PDA

View Full Version : Any football officials on here?

arreferee
September 15th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I'm sure 99.9% of you won't be interested in this at all, but if there are any football officials out there, this is for you.

A new website has been created in the past few months just for football officials. It can be found at www.refstripes.com. The main part of the site is a discussion board. Currently, we have over 310 members from all over the US (and a few outside the country).

There is also a links page, a news page, and a page for new officials. Links to all of these pages can be found from the main site.

If you are an official and would be interested in this, come over and take a look. If you like it, register a username and join in on some of the discussions.

Thanks,
Refstripes.com

ISUMatt
September 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM
I am and Ill check out the site Thanks

ngineer
September 15th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Alway thought about being a referee, but never had the time to go through the process. In PA, after taking the test, you start by doing Junior High games for a couple years before you get promoted to High School, etc. My work never allowed me to take afternoons off during the week when most Junior High games are played. I have afew friends who ref and they do enjoy it, but it does take away time from other obligations. Not paid enough IMO for the time and the crap.

ISUMatt
September 15th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Alway thought about being a referee, but never had the time to go through the process. In PA, after taking the test, you start by doing Junior High games for a couple years before you get promoted to High School, etc. My work never allowed me to take afternoons off during the week when most Junior High games are played. I have afew friends who ref and they do enjoy it, but it does take away time from other obligations. Not paid enough IMO for the time and the crap.

You dont do it for the money, you do it for the love, the passion that is HS football (or college). In Illinois, you need to pass an open book test and attend a 5 hour clinic and you can do freshman games then work your way up the ladder. I think nothing is more rewarding than to help out kids by officiating baseball and football games. It a great way to stay close to the game and make sure its getting passed along PROPERLY!!!

MR. CHICKEN
September 15th, 2005, 08:33 PM
ENCROACHMENT...ON ISU MATT.....BACK IT UP MATT...BACK...BACK...BACK!.....AWK! :lmao:

igo4uni
September 15th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I'm thinking of becoming a Miller Lite Beer ref.

"Taste Mask!!!!!"

"Roughing the palate!!"

I'd be good at it, too.

peace

igo4uni

polsongrizz
September 16th, 2005, 05:13 AM

"Taste Mask!!!!!"

"Roughing the palate!!"

I'd be good at it, too.

peace

igo4uni
If you drink that type of beer you need a Ref.. :eek: :nod: :rolleyes: :D

windwalker
September 16th, 2005, 05:35 AM
I have been doing high school and college ball for 24 years. Football, basketball, and softball. Just stick to high school ball now. thanks for the link.

Wild McGuirk
September 16th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Great link, thanks! I haven't heard anyone on my board mention that, I'll pass it along. Looks like some good interpretation, and CCA exam stuff.

putter
September 16th, 2005, 10:06 AM

"Taste Mask!!!!!"

"Roughing the palate!!"

I'd be good at it, too.

peace

igo4uni

I want to be the ref of the Women when they go at it!! :nod:

bison95
September 16th, 2005, 11:19 AM
If you drink that type of beer you need a Ref.. :eek: :nod: :rolleyes: :D

AAAAAAAMENNNNN

blueballs
September 16th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Officiating is the thankless job of all sports jobs, except maybe washing sweaty jocks, and basketball is the worst.

There's an old saying: "The best an official can hope for is to only piss off half the folks."

rabidsaluki
September 16th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Nice link.

I've done HS bball and baseball, never really thought about football. Have some neighbors that do volleyball. Been looking into JUCO ball.