PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern St Game

Keydet90
September 15th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I attended the NSU - NDSU game over the weekend and intended to write in sooner. Great game atmosphere and great people from both teams. NSU played the entire game the way they played the first half against LA Monroe in Week 1. NDSU played an almost mistake free, turnover free game and took advantage of NSU miscues. They are going to be a power to be reckoned with for years to come.

Despite the somewhat lopsided game (which didn't really bother me b/c I am a VMI fan and used to lopsided games) and a long ride up Cowpath 117 from DeRidder, I really had a great time and thought the NSU people put on a class act. Their support for and recognition of the military personnel was awesome and I know the soldiers really enjoyed themselves. I really liked the stadium and the way the field house is in the end zone. I actually got to go there and see the Big Indian Trophy - one of the goals of my trip. All in all it was a fun Saturday evening and I want to thank the NSU folks for the hospitality and creating such a good opportunity for our soldiers and family members. I think your attendance was around 12,000 judging from the stands and there is good fan and media support for the team. Keep up the great work and think about making the military appreciation an Annual Event! :D

v/r MAJ Daren Payne
Fort Polk, LA

buckp
September 15th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Hope you can make it down here for the COWBOY game on Nov. 12th, major....:nod:

McTailGator
September 16th, 2005, 08:09 AM
up Cowpath 117 from DeRidder,
v/r MAJ Daren Payne
Fort Polk, LA

Major,

I hope you can make it down to Lake Charles to attend a McNeese game. (perhaps the McNeese NSU game). I think you will enjoy the atmosphere at McNeese and Cowboy Stadium both before and during the game.

Please join us at the Geawcowboys.com Tailgate Tent for some great food, drink, and fun.

And I'd also like to thank you for your service to our country as well. My daughter just joined the La National Guard and will be reporting for Basic in a couple of weeks.

Greg Stevens
Sulphur, Louisiana

Hansel
September 16th, 2005, 09:35 AM
What did you think of NDSU's uniforms keydet? I know the radio announcers were complaining about the yellow numbers.

Dallas Demon
September 16th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Glad you had fun. The military has always been important to Northwestern, we have a very good ROTC program. Sorry about our showing on the field, I know NDSU had something to do with that. The attendance was 13,200 or so, decent crowd. Perhaps you can come back for another game (Northeastern on Oct. 29th, I should be there). I'll make sure you are well taken care of with regards to tailgating/food.

As McTailgator indicated, we sincerely appreciate all that you the rest of our forces do for us - keep up the great work.

Keydet90
September 16th, 2005, 03:52 PM
First of all thanks for the responses. Secondly, I do intend to make it down to Lake Charles for a McNeese game but they are on the road two weekends and had one game cancelled out of three games so far. Next home weekend I will probably be there though I may come back up on the net asking for directions :confused: .

As for NDSU uniforms Mr. Bison, yes the numbers are hard to see (from about 300 feet high where I was) but other than that the color scheme with green pants and gold helments is pretty sharp. I thought they looked good -especially under the lights! The team also looked big even though the don't list that big on paper...I was surprised the matched up and got such good line push on both sides of the ball all night.

For my first few months here in LA, I can say I am getting plenty of I-AA paper, TV and radio coverage down here and the SLC really seems to be doing it right. All the papers really treat I-AA like the great brand of football it deserves.

v/r DP '90

bobcatfan06
September 16th, 2005, 05:37 PM
For my first few months here in LA, I can say I am getting plenty of I-AA paper, TV and radio coverage down here and the SLC really seems to be doing it right. All the papers really treat I-AA like the great brand of football it deserves.

v/r DP '90

The people in LA need to contact the people in Texas. It's amazing how just across the border, half the state doesn't even know I-AA exists.