PDA

View Full Version : SWAC Championship game attendence

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 15th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Attendance: 43,236 xthumbsupx

Mr. Tiger
December 15th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Good crowd. Good game. Good win for the JSU program. Mr. Tiger is feeling good tonight. Catch my theme. xthumbsupx

813Jag
December 15th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Good crowd. Good game. Good win for the JSU program. Mr. Tiger is feeling good tonight. Catch my theme. xthumbsupx
Good numbers especially for the weather. How long did it rain?

BlueHen86
December 15th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Nice turn out for the SWAC, congrats!xthumbsupx

appfan2008
December 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM
nice attendance...

ShgooseAPP
December 15th, 2007, 11:04 PM
congrats

3rd Coast Tiger
December 16th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Congrats SWAC! xthumbsupx
Congrats App State! xthumbsupx

slostang
December 16th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Way to go JSU. xthumbsupx

mrklean
December 16th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Were are the pics of the fine a@@ women!!!

SU Jag
December 16th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Would have been more if Grambling's fans would have shown up.xrolleyesx Great atmosphere yesterday! The Blue Nation was in full effect!xnodx

UMass922
December 17th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Because people who hate on the SWAC title game say that noone cares when infact the SWAC Championship ALWAYS outdraws the 1-AA title gamexnodx - And thats a natural fact!

To be fair, I think this year's (though certainly not every year's) D-I Championship could have drawn in the 40,000 range (or close to it) if the stadium could hold that many. Delaware and ASU have two very strong, dedicated fan bases, are both near the top in attendance, and are relatively close to Chattanooga to boot. As far as I know, tickets went very very quickly, especially at ASU.

That said, the SWAC has a great thing going, and I see no reason to diminish or disparage it. I always find these debates kind of silly. The SWAC is very successful at putting butts in the seats, and more power to 'em. (I only wish that I had ESPN Classic so that I could have watched the game!)

jstate83
December 17th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I was a great crowd and game.

The JSU attendance shocked me inside that place.
They said as of Thursday, over 17,000 ticket's had been sold in the Jackson Metro area.

People here really rolled out for this game.
I left Jackson at 5am and by the time I got to the Alabama state line, I was in the middle of bout a 20 car convoy.

jstate83
December 17th, 2007, 07:57 AM
To be fair, I think this year's (though certainly not every year's) D-I Championship could have drawn in the 40,000 range (or close to it) if the stadium could hold that many. Delaware and ASU have two very strong, dedicated fan bases, are both near the top in attendance, and are relatively close to Chattanooga to boot. As far as I know, tickets went very very quickly, especially at ASU.

That said, the SWAC has a great thing going, and I see no reason to diminish or disparage it. I always find these debates kind of silly. The SWAC is very successful at putting butts in the seats, and more power to 'em. (I only wish that I had ESPN Classic so that I could have watched the game!)

True.
The championship game was held in the 20 thousand range only because of stadium size.
They could have sold a lot more ticket's to the FCS Championship if a bigger stadium was used.

In all, FCS put on a good fan showing for 2 games.
The fan's turned out for both.xthumbsupx

UMass922
December 17th, 2007, 08:43 AM
In all, FCS put on a good fan showing for 2 games.
The fan's turned out for both.xthumbsupx

Indeed. 66,000+ for the two games combined is an excellent showing. Though they should try to get the SWAC championship on one of the more "basic" ESPN networks, or, heck, even ABC (the Bayou Classic works for NBC, after all). Games on ESPN Classic and ESPNU are kind of hidden/buried (though maybe I'm just complaining because I don't get either).

SU Jag
December 17th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Indeed. 66,000+ for the two games combined is an excellent showing. Though they should try to get the SWAC championship on one of the more "basic" ESPN networks, or, heck, even ABC (the Bayou Classic works for NBC, after all). Games on ESPN Classic and ESPNU are kind of hidden/buried (though maybe I'm just complaining because I don't get either).

The newtorks want the weadeater bowlxrolleyesx

HIU 93
December 17th, 2007, 12:35 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. I think the SWAC Championship should at least be on ESPN2. I believe the ratings numbers probably bear that out. I think, however, that ESPN was contractually obligated to put the Div. II and III championships on ESPN and ESPN2, thus pushing the SWAC Championship to Classic.

lizrdgizrd
December 17th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Great turnout for the SWAC championship! xthumbsupx

I second mrklean's request for pics of fine SWAC women! xhurrayx

jstate83
December 17th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Come on people. xlolx
Fan's at both games had a blast.xnodx

Let's just leave it at that. xthumbsupx

813Jag
December 17th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Come on people. xlolx

I agree. xthumbsupx It's funny how people skip the sensible posts just to make a point.

BlueHen86
December 17th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Come on people. xlolx

Great post.

lizrdgizrd
December 17th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Come on people. xlolx

Don't leave it at that, post the fine women and then you can leave. xrulesx xlolx