PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL 3-PEAT THREAD

ISUMatt
December 14th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Congrats Appalachian St and fans, this run is truely unreal, but I have to ask, which was better, beating Michigan @ the Big House, or beating Delaware tonight for the 3-peat? I mean you have won 2 before but beating Michigan at the Big House....

Mountaineer
December 14th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Impossible to choose. Both were special and fantastic ways to bookend the season. xnodx xbowx

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I think the UM win was bigger for fans who are more focused on the FBS. I think tonight's win is bigger for those who really know FCS football and our players.

mistersykes
December 15th, 2007, 01:22 AM
I'll take the championship every time. A championship is a season's worth of hard work. A game (albeit a huge one) is just one game.

chattanoogamocs
December 15th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Straight from Armanti Edwards in postgame

...you don't get a ring for beating Michigan.

mtnman
December 15th, 2007, 06:27 AM
the win last night to be #1 ,the best in the class you play in is bigger

OldRef
December 15th, 2007, 06:45 AM

Well Said!!

ASU Tailgaiteer
December 15th, 2007, 01:14 PM
The Michigan win would have felt shallow without the win last night

slycat
December 15th, 2007, 01:20 PM
from a no biased point of view i think the UM win was bigger as far as national coverage goes and bringing the school into the national spotlight. however a 3peat is very impressive as well and i think will be liked by the fans of app st more.

of course 20 years from now people across the nation will still remember when UM lost but not when app st won their third. just because we live in the fbs shadow.

spelunker64
December 15th, 2007, 01:21 PM
3 Peat

igo4uni
December 15th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Take the championship every time.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM
4-Peat anyone xeyebrowx xthumbsupx

Applete
December 15th, 2007, 03:12 PM
so Peat and 3-Peat were in a boat, one fell out............oh wait......

Seven Would Be Nice
December 15th, 2007, 03:28 PM
The sad truth is that beating a top ranked FBS team got more media coverage than a 3 year in a row national championship team.

ShgooseAPP
December 15th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Championship over the UM win anyday

yoself09
December 15th, 2007, 05:04 PM
does ASU get any love in the AP poll? xeyebrowx
would be amazing to see App ranked in the top 25 after the great season they have had

feb18blacksunday
December 15th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Gotta be winning the Championship. Michigan was a great win over a storied program, but winning the 16 team tournament is much sweeter. BCS people take notice there is a real Champion in our series.xthumbsupx

appsfan
December 15th, 2007, 06:20 PM
If I had to choose, I would take the Championship. However, I'd prefer both.;)

ERASU2113
December 15th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Congrats Appalachian St and fans, this run is truely unreal, but I have to ask, which was better, beating Michigan @ the Big House, or beating Delaware tonight for the 3-peat? I mean you have won 2 before but beating Michigan at the Big House....

I think Armanti said it best last night.

Beating Michigan was special and it will be remembered. But they would rather be remembered for winning three straight.

lizrdgizrd
December 15th, 2007, 08:20 PM
4-Peat anyone xeyebrowx xthumbsupx
It's not outside the realm of possibility. xchinscratchx

OB55
December 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

appfan2008
December 15th, 2007, 09:08 PM
The championship everytime...

I would much rather have finished this year 12-3 with a loss to UM and a fcs title than I would have finished 12-3 with a win over UM and a loss to UD last night...

ERASU2113
December 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
The championship everytime...

I would much rather have finished this year 12-3 with a loss to UM and a fcs title than I would have finished 12-3 with a win over UM and a loss to UD last night...

Agreed. beating Michigan was amazing, and probably nothing will be able to top it. It was the first time it's happened. Maybe some team will be a 1-4 but ASU was still the first team to be a ranked top 25 team....

However, winning three straight titles, is something that will be remembered forever. People will always look to see how they compared to the Mountaineers who won three in a row....

You never know, it could be four or more added to the three straight....

HiHiYikas
December 15th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Winning the title is better, of course. Publicity is a mixed blessing. If 98% of your fans are classy, and you pick up 50,000 new fans...guess what? You just picked up about a thousand new @-holes.

The Michigan game was a better game, though, because of the super-close-down-to-the-wire-dramatic ending. Sometimes I wonder how big the story would have been if ASU hadn't flubbed their way to a near-loss against an inferior team.

ASU 45, Michigan 32 would have been a big story, but not "play of the year" big.

bench
December 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Winning the title is better, of course. Publicity is a mixed blessing. If 98% of your fans are classy, and you pick up 50,000 new fans...guess what? You just picked up about a thousand new @-holes.

The Michigan game was a better game, though, because of the super-close-down-to-the-wire-dramatic ending. Sometimes I wonder how big the story would have been if ASU hadn't flubbed their way to a near-loss against an inferior team.

ASU 45, Michigan 32 would have been a big story, but not "play of the year" big.

Like the old Milton Berle joke, we had the good sense in Ann Arbor to only pull out as much as we needed to win. ;)

Pageoner
December 15th, 2007, 11:21 PM
should app st move to FBS? honestly.

and. does NDSU have a chance next season of destroying App?

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2007, 12:10 AM
should app st move to FBS? honestly.

and. does NDSU have a chance next season of destroying App?

App St returns it QB, NDSU does not. We'll see what the new season brings. Edwards is one of the great ones, able to lead his team to victory.

thmst30
December 16th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Destroying App? No. Beating us in the playoffs is possible because their good, but they ain't THAT good.

ASUG8
December 16th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I looked at it as an "either/or" situation. We either beat UM, got killed injury wise and lost the season, or we lost the game, preserved our starters, and remained competitive in the NC. I think to most App folk, we won both, with a lot of tests in between. Loads of respect given right here to GSU and WoCo, because you beat the best!!!!!

OL FU
December 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Congratulations Mountaineersxbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

rjg129
December 16th, 2007, 03:27 PM
The Michigan win would have felt shallow without the win last night

Ive said this all season longxthumbsupx

AppStateold299
December 16th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Both wins were special in their own right, but you have it perfect in saying that it would have been shallow without the championship win.

Rekdiver
December 16th, 2007, 08:17 PM
The UM game almost cost us a season. We were pretty beat up.

I've been to all 3 1-AA championships and was in Ann Arbor on row 93 (there are 96 rows). From a spectator's point of view, beating Michigan was more enjoyable and more validating for our program and all of 1-AA.
That was a big burden for the team to carry all year and that they followed through with another title is the most amazing story here. SO the answer to your question is... "beating UM"

jonmac
December 16th, 2007, 08:21 PM
My first thought after the Michigan win was "wow, we better win the championship now." So, well done Mountaineers. I'm sure the Wolverines were pulling for us too. That said, I was more excited about the Michigan win but more proud of the 3 peat. Have to say I would have been more proud if it were our first as well.

Grabholdofyosef
December 16th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I was so excited with the Michigan win, but when Armanti didnt play for a few weeks and then left the wofford game, I began to think that game may have taken its toll and could cost a chance at the playoffs. And all the press after the UM game made me realized without a championship everyone would probably say the win was a fluke (some fans even called it a fluke once we lost two games).

So with all that rambling, I would say the third championship was better.

Next year is gonna be even tougher though because trey wont be there as a safety net if armanti gets hurt and the expectations will be even higher. Even though I know the run will eventually end, it is still gonna be a heartbreaking day when it does (I started having those feelings at the end of the JMU game and didnt like it at all)

Blue Hen Nation
December 16th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Impossible to choose. Both were special and fantastic ways to bookend the season. xnodx xbowx

I think beating one of the perenial 1A powerhouses is more speacial. Either way, they kicked some arse! xthumbsupx

Black and Gold Express
December 16th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Both were equally important, just for different reasons. The UM win will end up doing more for the program though, it will be the standout moment for this program in 2007. Hell, to many it may be the standaout moment in all of college football for 2007.

The title is an extraordinary accomplishment, and I do not intend to degrade it. But if you look at which game will mean the most to the school, the UM game will always keep ASU's name out there. As was stated before, most people won't even remember we three-peated a few months from now, or at most it will be an afterthought. They'll all remember the UM win.

I'm just glad we got both.

hApPYaPpYFan
December 16th, 2007, 09:45 PM

Actually what he said was......."Michigan didn't put no ring on our finger"