PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the CAA

thmst30
December 15th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Hell of a season for the conference. 5 teams in the playoffs and Delaware in the title. It may not have ended how you hoped, but still you have the right to brag because you do have a damn strong conference. Hell we should have lost to JMU, struggled against Richmond(Who beat the SoCon auto bid) in the 2nd half until late in the game, and the game last night was VERY even except for the first 18 minutes or so. I can only imaging how good you will be top to bottom next year. Scary.xeekx

spdram
December 15th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks, there is no "off week" in the CAA once conference starts. It sure is fun, but we do beat each other up.

thmst30
December 15th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks, there is no "off week" in the CAA once conference starts. It sure is fun, but we do beat each other up.

Yea the Socon is sort of like that with no "off weeks" but we do have some teams currently struggling bad. Hopefully they turn it around because great conference games are always the best to attend.

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Maybe the tournament should just be these two conferences...

thmst30
December 15th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Maybe the tournament should just be these two conferences...
Yep since the Big Sky is so overrated............ I KID, I KID. Sorry EWU and Griz.

Eight Legger
December 15th, 2007, 11:18 PM
We can joke about it, but the truth is that being in the best conferences kinda sucks. Come playoff time, it's tough to be undefeated in the CAA or SoCon, and you have teams like Montana and McNeese (no offense guys) getting fat on bad leagues and getting seeded, while the CAA -- with 5 tourney teams who played a combined 11 games -- get 3 total home games.

The committee has to start giving our leagues the respect they deserve next year. I don't want to see three "undefeated" teams getting seeds when they've really played and beaten no one during the regular season. That has to end.

feb18blacksunday
December 15th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Good teams and great league, wouldn't it be cool if Socon and CAA had a sort of challenge between each other like the Basketball teams have during Jimmy V. week.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 15th, 2007, 11:43 PM
The OOC schedule of the CAA pales in comparison to the SoCon, but overall they were still pretty impressive this year. To be fair, they did have a tough playoff schedule and had a respectable record.

BDKJMU
December 15th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Hell of a season for the conference. 5 teams in the playoffs and Delaware in the title. It may not have ended how you hoped, but still you have the right to brag because you do have a damn strong conference. Hell we should have lost to JMU, struggled against Richmond(Who beat the SoCon auto bid) in the 2nd half until late in the game, and the game last night was VERY even except for the first 18 minutes or so. I can only imaging how good you will be top to bottom next year. Scary.xeekx

Thanks THMST30. Congrats to ASU. Already posted this on another thread. This is how I think the coaches & media types will pick the CAA South pre season.
1. UR (17 starters back)
2. JMU (17-18 starters back (depending on Wahid). 37/38 of 44 on 2 deep + Holloman
3. Nova (17 starters back (8 offense, 9 defense from their UD game. It willbe Young back at QB instead of the freshman filling in).
4. UD (15 starters back from JMU game notes, but loses Flacco, Cuff, 3 seniors on o-line. Have 9 starters back from a mediocre defense).
5. W&M (18 starters back from the JMU game notes (8 from a really good offense, including Phillips, who will probably throw for about a billion yards, 10 from a bad defense). Plus some injured guys from both sides of the ball.
6. Towson (13 starters back from JMU game notes, 9 on offense but only 4 on defense). Know they've got some injured guys back.

CAA South will be loaded. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 of 6 have winning records. By my count:
CAA South teams finished 27-21 in conference 07' (12-6 against the CAA North).
CAA North teams conversely finished 21-27 in conference, (6 and 12 against the South).
I wouldn't be surprised to see it at least as lopsided if not more so in 08'.

I know they base the preseason polls, which are basically meaningless, a good deal off what happened the prior season. Some will note JMU outplaying (except for the scoreboard) ASU in the 28-27 1st round loss and having 17-18 starters back and vote JMU top 3-5, but not enough, and JMU will probably be preseason my guess 6-8 in the polls. I'm of course hoping JMU can win @ Duke, then NC Central & UMass at home to set up what could be #1 ASU @ top 5 JMU.
What I-A does ASU play in Sept? I'm hoping ASU comes to JMU 2-0/3-0, #1 in the polls, with Armanti getting some Heisman mention Sept 20. That would set up the biggest home game in JMU's history (06' JMU lost @ #1 ASU and and won @ #1 UNH. Last time hosted #1 was Sept 1994 #1 McNeese @ I think it was top 10 JMU, McNeese won I think it was 20-14. JMU never hosted other than 1st round playoff game).

ASU @ JMU will undoubtedly be the game of the week. Could be the game of the year, at least as far as OOC.

thmst30
December 16th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks THMST30. Congrats to ASU. Already posted this on another thread. This is how I think the coaches & media types will pick the CAA South pre season.
1. UR (17 starters back)
2. JMU (17-18 starters back (depending on Wahid). 37/38 of 44 on 2 deep + Holloman
3. Nova (17 starters back (8 offense, 9 defense from their UD game. It willbe Young back at QB instead of the freshman filling in).
4. UD (15 starters back from JMU game notes, but loses Flacco, Cuff, 3 seniors on o-line. Have 9 starters back from a mediocre defense).
5. W&M (18 starters back from the JMU game notes (8 from a really good offense, including Phillips, who will probably throw for about a billion yards, 10 from a bad defense). Plus some injured guys from both sides of the ball.
6. Towson (13 starters back from JMU game notes, 9 on offense but only 4 on defense). Know they've got some injured guys back.

CAA South will be loaded. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 of 6 have winning records. By my count:
CAA South teams finished 27-21 in conference 07' (12-6 against the CAA North).
CAA North teams conversely finished 21-27 in conference, (6 and 12 against the South).
I wouldn't be surprised to see it at least as lopsided if not more so in 08'.

I know they base the preseason polls, which are basically meaningless, a good deal off what happened the prior season. Some will note JMU outplaying (except for the scoreboard) ASU in the 28-27 1st round loss and having 17-18 starters back and vote JMU top 3-5, but not enough, and JMU will probably be preseason my guess 6-8 in the polls. I'm of course hoping JMU can win @ Duke, then NC Central & UMass at home to set up what could be #1 ASU @ top 5 JMU.
What I-A does ASU play in Sept? I'm hoping ASU comes to JMU 2-0/3-0, #1 in the polls, with Armanti getting some Heisman mention Sept 20. That would set up the biggest home game in JMU's history (06' JMU lost @ #1 ASU and and won @ #1 UNH. Last time hosted #1 was Sept 1994 #1 McNeese @ I think it was top 10 JMU, McNeese won I think it was 20-14. JMU never hosted other than 1st round playoff game).

ASU @ JMU will undoubtedly be the game of the week. Could be the game of the year, at least as far as OOC.
If you lose to Div. IV Duke then you should quit football.xsmiley_wix You will CRUSH them. App doesn't have a 1-A opponent and probably won't get one because their all skeered. DEFINITELY already looking forward to the JMU game next year, most likely a matchup of top 5 teams and maybe even 1-2 depending on how it plays out. Gonna be a big statement game for both teams to start the drive towards the end of the season.

BDKJMU
December 16th, 2007, 12:36 AM
If you lose to Div. IV Duke then you should quit football.xsmiley_wix You will CRUSH them. App doesn't have a 1-A opponent and probably won't get one because their all skeered. DEFINITELY already looking forward to the JMU game next year, most likely a matchup of top 5 teams and maybe even 1-2 depending on how it plays out. Gonna be a big statement game for both teams to start the drive towards the end of the season.

This is getting a little off topic here, but just read today Duke hired their new coach.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3155086
He's got his work cut out for jim.
04': 2-9. One win was against the Citadel
05' 1-10. Lone win came against VMI
06' 0-12 Lost to UR 13-0
07' 1-11 (no I-AA)

Thats 2-41 against I-A the last 4 seasons. Granted if they were playing in a non BS conference they'd have a few more wins, but they are bad.

ERASU2113
December 16th, 2007, 01:04 AM

Ya everyone is nervous to play us. I mean who wants to be the next Michigan? :D.

Someone will step up to the plate...who knows who it will be.

ERASU2113
December 16th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Cutcliffe knows his stuff though. He's coached great QBs at UT and Ole Miss. It will take him alittle bit but he should be able to steer the Blue Devils into respectabilitly.

By that I mean 2-3 wins :D