PDA

View Full Version : Source: FAMU set to hire Hampton's Taylor as football coach

bluedog
December 29th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Hampton head football coach Joe Taylor has accepted an offer from Florida A&M President James Ammons to become the school's next head football coach, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The source said Taylor and his wife are expected to fly down to Tallahassee on Monday for an official announcement.

Taylor already had an offer on the table from Western Carolina and was supposed to give the school the decision about that offer today.

Read the story (http://www.rattlernews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071229/FAMU03/712290336/1009/FAMU)

smallcollegefbfan
December 29th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Wow! I am starting to really feel for the Catamount faithful. I was told an Air Force assistant was offered the job a few weeks back and he declined it. Who is next guy they want?

catamount man
December 29th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Wow! I am starting to really feel for the Catamount faithful. I was told an Air Force assistant was offered the job a few weeks back and he declined it. Who is next guy they want?

Which assistant was it?

slostang
December 29th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Good news for Florida A&M. Bad news for Western Carolina and Hampton.

bluedog
December 29th, 2007, 07:58 PM
REPORT: HU football coach Joe Taylor headed to Florida A&M (http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-hutaylor1229,0,6135052.story?coll=hr_tab02_layout)

Joe Taylor is leaving his position as head football coach at Hampton University to become the coach at Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference rival Florida A&M, Tallahassee.com reported Saturday afternoon.

Taylor will be introduced as the Rattlers' new coach at a Monday press conference, according to the story. Taylor could not be reached for comment.

HU athletic director Lonza Hardy said that Florida A&M contacted him last week and expressed interest in Taylor. Hardy added that Taylor has not contacted him about accepting the FAMU job or to say that he would be interviewing for it

Big Dawg
December 29th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Great...now he better win in the playoffs...hell, we better win the MEAC