PDA

View Full Version : Deriso: Grambling vs Montana Still Possible

TexasTerror
December 29th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Excerpt from Nick Deriso and his blog. Seems that there are questions about the Grambling-Nevada date (see the rest of the blog at the link below) as BYU is expecting the Wolfpack in Provo this year. Grambling has a few open dates left -- any word on whom they are planning to schedule?

What's the latest on Montana's front? They didn't fill this date, did they? Is San Diego available? ;)
---------------
That would leave Grambling with open dates on Sept. 13, 20 and 27, Oct. 25 and Nov. 22, 2008, to use as slots for Jackson or other potential opponents.

Alton's Bayside Promotions -- sponsors of the Las Vegas All-American Classic, which over the years has invited several GSU products, including fullback Ruben Mayes -- is reportedly still trying to match up Montana.

He's said the ideal opponent for would be an historically black college program from the South, specifically mentioning Southern, Florida A&M and Jackson State, among others. A deal with Grambling is on hold, but not out of the question for the future.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/news/blogs/blog3/2007/12/dating-game.html

grizband
December 29th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Here is the Griz 2008 schedule:

9/6 @Cal Poly
9/13 Southern Utah
9/20 UC Davis
9/27 Central Washington
10/04 @ WSU
10/11 @EWU
10/18 Sac St.
10/25 @ UNC
11/01 NAU
11/08 @PSU
11/15 ISU
11/22 MSU

With 12 games already scheduled, one game would need to be dropped - I see Central Washington as the most likely candidate; however, UM administration wouldn't give up a home game unless guaranteed money were available.

uofmman1122
December 30th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I had an e-mail conversation with NDSU's AD about the possibility of a Montana - NDSU game on 9/27, and he said it was nearly impossible, since UM probably already has a contract with Central Washington, and it would be a hefty fine if they backed out now. I suspect it would be the same with Grambling, though a game like that would be pretty awesome to see.

UNHWildCats
December 30th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I had an e-mail conversation with NDSU's AD about the possibility of a Montana - NDSU game on 9/27, and he said it was nearly impossible, since UM probably already has a contract with Central Washington, and it would be a hefty fine if they backed out now. I suspect it would be the same with Grambling, though a game like that would be pretty awesome to see.

If something came up and Montana had a chance to add a good game, im sure a deal could be worked out with Central Washington to push the game back to 2009.

GOKATS
December 30th, 2007, 07:20 PM
If something came up and Montana had a chance to add a good game, im sure a deal could be worked out with Central Washington to push the game back to 2009.

The griz are scheduled with 7 games at home and 5 on the road (four road games are conference)- I don't see that changing.

Eight Legger
December 30th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Are any of those Montana games vs. FBS teams? I assume PSU is Portland State and not Penn State...what about WSU or UNC? Probably another undefeated year and a seed for Montana, I assume...

nwFL Griz
December 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Are any of those Montana games vs. FBS teams? I assume PSU is Portland State and not Penn State...what about WSU or UNC? Probably another undefeated year and a seed for Montana, I assume...

No, no FBS teams in there. WSU is Weber St, and UNC is Northern Colorado. I would be greatly surprised if they ran the table next year. I expect EWU will win the Big Sky, and hoping the Griz will make the playoffs.

nevadagriz
December 31st, 2007, 05:43 PM
Are you crazy I do not think the griz will beat Poly, ewu and psu all on the road next year! Next year the griz just might miss the playoffs (not that many agsers will be sad) making the playoffs next year will be a huge accomplishment in my eyes!
Back to the topic at hand I would love to see the Griz play Grambling in vegas next year! Otherwise I will go to Reno sit with the Grambling fans in all my Griz gear and cheer the "ICON" on to victory! I hate the wolfpackxmadx

Ronbo
January 1st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Don't let these guys sandbag you. We have 8 starters back on Offense including 4 of 5 on the O-Line. We lose some good players on Defense and the Defense won't be as good but the backups are all experienced as we rotate 2 deep all year long and the 2nd stringers should step right in. EWU will be voted by the Coaches to win the Big Sky but we'll be in the hunt.xthumbsupx We'll probably be picked to finish 2nd.