PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 2007 Play of the Year

asu3peat
December 22nd, 2007, 02:01 PM
They will announce the winner on Jan. 7th. Please go vote!

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=collegefbtopplays

If this link doesn't work, go to espn.com and search Americas vote.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM
I voted for you guys! But notice what it says!!!

"Appalachian State Shocks the World
Date: September 1
Game: Appalachian State at Michigan
Situation: :06 left in the fourth quarter, Appalachain State leading 34-32
Jason Gingell's 37-yard game-winning field goal attempt was blocked, resulting in a massive 34-32 upset. The win was the first time a ranked Division I team had lost to a Division II team."

What the?

08Dawg
December 22nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Shock...once again the world pays no attention to anything other than FBS D-1A football.

HaveFunKc
December 22nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Welcome to E$PN. The disrepect continues... xsmhx

Eyes of Old Main
December 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
I voted for the Yosefians.

lizrdgizrd
December 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
won't let me vote. :(

Mountain Panther
December 23rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Although I voted for App, I think this one takes it....

Laterals GaloreDate: October 27
Game: Division III: Trinity vs. Millsaps
Situation: Final kickoff
Trinity has a 15-lateral play to win the game at the end of regulation. Several Millsaps defenders stopped on the play's final lateral, thinking the game was over, but the 61-yard (overall) stood. The play took more than a minute to complete, leaving researchers wondering if it was the longest in college football history.

lizrdgizrd
December 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Although I voted for App, I think this one takes it....

Trinity has a 15-lateral play to win the game at the end of regulation. Several Millsaps defenders stopped on the play's final lateral, thinking the game was over, but the 61-yard (overall) stood. The play took more than a minute to complete, leaving researchers wondering if it was the longest in college football history.
That's the only one I will accept if it beats us. An incredible play even if it meant nothing in the greater scheme of football. xnodx

Bettina90
December 23rd, 2007, 10:28 PM
Why do you want people to vote for this play when ASU fans freely admit (in the other thread) that this was not the biggest win by the team this year? It did nothing to help "get you a ring" so why should it matter so much Nationally? I would vote for Stanford's last second TD (if it's nominated), considering it altered the landscape more dramatically.

flyenhigh
December 23rd, 2007, 10:41 PM

My pick.

APPALACHIANstate
December 23rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Why do you want people to vote for this play when ASU fans freely admit (in the other thread) that this was not the biggest win by the team this year? It did nothing to help "get you a ring" so why should it matter so much Nationally? I would vote for Stanford's last second TD (if it's nominated), considering it altered the landscape more dramatically.

Maybe the $100,000 scholarship....derr

patssle
December 23rd, 2007, 10:59 PM
Why do you want people to vote for this play when ASU fans freely admit (in the other thread) that this was not the biggest win by the team this year?

Because this is "Play of the Year" not "Win of the Year"

Mountaineer#96
December 23rd, 2007, 11:30 PM

Well the Stanford play didn't make the final four. Everyone wants you to vote for the FCS team. This play opened up the AP Division I polls to FCS teams remember....xrulesx..... Quit your constant and predictable b*tchin about ASU it is old.

Bettina90
December 24th, 2007, 12:12 AM
This play opened up the AP Division I polls to FCS teams remember....xrulesx..... Quit your constant and predictable b*tchin about ASU it is old.

I would think the easiest way to open up those polls you want to open is to go play FBS, If that's your ultimate goal.

Bettina90
December 24th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Well the Stanford play didn't make the final four. Everyone wants you to vote for the FCS team. This play opened up the AP Division I polls to FCS teams remember....xrulesx..... Quit your constant and predictable b*tchin about ASU it is old.

It's funny, I don't see D-II teams crying to be voted on at FCS/I-AA, I don't see Mt. Union/Wisky Whitewater asking to be voted D-II National Champion. You pick your designation and go from there. Why does it matter? You are always free to move up and compete, just ask NDSU.

GreatAppSt
December 24th, 2007, 12:57 AM
What's really funny is if you had been around in Aug Sept you would know the answer but since your a bandwagon fan you're left with no clue.xlolx

asu3peat
December 24th, 2007, 08:06 AM

Altered the landscape??? Have you been paying attention? After our win it opened up AP polls to allow FCS teams to be voted into the top 25. That's not altering the landscape??? Not to mention we were the first FCS team to beat a ranked FBS team. That loss also gave the biggest drop an FBS team has ever taken in the polls, top 5 to not ranked. What else would you like a team to do to "alter the landscape"? You are right about one thing, it was not our biggest win (see NC) or our biggest play (ask JMU). However it is the only play they have listed for App, that's why I want you to vote. Thanks for the inquiry!

lizrdgizrd
December 24th, 2007, 08:37 AM
If you don't want to vote for App, don't. If they'd nominated one of AE's runs through the sieve you called a defense we'd be asking you to vote for that instead. xpeacex

bench
December 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM
It's funny, I don't see D-II teams crying to be voted on at FCS/I-AA, I don't see Mt. Union/Wisky Whitewater asking to be voted D-II National Champion. You pick your designation and go from there. Why does it matter? You are always free to move up and compete, just ask NDSU.

AAAGH QUIT POSTING YOU'RE GIVING ME EYE CANCER

The Moody1
December 24th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I would think....

That is a great idea. Why don't you try it?

Mountaineer#96
December 24th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I would think the easiest way to open up those polls you want to open is to go play FBS, If that's your ultimate goal.
xeyebrowx
For a self proclaimed lawyer you are not the smartest individual. Why would ASU want to move up right now, we can win true titles in FCS. The win at Michigan changed the rules and also REALLY opened the eyes of the BCS worshiping public to the FCS. What WE bring to the table as a subdivision is now understood in many people's eyes now so that is why it is a play of the year.

CID1990
December 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I didn't vote because of the "Division II" thing. Piss on ESPN and all the other sports outlets that hardly even know that FCS exists. Screw 'em. I won't even check ESPN for scores on my Blackberry anymore.

Mountaineer#96
December 24th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I didn't vote because of the "Division II" thing. Piss on ESPN and all the other sports outlets that hardly even know that FCS exists. Screw 'em. I won't even check ESPN for scores on my Blackberry anymore.

I really can't blame you there....

ncman071
December 24th, 2007, 05:06 PM
"division II"....wow...i officially HATE ESPN!!! soon they'll start calling us highschool

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 24th, 2007, 08:40 PM
The only plays that deserve consideration are the Trinity play, the Corey Lynch play, and the LSU fake field goal. Why was that stupid UGA celebration even included? It wasn't a play.

I personally think the Trinity play deserves it, but I am going to go with the FCS/SoCon homer vote. Hopefully some Ohio State and Penn State fans will help us out with this one.

igo4uni
December 24th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I voted for App.

Grizalltheway
December 25th, 2007, 12:00 AM
The only plays that deserve consideration are the Trinity play, the Corey Lynch play, and the LSU fake field goal. Why was that stupid UGA celebration even included? It wasn't a play.

I personally think the Trinity play deserves it, but I am going to go with the FCS/SoCon homer vote. Hopefully some Ohio State and Penn State fans will help us out with this one.

Agree, what was the point of that bs? xnutsx