PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Moore to West Virginia??

AppStateMan
December 17th, 2007, 02:42 PM
http://www.wvmetronews.com/index.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=22571
Looks like a lot of the fans at West Virginia want Jerry Moore. His age seemes to be the only problem, 68. I've seen his name on several sites that list possible candidates.

ASU_Grad
December 17th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I don't think so. Hasn't he said that he is no longer in it for the money, simply in it for fun. He's having a blast here at App and he's got the team to make a fourth run at the NC.

Jerry Moore will stay at ASU, no amount of money will make him leave. He'll at least stay until Armanti graduates, then he may retire.

To be honest, I'm more worried about Scott Satterfield, or our assistant coaches leaving. Moore is mostly there in a motivational role, the actual design of victory seems to come from the assistant coaches.

appstate38
December 17th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Well I don't think he will leave either. Not at least until they name the field after him.....

ASU_Grad
December 17th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Kidd Brewer Stadium and Jerry Moore Field.

Or are we looking at a stadium name change when he leaves?

Jerry Moore Stadium = The Rock

AppStateMan
December 17th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Agreed. Jerry Moore loves Appalachian. He even said he has had many offers in the past to coach at the FBS level and has turned them down. He is very loyal to his players and staff.
Your right, I see him retiring in a few years anyway.
But he would make a GREAT fit at West Virginia. Appalachian does run the same offense.

putter
December 17th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Heck if Paterno is staying at Penn St then Jerry could go to West Virginia. He has more NC than Joe does xthumbsupx

back2back
December 17th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I doubt Jerry Moore leaves. I am pretty sure Jim Grobe is a West Virginia native and coached at Marshall at one time (they will go after him hard), but his track record is that he loves Winston-Salem. WVU is crazy if they hire Terry Bowden.

appstate38
December 17th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I doubt Jerry Moore leaves. I am pretty sure Jim Grobe is a West Virginia native and coached at Marshall at one time (they will go after him hard), but his track record is that he loves Winston-Salem. WVU is crazy if they hire Terry Bowden.

Why is that so crazy... Terry turned around an Auburn program that had been on probation. He seems to me, to be the kind of coach that would do quite well at WVU. Lots of athletes and speed plus a wide open offense.

HiHiYikas
December 17th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Jerry is a special coach, one the likes of which ASU will probably never see again.

I think most of his success at ASU stems from his perseverance. He'll be in his 20th year in 2008. I'm not sure a fresh start with a new program would be worthwhile for him now that he's 68.

If he's in the twilight of his career - and you'd have to assume that's the case - I don't understand why he'd want to disrupt everything in his life to make that kind of move.

AppFan56
December 17th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Hopefully Coach Moore will be with us for many more years. He's got the drive, energy, and good health to do it and I really believe he loves being around the kids. When I saw him after the game late Friday night at the team hotel he was already talking about recruiting. As a freshman parent I feel quite blessed that my son has such a great opportunity to play under such a great man.

HaveFunKc
December 17th, 2007, 05:07 PM
http://www.wvmetronews.com/index.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=22571
Looks like a lot of the fans at West Virginia want Jerry Moore. His age seemes to be the only problem, 68. I've seen his name on several sites that list possible candidates.

You can ask, but you don't always get what you want...

Monarch History
December 17th, 2007, 05:48 PM
The name I've heard prominently mentioned is VA Tech's defensive coach,
Bud Foster. Foster was the National Defensive Coach of the Year in 2004 and 2005 and the National Asst. Coach of the Year (Broyles Award) in 2006.
I agree that Moore has no intention to leave ASU. xsmhx

ASU_Pads
December 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Well I don't think he will leave either. Not at least until they name the field after him.....

Coach isn't going anywhere. The assistants aren't either, they are all too close-knit. I would, however not only like the field to named after Coach Moore, but also a statue on Stadium Drive would be nice. Heck, re-name Stadium Drive to Jerry Moore Drive. Also a statue of Richie Williams somewhere on campus would be pretty awesome. No matter how many awards or records Armanti breaks, Richie will still be a legend in Boone.

unicat87
December 17th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I don't think so. Hasn't he said that he is no longer in it for the money, simply in it for fun. He's having a blast here at App and he's got the team to make a fourth run at the NC.

Jerry Moore will stay at ASU, no amount of money will make him leave. He'll at least stay until Armanti graduates, then he may retire.

To be honest, I'm more worried about Scott Satterfield, or our assistant coaches leaving. Moore is mostly there in a motivational role, the actual design of victory seems to come from the assistant coaches.

'The actual design of victory seems to come form the assistant coaches.' Coach Moore has done very well indeed if this is the case, and I think it is. -unicat87

ERASU2113
December 17th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I'd honestly think Satterfield would hang around for the chance to take over when/if Moore resigns.

Him or Chris Moore (running backs coach) would most likely take over I'd assume. Both have played for ASU, graduated from ASU and I'd assume want to take over one day.

KiddBrewer
December 17th, 2007, 08:39 PM
still think there is a chance they talk to satterfield. got a thread on app/wv already.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34853

feb18blacksunday
December 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I think that Coach will stay, but I'm worried that one or some of the other guys will leave.

ERASU2113
December 17th, 2007, 09:31 PM
If Satterfield leaves, I'd say he'd go more likely as an offensive coordinator to run the offense. Could see WVU hiring Foster from Va. Tech then him bringing Satterfield who knows the WVU offense really well.

I don't see him being the head coach there.

'neers80
December 17th, 2007, 09:51 PM
we gotta keep saterfield ... we should up the pay of our assistants. being the most dominant team over the past three years, our coaches should be the best paid in FCS. our defense has always been stout under moore, and satterfield has made our offense into an unstoppable force. show him the money.

Eyes of Old Main
December 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I think Moore will stay put. You guys might lose some assistants, but I can't see Coach Moore leaving now. He's reached icon status at ASU and few coaches leave that behind. Coach Ayers at Wofford is the same way. He'll be coaching the Terriers until he wants to stop and we are happy to have him.

stevdock
December 17th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Why would he want to go? Isn't the cupboard kinda bare with White and Slaton both graduating this year. When those guys were hurt this year, they flat out couldn't move the ball against anybody.

Peems
December 18th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Why would he want to go? Isn't the cupboard kinda bare with White and Slaton both graduating this year. When those guys were hurt this year, they flat out couldn't move the ball against anybody.

They're both juniors and white probably isn't going to leave. Slaton probably will.

back2back
December 18th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Why is that so crazy... Terry turned around an Auburn program that had been on probation. He seems to me, to be the kind of coach that would do quite well at WVU. Lots of athletes and speed plus a wide open offense.

He hasn't coached in what 7-9 years. How many big time coordinators are going to get on ship with you if you haven't captained the ship in a while?