PDA

View Full Version : Your OVC leading..

arkstfan
September 17th, 2005, 03:24 PM
UT-Martin defeats Tenn State 42-20 to take sole possesion of first place in the OVC race until next week when others start league play. The Skyhawks will hold a share of first at least another week because next week they play Gardner-Webb in non-conference action.

Golden Eagle
September 18th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Hell just froze over.

Ah well, enjoy it while it lasts, Martin fans.

JSU02
September 18th, 2005, 09:54 AM
I, for one, am very happy for UTM. I think they will win a couple OVC games this year. The score did make we wonder, has UTM improved that much, or has TSU gotten that much worse? Prolly a little of both.

arkstfan
September 18th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I saw them when they played Arkansas State.

They are much better physically than when I saw them two years ago but they were pretty undisciplined and utterly lost composure as the game went on.

I listened to their game against Central Arkansas and they had great poise on their game winning drive even though UCA lit them up on a 50 something second drive that set-up a potential winning FG.

Thumper250
September 18th, 2005, 01:13 PM
That win by UTM Saturday definitely got the attention of the Bulldogs up in Boiling Springs, NC. Wow. Good job.

I'm a little worried to be honest.

Skyhawk
September 18th, 2005, 10:26 PM
There's no doubt that this is the most talented UT Martin team in over a decade. I still didn't know if anyone could overcome the losing culture that has engulfed the program for so many years. But Matt Griffin looks like he is close to building a very competitive program.