PDA

View Full Version : MSU/CP only top 25 I-AA game this week.

slostang
September 15th, 2005, 09:47 PM
11th ranked Montana State travels to California to take on 17th/18th ranked Cal Poly this week in the only meeting between I-AA ranked teams.

Should be a great game matching MSU offense led by Walter Payton finalist QB Travis Lulay against Cal Poly's defense led by Buck Buchanan finalist DE Chris Gocong.

What does the AGS crowd think? I predict a tight game with Cal Poly making it seven straight wins over MSU.

Cal Poly 27 MSU 24

CatFan22
September 15th, 2005, 09:52 PM
MSU -27
CP - 17

Hansel
September 15th, 2005, 09:54 PM
tough call for me in this one, I don't know who to rout for, the squads are probably my two favorite teams outside of NDSU, plus I wanna rout for Poly as a GWFC homer, OTOH I would like the 'Cats to still be highly ranked when they play NDSU on the 24th (hopefully NDSU can beat Weber St this week) hmmmm

barechestcat
September 15th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I'm excited for the 'Cats to play both teams. I'm fairly certain that Coach K will have our boys fired up for the Cal Poly game due to the losing streak that everyone is aware of. I think these two teams are pretty close on the talent scale. I am hoping this determination to break the streak is what ultimately tips the balance in our favor. My prediction? - Bobcats 30, Cal Poly 16

As for the Bison, I haven't done too much looking at that team. It seems the fans are pretty high on the quarterback they have (some saying best ever?!). Three things will pull us through this game, I think: One, Gatewood is back. Two, the crowd was very raucous and noisy the first home game and I expect it again. Three, the elevation change to Bozeman is hard on teams in the late third and fourth quarters. My prediction? - Bobcats 38, NDSU 24.

slostang
September 16th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I am surprised that there is not more interest in this game. It should be a great game. East coast bias I guess.

WYOBISONMAN
September 16th, 2005, 10:07 PM
This one will be a dandy. I pick the Mustangs by 7.

SeattleGriz
September 17th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Bozeman just can't seem to win the games they need to. Always seem to come out strong, only to be lame the rest of the year.

Cal Poly 31 Cats 17

Grizo406
September 17th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Tomorrow, I look for Mr. Lulay to bring the same type of magic he had when he beat the Griz 2 years straight.

The only chance the Mustangs have, in this game, is if #14 doesn't play.

The only thing I can fault Travis for is that he didn't play for the Griz.

Tod
September 17th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Grizo, you're a kind man (not to mention honest).

'Cats, 35-14.

MSUCats
September 17th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Bozeman :confused: just can't seem to win the games they need to. Always seem to come out strong, only to be lame the rest of the year.

Cal Poly 31 Cats 17

Not sure where you are getting your info, unless you're talking about Bozeman High.

Your statement indicates that the same thing happens every year.

'02 and '03 we had to beat Missoula to win the conference and make the playoffs and we did. :confused: :confused: Those two years we had losing records to start the season. :confused: :confused:
'04 we were 6-2 headed into November before losing 3 straight. So tell me what is the same about these three years?
Anyway, when it comes down to conference play, there is know discussion on which game you have to win and which you don't. They are all important, it's just that some may be easier.

Our non-conference schedule just happens to be really tough this year. Playing other I-AA ranked programs gives us a chance to move up the rankings for a possible seed.

I think the worst we can do is split our two games against the Great West and we would be ok in the rankings.

If the grit beat SDSU, it won't effect the rankings that much. If you lose, say bye-bye to the top 10. :p

My prediction:

MSU 42 Cal Poly 17 :spank:

catbob
September 17th, 2005, 01:12 PM
There are three things I see happening here:

The most likely in my opinion:
MSU 21 CP 17

Poly could win this game though, and the second most likely outcome:
MSU 24 CP 28

But there is a chance the Cats are really as unstoppable as we all hope they are (but I think CPs defense makesk this outcome very minimal):
MSU 38 CP 21

GOKATS
September 17th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Still over 6 hours until kickoff. This should be a really good game, but I think the 'Cats will prevail. It will require a solid game from start to finish though. The 'Cats are feeling good about themselves and are carrying a grudge against Cal Poly.

MSU 42 Cal Poly 21

Hansel
September 17th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Still over 6 hours until kickoff. This should be a really good game, but I think the 'Cats will prevail. It will require a solid game from start to finish though. The 'Cats are feeling good about themselves and are carrying a grudge against Cal Poly.

MSU 42 Cal Poly 21
No way MSU scores 42 on Poly

X-Factor
September 17th, 2005, 02:24 PM
No way MSU scores 42 on Poly

I also find that highly unlikely, but remember last year when Eastern Washington slapped 38 points onto the Cal Poly D. It seems they can be very good some days, then not show up the next.

PhantomCAT
September 17th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Cal Poly is putting a working on the CATs. The CATS are not playing worth a *****!!! They look horrid and Cal Poly looks real solid.

38-10 in the 4th :bang:

MSUCats
September 17th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Congrats to the Mustangs. You put a beatin' on a talented Bobcat team, but not very well prepared by the coaches.

I think you guys will have know problem getting into the playoffs this year and you'll probably surprise a few teams when you get there.

Good luck the rest of your season.

Hansel
September 18th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Poly represented well, this outcome takes a bit of shine off the NDSU/Mont St game next week, but I know the 'Cats (and the Bison) will be ready in Bozeman

SeattleGriz
September 18th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Not sure where you are getting your info, unless you're talking about Bozeman High.

Your statement indicates that the same thing happens every year.

'02 and '03 we had to beat Missoula to win the conference and make the playoffs and we did. :confused: :confused: Those two years we had losing records to start the season. :confused: :confused:
'04 we were 6-2 headed into November before losing 3 straight. So tell me what is the same about these three years?
Anyway, when it comes down to conference play, there is know discussion on which game you have to win and which you don't. They are all important, it's just that some may be easier.

Our non-conference schedule just happens to be really tough this year. Playing other I-AA ranked programs gives us a chance to move up the rankings for a possible seed.

I think the worst we can do is split our two games against the Great West and we would be ok in the rankings.

If the grit beat SDSU, it won't effect the rankings that much. If you lose, say bye-bye to the top 10. :p

My prediction:

MSU 42 Cal Poly 17 :spank:

:)

Grizo406
September 18th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Grizo, you're a kind man (not to mention honest).

And it appears, Tod, not very accurate. :p