PDA

View Full Version : DelEware State?!?

JayJ79
December 15th, 2007, 02:07 AM
From the "official" NCAAsports.com website (http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens):

Championship Subdivision
The FCS Championship finale

The Appalachian State Mountaineers are FCS Champions, defeating Deleware State 49-21.

Not only did they confuse UD for DSU, but they can't even spell Delaware....
xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Mountaineer
December 15th, 2007, 02:24 AM
xeekx

It's terrible enough that ASU turned off potentially millions of new FCS fans by ours surrounding the field. And now this! :( Thanks a lot, NCAA. xsmhx

RadMann
December 15th, 2007, 07:49 AM
LOL, That is funny. Shows how little attention FCS gets. The article attached to the headline is correct, but the school in the blurb headline is wrong and the state name is spelled incorrectly. Wow, we expect teenage fans from the opposing team to not know how to spell the state name, but the NCAA! That is surprising.

AppStsGr8
December 15th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Hey, after App's third round win ESPN ran a story about the game and AE's rushing. The end of the story said we would play the winner of the Delaware - Georgia Southern game ... and GSU wasn't even in the playoffs!

Herdman
December 15th, 2007, 08:51 AM
xeekx

It's terrible enough that ASU turned off potentially millions of new FCS fans by ours surrounding the field. And now this! :( Thanks a lot, NCAA. xsmhxYeah, that and your security guard running after a UD player because the guard thought the players was actually throwing the ball at him personally. Then the stagged running on the field...I mean I have no problem with fans running on the field after the game is over, but for ASU to stage the "fan flood" for the ESPN cameras was too much. I hope no one from ESPN planted the idea with ASU officials for effct purposes, but it sure looked like that was what was going on.

JayJ79
December 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that and your security guard running after a UD player because the guard thought the players was actually throwing the ball at him personally.

I can't blame the security guard in that instance. Unlike most all the other people on the sidelines, he was SUPPOSED to be there.
And for all I know, the player intentionally threw it at the cop. I mean, it's not like there was a shortage of other targets down there.

And accidental or not, I don't fault the security guy for getting angry after getting beaned by a football.