PDA

View Full Version : Quit your complaining!

McNeese_beat
December 14th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I come on here after watching a great football team get a three-peat and all I see are complaints about the officiating, the fans, etc.
xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Get over it people. App State is a deserving champion, its fans are enthusiastic and the officials had little influence on the outcome. What influenced the outcome is the better team kicked some ass tonight.xthumbsupx

So here's to App State
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

And to you haters...

xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox

gophoenix
December 14th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Well said.

Mountaineer
December 14th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Thank you. Truly.

xbowx

McNeese_beat
December 14th, 2007, 11:28 PM
It's interesting that:
xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox
sort of comes out in Delaware colors...

Aho_Old_Guy
December 14th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks, McNeese

Take it to those Tar Heels next fall!

GrizzlyBill
December 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM
HEAR! HEAR!

I'll second that! I love the Griz, but no way could we have stayed in the game with either team tonight. Too much speed.

Way to go Mountaineers!

AZGrizFan
December 14th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I come on here after watching a great football team get a three-peat and all I see are complaints about the officiating, the fans, etc.
xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Get over it people. App State is a deserving champion, its fans are enthusiastic and the officials had little influence on the outcome. What influenced the outcome is the better team kicked some ass tonight.xthumbsupx

So here's to App State
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

And to you haters...

xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox xnonono2x xnonox

How must the JMU fans and players feel tonight. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

"There, but for the grace of God, go I....." xbawlingx xcoolx

McNeese_beat
December 14th, 2007, 11:43 PM
How must the JMU fans and players feel tonight. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

I was thinking the same thing...

They say you need a little luck to win championships. Well, App State's luck came early, and the ass-kicking came late...

AppStsGr8
December 14th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks, McNeese! Take it to the Tarheels for us next year. They won't let Appalachian come play them. We'll be pulling for you big time!

mistersykes
December 15th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the support McNeese_beat! Haters: If you look at the game, it was a great one.

Again, and I would say this even if UD won...we decide it on the field. And I love it! I hope that somebody notices that ALL the seeds lost and what this would mean for those who only decide a champ based on regular season achievements. :D

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2007, 07:03 AM
the refs got way to much attention because they sucked, it they were good nobody would have even noticed them....just a shame this crew was allowed to do this National Championship game

Oh, and did I say the better team won

Appy was the better team I would vote them top 25

Col Hogan
December 15th, 2007, 07:19 AM
HEAR! HEAR!

I'll second that! I love the Griz, but no way could we have stayed in the game with either team tonight. Too much speed.

Way to go Mountaineers!

Last year, we stayed with ASU for, oh, about 3 quarters before their speed just wore us out...

Last night...the Mountaineers looked even faster....xoopsx

BarefootApp
December 15th, 2007, 07:31 AM
To all the whiners about "classless": You have a real passion for FCS football or you wouldn't be on AGS. Are you telling me, if it had been YOUR team winning a 3rd National Championship (consecutive), you would not have been right there in the middle of that incredible moment for you and your team? Please....what a joke. Get over it and show some class yourself. Congrats to UD and ASU...real college football.

Mntneer
December 15th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks guys. I understand a lot of folks were either bitter about their team not being there or disappointed with the loss and feel a need to lash out. Yes, the refs did suck, and their suckage was more often in our favor than not. And yes some of the fans were crazy, but any team that has had our kind of success is going to have more than it's fair share of those. The 3 peat just energizes people and the Chatty staff was obviously not prepared. Overall I was impressed with Delaware's team and coach; things just didn't click for them last night. I look forward to seeing them again next post-season ;)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 15th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys. I understand a lot of folks were either bitter about their team not being there or disappointed with the loss and feel a need to lash out. Yes, the refs did suck, and their suckage was more often in our favor than not. And yes some of the fans were crazy, but any team that has had our kind of success is going to have more than it's fair share of those. The 3 peat just energizes people and the Chatty staff was obviously not prepared. Overall I was impressed with Delaware's team and coach; things just didn't click for them last night. I look forward to seeing them again next post-season ;)

JMHO, but that has absolutely nothing to do with people's comments.

patssle
December 15th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Are you telling me, if it had been YOUR team winning a 3rd National Championship (consecutive), you would not have been right there in the middle of that incredible moment for you and your team?

Agreed. I would give anything for that team to have been mine and for those fans on the sidelines to have been mine. And to have been in the middle of it.

Houndawg
December 15th, 2007, 10:21 AM

It evens out. The week before it was SIU that was on the short end of the refs suckage in a much closer game with UD. Football karma.xcoffeex

BlueHen86
December 15th, 2007, 10:25 AM
The officiating did suck. Happens all the time, it's part of the game.

The better team won, which is the important thing. Congrats ASU.

GrizzlyBill
December 15th, 2007, 10:30 AM
App put on an awesome display of college football last night. There is a lot of talk here about class and a perceived lack of class by some. The fans who crowded the field were only partly to blame. They were just enjoying the fun of great success. The folks running the stadium and hosting the game were lucky nothing worse happened. Maybe they learned a thing or two for the future.

YEA for the Mountaineers! Perhaps they just completed the greatest season by a college football team ever. Impossible to measure such things. Purely subjective. Still, it was a beautiful performance.

Kudos also to Keeler. I kept thinking what a difficult situation he was in there near the end of the game, especially with the kid who scored the runback TD.

Purple For Life
December 15th, 2007, 10:32 AM

Ditto for us. If we had run instead of passed, I think, especially seeing this game, we'd have strung up Delaware good. Oh well. 2008, baby!

SoCon48
December 15th, 2007, 11:35 AM

So here's to App State

And to you haters...

Well stated!

DetroitFlyer
December 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I just think that it is funny that a CAA team did not win the CAA, I mean FCS playoffs this year. Congrats to App! Looks like it might be an even bigger challenge for App to build a schedule for 2008. Hard to imaginee many FBS teams wanting to take the risk, and FCS teams.... Hello Division II!!

Eight Legger
December 15th, 2007, 12:43 PM
How is it funny that a CAA team did not win? ASU is a great team and beat three of our best teams. Kudos to them. It doesn't matter what league they're from, they were the best team.

It doesn't make our league any less deserving of the 5 bids we got. Two of the 5 made it to the Final Four. We knocked out two of the four seeded teams, and beat a team that knocked out a third seed.

UNH 40
December 15th, 2007, 12:51 PM

So here's to App State

And to you haters...

I agree. Delaware had no chance, just nowhere near good enough to play with Edwards and crew. Flacco is the most overrated player that I have seen in recent years, can throw the call threw a wall, but unfortunately for his recievers he has no touch what so ever. Delawares success this season lies squarely on the shoulders of Omar Cuff, who is a tremendous talent, I tought that he was the best player on the field last night other than Edwards.

Congrats to App. State. Your team would compete very well with any team in the country, regardless of the division they play.

Polloloco
December 15th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Congrats ASU. You're the BEST in FCS!!!

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
December 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Congrats ASU!...I don't like it when people bitch about the refs and use it as an excuse, the refs are making calls for both teams...any statement that tries to say they were biased is just crazy