January 16th, 2008, 07:46 PM
That phrase has already been coined by a certain landmark in the FCS already...sorry.

When you win 3 straight you can have it back!xthumbsupx

ApPlan
January 16th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Goasu.com updated their construction progress again yesterday it looks like, with 2 new pictures. The one that peaked my interest is the first shot. It seems to be the road in between the Quinn and the "away" side is being moved back towards the Quinn.

I was unsure of how they planned on doing the expansion for that side, as they could have just built up the hill that runs along the road. I will be interesting to see future renderings of what this side will look like.

There is a parking lot between the east side stands, and stadium drive. It looks as if they are just staging the work from this parking lot, but it would be the area I would imagine some of the supports would be placed in. There is quite a bit of room between the back of the existing stands and this parking lot though, so who knows how they'll do it.

appsfan
January 16th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I had read an article in the Watauga Democrat online several weeks ago where the University was asking for city approval to move the sewer line from the parking lot. They were asking permission to move the line away from the East Side parking lot and place it under Stadium Drive. The article said that this needed to be done before any expansion could be done on that side. I recall seeing where it was OK'd.

I was in Boone Saturday but couldn't get by KBS until after dark to check things out. What I saw was the same as the picture above. It looked to me that the parking lot was a staging area for new pipe, etc for the new line.

Appinator
January 16th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I had read an article in the Watauga Democrat online several weeks ago where the University was asking for city approval to move the sewer line from the parking lot. They were asking permission to move the line away from the East Side parking lot and place it under Stadium Drive. The article said that this needed to be done before any expansion could be done on that side. I recall seeing where it was OK'd.

I was in Boone Saturday but couldn't get by KBS until after dark to check things out. What I saw was the same as the picture above. It looked to me that the parking lot was a staging area for new pipe, etc for the new line.

That makes sense. I just hope all of this site preparation isn't for the metal seating that some have mentioned on here.

boonegoon
January 17th, 2008, 08:12 AM
That makes sense. I just hope all of this site preparation isn't for the metal seating that some have mentioned on here.

I absolutely agree. I can't imagine with all the facelift work on the new entrance that they would do that. Since this new seating area is right next to it.

Homegrown Hillbilly
January 17th, 2008, 10:43 AM
[/B]

I absolutely agree. I can't imagine with all the facelift work on the new entrance that they would do that. Since this new seating area is right next to it.

I tend to agree. I don't think that they would cut corners and put in metal bleachers when they are already spending millions.

Anywho, I passed through the promised land on Tuesday, and aside from the picture already posted above, I couldn't notice anything big happening. I understand Boone weather as well as the next fella but I am starting to get a little anxious. xwhistlex

Appinator
January 17th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Nice Article in The Appalachian today about the stadium expansion:

http://theapp.appstate.edu/content/view/3110/1/

It gives pretty good details of what has been going on. Renderings of the addition look to be done around the end of the month, but it is good that they are getting a head start by preparing the site for expansion.

I am not too surprised to see that the boxes will not be finished by the begining of the season, looks like another year of construction.

Homegrown Hillbilly
January 17th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Good article. Thanks buddy.

ERASU2113
January 17th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Nice Article in The Appalachian today about the stadium expansion:

http://theapp.appstate.edu/content/view/3110/1/

It gives pretty good details of what has been going on. Renderings of the addition look to be done around the end of the month, but it is good that they are getting a head start by preparing the site for expansion.

I am not too surprised to see that the boxes will not be finished by the begining of the season, looks like another year of construction.

Not to toot our own horn but someone from the sports desk most likely would have done the story but we had plenty of coverage of the national championship.

It isn't the first time the news desk at The App had to jump and grab some sports coverage from us :D

appsfan
January 17th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the link- it clears things up.