PDA

View Full Version : Missed opportunity....

UNI Pike
December 20th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I have to say, as a lover of irony, we have a classic missed opportunity. I wish Michigan would have hired Delaware’s Keeler.

Usually when a BCS raids a FCS school’s coaching staff, they BCS school offers a money game to help “make up” for the for the loss. The opportunity to see DE & Michigan running around the field in each other’s home and away uniforms would have been classic. The only thing that could have made it better would be having John Madden trying to call the game.

And I know that DE’s uniforms are three shades of blue different from UM’s, blah, blah, blah. Don’t ruin it for me. xnonox

ERASU2113
December 20th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I have to say, as a lover of irony, we have a classic missed opportunity. I wish Michigan would have hired Delaware’s Keeler.

Usually when a BCS raids a FCS school’s coaching staff, they BCS school offers a money game to help “make up” for the for the loss. The opportunity to see DE & Michigan running around the field in each other’s home and away uniforms would have been classic. The only thing that could have made it better would be having John Madden trying to call the game.

And I know that DE’s uniforms are three shades of blue different from UM’s, blah, blah, blah. Don’t ruin it for me. xnonox

They are three shades of a different blue so it really wouldn't work xthumbsupx xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

ASUMountaineer
December 21st, 2007, 08:53 AM
I don't think Michigan will be playing any FCS schools any time soon...I think they may be "one and done."

ASU88
December 21st, 2007, 10:09 AM
I don't think Michigan will be playing any FCS schools any time soon...I think they may be "one and done."
And that will lead to never-ending comments from opposing fans about their record against FCS schools being winless. They REALLY can't win now! xlolx

Ud1Hens
December 21st, 2007, 11:58 AM
Although money is a huge determinate...Keeler is probably the highest paid FCS coach and has pretty much everything he needs in Delaware. As well as his daughter being at UD and his son playing high school football in Delaware. He said recently he will have a new contract extension finalized by January.

93henfan
December 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM
Money talks. K.C. said just this week that there are four or five schools he'd jump up to coach. He didn't specify the schools, but if one of them decides to show him the money, he's gone.

In the meantime, he does love coaching at Delaware and I hope he stays a long, long time and becomes Delaware's fourth Hall of Fame coach in a row.

In regards to Keeler's salary, word is that he makes ~$350K per year, but this would be pretty hard to verify unless you have a friend working in Hullihen Hall or the IRS.