PDA

View Full Version : Fans at NC question

appstate1998
December 15th, 2007, 08:40 PM
This was the first of the 3 NC for App I missed b/c of work, but I did see the game and was very impressed. Embarrassed a little at the end with the fans though. I rushed the field in the previous games but waited til 0 on the clock. However, my question to the Hen fans at the game is how were you treated by the App fans...at tailgate, the game etc.

I know that with a night game and people tailgating all day...drunken stupidness will ensue, but I remember a lot of fun and respect between fans in 05 and 06 at tailgate and was wondering how it was this year.

HENCRAZED
December 16th, 2007, 01:43 PM
This was the first of the 3 NC for App I missed b/c of work, but I did see the game and was very impressed. Embarrassed a little at the end with the fans though. I rushed the field in the previous games but waited til 0 on the clock. However, my question to the Hen fans at the game is how were you treated by the App fans...at tailgate, the game etc.

I know that with a night game and people tailgating all day...drunken stupidness will ensue, but I remember a lot of fun and respect between fans in 05 and 06 at tailgate and was wondering how it was this year.

I know my crew and I had a great time. We hung with some App fans all day. Always a few problems here and there, but overall greta tailgate.
P.S. Someone send me some Sundrop---mix it with whiskey and wow!!

UDBlueLotFan
December 16th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I agree with Hencrazed. We were set up grilling and drinking at 0900; not bad for our group, age 39-62. The lot quickly turned into a huge frat party. App.St. fans were fine with me. Young and old, I had good conversation with both. There were a few student's on both sides that got a little out of control, but that's expected with them just finishing finals along with the atmosphere. My favorite was the F18 fly-by, not once, but 3 times. xthumbsupx Sorry you missed it. You missed one he!! of a tailgate xbowx

GannonFan
December 16th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Most App fans, like most UD fans, were fine. Met with up GreatAppSt and got to sample some of his fine butter rum apple something - whatever it was it was delicious, and it was perfect for the time of day because the weather was just starting to turn cold when I got it. Only saw/had problems with the way too drunk fans, and there were ample examples of that by both fanbases. Like I said in another thread, Chatty has to do a better job of turning away the drunks from the stadium (the ones who can barely standup) and they have to do a better job of keeping alcohol out of the stadium - no reason why people should still be that drunk that late in the game, the only way they were was because there was tons of drinking in the game. Otherwise, it was a great environment and a great event - next time do it without MEAC refs and the game could be good too (the outcome wouldn't have been different, but the game would've been more interesting longer). xthumbsupx

ERASU2113
December 16th, 2007, 02:16 PM
P.S. Someone send me some Sundrop---mix it with whiskey and wow!!

Haha! I know!

That's why if I ever move up north, I'm bringing Sun Drop and Cheerwine with me. I can't live without them :D

AppStateSVX
December 16th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I had some great conversation with quite a few UDel fans. Lots of smack, but all in good humor. I really enjoyed the UDel crowd, MUCH better than UMass

GreatAppSt
December 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Most App fans, like most UD fans, were fine. Met with up GreatAppSt and got to sample some of his fine butter rum apple something - whatever it was it was delicious, and it was perfect for the time of day because the weather was just starting to turn cold when I got it. xthumbsupx

Thanks very much for the kind words GF. It really was great to meet you and your wife, check another AGS stalwart off the havn't met yet list.xthumbsupx

PS. It's hot cinnamon buttered rum apple cider(cold games only). 2 gallons gone in under 2 hours:D

WUTNDITWAA
December 16th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks very much for the kind words GF. It really was great to meet you and your wife, check another AGS stalwart off the havn't met yet list.xthumbsupx

PS. It's hot cinnamon buttered rum apple cider(cold games only). 2 gallons gone in under 2 hours:D

Are you willing to part with your recipe? It sounds like the perfect Christmas treat.

UDChE89
December 16th, 2007, 04:11 PM
It was a little worse over where I was sitting in Section 121. I saw one UD fan taken out by police, but there were about a half dozen ASU fans taken out from the grass. There was a Chattanooga cop standing in our section against the rail for a good 20 minutes just to make sure stuff didn't happen. I've heard other tales that disappointed me but they're more heavily weighed to the ASU side (as there were more fans there)

GreatAppSt
December 16th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Are you willing to part with your recipe? It sounds like the perfect Christmas treat.

Xmas is what my dad ued to make it forxsmiley_wix PM me if any one wants the recipe.

furman94
December 16th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Haha! I know!

That's why if I ever move up north, I'm bringing Sun Drop and Cheerwine with me. I can't live without them :D

Oh, I know! What would we Carolinians do without our Sun Drop and Cheerwine! Don't forget the Moon Pies!

Grabholdofyosef
December 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I had some good conversations with several Del fans and only one bad experience. I really liked talking with the DEL students that had driven to the game. They had some good road trip stories.

During the game, I didnt see much bad behavior because i was in the middle of a lot of local Chatty people that were not very vocal. On the other side, however my friends saw two fans get taken out for urinating in the stands. There were a lot of Del fans around, but they said it was ASU fans that did that. Very disappointing.

Borat
December 16th, 2007, 08:50 PM
We tried to get in the Finley lot at 11:45 AM and it was already full, so we we found a spot at a lot on the corner of Main & Broad, which was only a few hundred yards away from the stadium. There were mostly App fans in our lot, and there didn't seem to be any trouble between the App and Delaware fans there. There were two elderly gentlemen sitting in our section who were Delaware fans , and the App fans were pretty nice to them. But that didn't stop them from saying some pretty nasty stuff to the Delaware players warming up in front of us.

cruyf
December 16th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Had my brothers and 70 yr old father, thought the lot was full and parked in a grass lot with tons of Appy fans. We were the only Hens Fans in sight. One saw our handicap placard and indicated that another car had just left because they found that the handicap spots were open even though the rest of the lot was full. Not only did this help me with my father, but it put us into the middle of the biggest frat party since Animal House. I have to thank that Appy fan for helping us out and making the trip the best ever, even with the loss.

DrG
December 16th, 2007, 08:54 PM
My experience with App fans last year was just fine.

hApPYaPpYFan
December 16th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Oh, I know! What would we Carolinians do without our Sun Drop and Cheerwine! Don't forget the Moon Pies!

Can't forget the Dukes mayo!