PDA

View Full Version : Ammons can't announce Rattlers head coach yet

bluedog
December 18th, 2007, 04:21 AM
Florida A&M President James Ammons said Monday afternoon that a contract was still being finalized for his choice for the school's next head football coach.

According to several sources, that choice is still Grambling State head football coach Rod Broadway.

Read the story (http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071218/FAMU02/712180312/1028)

dbackjon
December 18th, 2007, 08:34 AM
xconfusedx Why would a coach leave the ICON for another HBCU job??

HIU 93
December 18th, 2007, 08:50 AM

Broadway served as head coach of NCCU under Dr. James Ammons (current President at FAMU, former chancellor at NCCU), he is disappointed at the way he perceives he was treated at GSU, and he wants to play in the playoffs.

McNeese_beat
December 18th, 2007, 09:38 AM
So not only do athletes in the SWAC get it, but some of the coaches do too...

Big Dawg
December 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM

Because we're FAMU...xnodx

MACHIAVELLI
December 18th, 2007, 12:44 PM
xlolx ^ xlolx ^ xlolx ^ xlolx ^ xlolx ^ xlolx

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 18th, 2007, 04:16 PM
So not only do athletes in the SWAC get it, but some of the coaches do too...What do you mean xconfusedx xconfusedx .
Its about money point blank. He is going to make $200,000 plus @ Famu. He was only making $159,000 @ Gram.

McNeese_beat
December 18th, 2007, 06:04 PM
What do you mean xconfusedx xconfusedx .
Its about money point blank. He is going to make $200,000 plus @ Famu. He was only making $159,000 @ Gram.

I was responding to what HIU93 was saying in the post previous to mine. If his info is incorrect, I stand corrected.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I was responding to what HIU93 was saying in the post previous to mine. If his info is incorrect, I stand corrected.

What do you mean by SWAC players getting it.xconfusedx

3rd Coast Tiger
December 18th, 2007, 09:11 PM
So not only do athletes in the SWAC get it, but some of the coaches do too...

I guess that means Broadway doesn't get it then.

smallcollegefbfan
December 19th, 2007, 12:55 AM
I heard people at Grambling are very upset that Broadway has left for the FAMU job. I wish him well though!

McNeese_beat
December 19th, 2007, 01:03 AM
What do you mean by SWAC players getting it.xconfusedx

Actually, that came out wrong...would-be SWAC players get it. From my experience, I've known of several recruits who chose a Southland school instead of the SWAC because they wanted the chance to play a national schedule.

It's one of the same reasons kids these days play AAU hoops and USSSA baseball...kids love testing themselves against what's out there. Any competitor does. I think the Ivy and the SWAC eliminate a huge recruiting tool by not participating in the post-season and playing a very limited number of rivals.

Now, I'm not saying that the bottom line of the programs suffer. The Bayou Classic and other rivalry games keep the SWAC healthy even if they aren't putting out as good of a product as they had 20-25 years ago. Harvard-Yale is still Harvard-Yale. But from my experience, the programs suffer from not having a mechanism for their players to test themselves against the best at their level of competition.

Big Dawg
December 19th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Broadway is staying put at Grambling...