PDA

View Full Version : Hampton gets Tennessee transfer.

Tribe4SF
December 21st, 2007, 05:23 AM
RB LaMarcus Coker, who could not stay out of trouble at UT, will enroll at HU. Joe Taylor has a history of helping troubled kids turn things around, and if LaMarcus wants a positive future, he's made a good decision.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-hucoker,0,1930309.story

813Jag
December 21st, 2007, 06:10 AM
Hopefully he can't turn it around at Hampton, I think he was suspended twice this year.

mcveyrl
December 21st, 2007, 07:28 AM
Wow. This is a great pick-up for Hampton. This guy is a great running back. If anybody can straighten him out, it's Coach Taylor - and my guess is he wouldn't have taken a shot on him if he didn't think it could be done.

UDBlueLotFan
December 21st, 2007, 07:39 AM
Wow. This is a great pick-up for Hampton. This guy is a great running back. If anybody can straighten him out, it's Coach Taylor - and my guess is he wouldn't have taken a shot on him if he didn't think it could be done.

yeah, right xeyebrowx xrolleyesx It's called finishing 4th the MEAC xbawlingx All Coach Taylor did is hit the panic-buttonxnonox

mcveyrl
December 21st, 2007, 07:42 AM
This is where I step out and the Hamptonians step in...

xpopcornx

UDBlueLotFan
December 21st, 2007, 07:47 AM
This is where I step out and the Hamptonians step in...

xpopcornx

Not intended to be smackxcoffeex It's just the truth hurts sometimes xrulesx I should have waited until after XMas though xxmasx :p

Cincy App
December 21st, 2007, 09:34 AM
It will be a major challenge for Hampton's coach to keep LC clean. His name fits. Its also near impossible to be kicked out of UT but Coker managed. Good luck.

Tribe4SF
December 21st, 2007, 11:51 AM
yeah, right xeyebrowx xrolleyesx It's called finishing 4th the MEAC xbawlingx All Coach Taylor did is hit the panic-buttonxnonox

You obviously don't know Joe Taylor very well. The Hampton program produces exceptional young men in a culture of family and faith. If Coker is successful there, he won't be the first. Derius Swinton, the UT Grad. Asst. who referred Coker, is a fine, and typical example of Hampton football alumni.

93henfan
December 21st, 2007, 12:23 PM
Hmmmm. Four failed drug tests showing the reefer. Does he study holistic medicine as well?

Seawolf97
December 21st, 2007, 07:35 PM
Hmmmm. Four failed drug tests showing the reefer. Does he study holistic medicine as well?

Ouch!xoopsx

Monarch History
December 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM
You obviously don't know Joe Taylor very well. The Hampton program produces exceptional young men in a culture of family and faith. If Coker is successful there, he won't be the first. Derius Swinton, the UT Grad. Asst. who referred Coker, is a fine, and typical example of Hampton football alumni.

I totally agree that Joe Taylor is the man to try. Taylor demands respect in his program. I hope Coker takes advantage of this second chance.

jstate83
December 26th, 2007, 11:11 AM
If the coach lay's out the "law" while at the same time let him know that he there for him, he could turn it around.

Comegy did this for Derrick Brook's and other's basically letting them know this was the end of the college sport's line for them.

Brook's was into all kind's of silly crap at Tennessee.
Said he didn't feel like he fit in at Tennessee.
When these people at JSU got hold of him, he became a model student and was made defensive captian this past year.
Whatever clicked in him, he took the 2nd chance and ran with it.

Dude has not even missed a class down here in 2 years. xlolx