PDA

View Full Version : FAMU to name Coach Broadway as head Coach today?

SU Jag
December 17th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I thought he said he wasnt going anywherexeekx xeekx WTF? Has he been hanging with Nick Saban and Bobby Patrino?xlolx

brownbear
December 17th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Why would Broadway leave for the FAMU job?

SU Jag
December 17th, 2007, 11:11 AM

Beats me? But FAMU is a great place to coach though. They have a great fan base, they'll pay top dollar for facilities, and they've had a few good runs in the play-offs and lets not forget the have a National title under their belt.

SU Jag
December 17th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Where does GSU go now?

lizrdgizrd
December 17th, 2007, 11:16 AM

Beats me? But FAMU is a great place to coach though. They have a great fan base, they'll pay top dollar for facilities, and they've had a few good runs in the play-offs and lets not forget the have a National title under their belt.
Not to mention he and Dr. Ammons are old buddies from NC Central. xnodx

Seems like he's bringing in a bunch of his buddies from Central.

http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?a=headlines&p=display&news=479

WileECoyote06
December 17th, 2007, 11:22 AM
The BOT meeting, in which they were rumored to discuss the hire, has been canceled.

Broadway has not tendered his resignation at Grambling yet.

What is the hold up. Perhaps Grambling has a buyout clause on Broadway.

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2007, 11:27 AM
FAMU would get Broadway due to...

a) his connections with the President and AD
b) higher salary
c) a chance to get more attention through potential participation in the Division I playoffs

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 17th, 2007, 05:01 PM
FAMU would get Broadway due to...

a) his connections with the President and AD
b) higher salary
c) a chance to get more attention through potential participation in the Division I playoffs

I will agree with a and b, but not C. Who in FCS traditionally gets more attention than GRAM. App st is getting attention because of the upset over Michigan not because they won the playoffs.

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I will agree with a and b, but not C. Who in FCS traditionally gets more attention than GRAM. App st is getting attention because of the upset over Michigan not because they won the playoffs.

Have any SWAC coaches gone on to major coaching positions straight from the SWAC?

A coach that wants to show his stuff to get to the next level (FBS) has no business being a head coach in the SWAC. Simple as that.

Coaches from other FCS conferences have gone straight into mid-major and even some major coaching jobs at the FBS level.

A coach can get a more challenging schedule and have a chance to play on the national stage against tough FCS competition if they play in the MEAC compared to the SWAC. Winning at Georgia Southern or Montana sure does a lot more for a coach than winning at Grambling as proved by jobs former HCs at those schools have taken.

McNeese_beat
December 17th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Have any SWAC coaches gone on to major coaching positions straight from the SWAC?

A coach that wants to show his stuff to get to the next level (FBS) has no business being a head coach in the SWAC. Simple as that.

Coaches from other FCS conferences have gone straight into mid-major and even some major coaching jobs at the FBS level.

A coach can get a more challenging schedule and have a chance to play on the national stage against tough FCS competition if they play in the MEAC compared to the SWAC. Winning at Georgia Southern or Montana sure does a lot more for a coach than winning at Grambling as proved by jobs former HCs at those schools have taken.

I hate to sound cynical, but how many black coaches from ANY school get considered for FBS jobs? Not many. So the snub isn't unique to the SWAC...and I don't believe there are any ex-MEAC coaches coaching in the FCS (I could be wrong).

I agree with the SWAC fans. There are reasons to leave, but a chance for more exposure probably isn't one.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 17th, 2007, 05:30 PM

People are getting interviews. Doug Williams, Kentucky and Miss. State, Broadway, Duke. Besides, How many Black head coaches are there in FBS. That where the problem is. As long as the SWAC is paying what they are paying, look for the SWAC to keep getting bright up and coming coaches. Just wait until you see who SU hires in 3 years. I know we will be paying $300,000 plus.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I hate to sound cynical, but how many black coaches from ANY school get considered for FBS jobs? Not many. So the snub isn't unique to the SWAC...and I don't believe there are any ex-MEAC coaches coaching in the FCS (I could be wrong).

I agree with the SWAC fans. There are reasons to leave, but a chance for more exposure probably isn't one.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx I guess all Mc fan aren't so bad. You and 73 are alright. Wish I could have made it over for the game tonight, but I didn't get off work in time enuff.

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM
People are getting interviews. Doug Williams, Kentucky and Miss. State, Broadway, Duke. Besides, How many Black head coaches are there in FBS. That where the problem is. As long as the SWAC is paying what they are paying, look for the SWAC to keep getting bright up and coming coaches. Just wait until you see who SU hires in 3 years. I know we will be paying $300,000 plus.

Just amazing to me how much SWAC coaches pay to their head coaches, easily the highest paying gigs in this region of the country and near the top of the FCS spectrum...who bankrolls these salaries? How's TxSo pay their head coach six figures?

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Just amazing to me how much SWAC coaches pay to their head coaches, easily the highest paying gigs in this region of the country and near the top of the FCS spectrum...who bankrolls these salaries? How's TxSo pay their head coach six figures?
Pete Richardson earned that salary. Remember SU has the highest ticket pricers $28-$52 in FCS, along with great attendence.

Big Dawg
December 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Nothings official...

jstate83
December 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM

Base salary from the University supplemented by booster's.
Our cheapest ticket is $19 General Admission and that is in the "upper" section of Memorial.

All ticket's outside of the 30 yard lines on both sides "lower" level, (The Bowl), are $25.
Box seat's are $45 and up.
Reserved......................Better buy a season ticket cause it is gonna cost you to sit anywhere near the 50 yard line on the "lower" level of Memorial if you buy them weekly. xlolx

Comegy makes about $156,000 plus perks and bonuses.
The OC and DC makes bout $90,000.

McNeese_beat
December 18th, 2007, 09:41 AM
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx I guess all Mc fan aren't so bad. You and 73 are alright. Wish I could have made it over for the game tonight, but I didn't get off work in time enuff.

All I gotta say after seeing your girls is...slow it down and feed it to the big girl!

I know she's banged up. Hope she stays healthy and has a nice senior year. Nice to see she already graduated.

HIU 93
December 18th, 2007, 09:46 AM

REP POINTS FOR YOU!!!!!

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 18th, 2007, 04:50 PM
All I gotta say after seeing your girls is...slow it down and feed it to the big girl!

I know she's banged up. Hope she stays healthy and has a nice senior year. Nice to see she already graduated.

See's already graduated from Grad School also. xthumbsupx Our guards are real young, just learning how to play the game.