PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to App. St.

GOKATS
December 14th, 2007, 10:39 PM
No doubt the National Champs!!

brownbear
December 14th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Agreed. Congratulations on making history!!

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Congrats to the players, coaches, and waterboys. Screw the fans. Classless embarrassments to our conference.

Shockerman
December 14th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Congrats on the national championship! Hopefully once we get Football back up and running our fans will have the passion of your fans. xbowx

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Congrats to the players, coaches, and waterboys. Screw the fans. Classless embarrassments to our conference.
Yeah screw all of us fans for those few who are classless. xrolleyesx xnonono2x

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Congrats App St xthumbsupx

mountaineertider
December 14th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Yes, I'll admit I was classless watching the game.

I began laughing when Trey ran into the endzone for that final score. But what a way for the kid to end his career.

Griz40
December 14th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Congrats App on another title. The team and players played a hard fought game tonight and came out on top. With that being said, I hope I don't watch you in next years title game! :)

Griz40
December 14th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Yes, I'll admit I was classless watching the game.

I began laughing when Trey ran into the endzone for that final score. But what a way for the kid to end his career.
I don't think any fan of football would fault that play at all!!! That was actually AWESOME for him!

jonmac
December 14th, 2007, 11:18 PM

Ah, it's nice to join the Eagles in that club. And I say that tounge in cheek because I have never encountered bad GSU fans but that seems to be the reputation. So just be careful how you criticize. The whole pot and kettle thing you know.

appstate38
December 14th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Congrats App on another title. The team and players played a hard fought game tonight and came out on top. With that being said, I hope I don't watch you in next years title game! :)

Why Not????

Just look at it this way... Tomorrow everybody is undefeated again!

SCPALADIN
December 14th, 2007, 11:19 PM
But what a way for the kid to end his career.

Couldn't agree more. It was great to see him score in the 4th...he deserved it.

RadMann
December 14th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Congratulations to the ASU team on the game!

dbackjon
December 14th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Congrats to ASU!

Dane96
December 14th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Great season APPY...you earned it. Should have more great things ahead with Armanti at the helm.

dungeonjoe
December 14th, 2007, 11:53 PM
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 15th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah screw all of us fans for those few who are classless. xrolleyesx xnonono2x

One bad apple spoils the bunch. A couple thousand rotten apples make the entire orchard look bad. There may be more good apples than bad, but the bad thousand apples taint the rest so bad that nobody would want any of those apples.

And should this become a continuous problem at a particular orchard, all of the apples look bad. Even though the good apples had nothing to do with the bad.

I pulled for you guys against Michigan. I pulled for you guys through the playoffs. I pulled for you guys tonight. I'm glad your team won, but the actions of thousands of your fans made your team, our conference, and our subdivision look really bad on National TV.

lizrdgizrd
December 15th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Why Not????

Just look at it this way... Tomorrow everybody is undefeated again!
Nope, once spring practice begins everyone will be undefeated again. xsmiley_wix

Fresno St. Alum
December 15th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Congrats to App St. 3Peat

Does this mean your president will be looking at FBS soon?

mtnman
December 15th, 2007, 06:15 AM
One bad apple spoils the bunch. A couple thousand rotten apples make the entire orchard look bad. There may be more good apples than bad, but the bad thousand apples taint the rest so bad that nobody would want any of those apples.

And should this become a continuous problem at a particular orchard, all of the apples look bad. Even though the good apples had nothing to do with the bad.

I pulled for you guys against Michigan. I pulled for you guys through the playoffs. I pulled for you guys tonight. I'm glad your team won, but the actions of thousands of your fans made your team, our conference, and our subdivision look really bad on National TV.they are just good fans that loves there football team whats wrong with that,a run like this does happen that often just look at gsu who would have thought that a fews years ago your football team would be where you at now ,at home the last few playoffs so we are enjoying it while it last see ya next year when us no good classless fans come to gsu.

APPALACHIANstate
December 15th, 2007, 06:44 AM

I pulled for you guys against Michigan. I pulled for you guys through the playoffs. I pulled for you guys tonight. I'm glad your team won, but the actions of thousands of your fans made your team, our conference, and our subdivision look really bad on National TV.

Honestly, it does not matter if you pulled for ASU. It does not matter than you continue to call us bad apples for some reason. Until you have been there (3-Peat) you can not say your fans wouldn't have done the same.

813Jag
December 15th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Hey App. St. fans, you think my Jags can borrow a few of your players next year? xconfusedx They'll be back in time for the playoffs. xlolx
But seriously congrats what a way to start and end a season. xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
December 15th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Congratulations, indeed!xthumbsupx Clearly, the better team won last night.

CSUBUCDAD
December 15th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Congrats to all the fans, coaches and players at App. State. You guys had a great season and I really enjoyed getting to see you play a few times. Enjoy the off season boys, 4 in a row is light years harder than a 3 peat. xthumbsupx

JBB
December 15th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Congratulations. Great team, great fans and great game.

Im sure Michigan was happy too.

spdram
December 15th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Congrats on the win! Obviously the better team won!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 15th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Congrats on a dominant performance!! With a three peat you now can talk about dynasty all you want. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

BlueHen86
December 15th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Congrats ASU!xthumbsupx

Well done. You were the better team last night. Great game and great season.xnodx

Congrats on your threepeat.xthumbsupx

AppStateold299
December 15th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Congrats to all the fans, coaches and players at App. State. You guys had a great season and I really enjoyed getting to see you play a few times. Enjoy the off season boys, 4 in a row is light years harder than a 3 peat. xthumbsupx

That is what everyone said about 2 in a row, and a 3 peat. Of course they are all hard and you need luck on your side (thanks JMU) to get any title. We just happen to have great players and a lot of luck to make it happen 3 times in a row. Congrats to all the players and coaches. I was stoked to see Elder end his career with a touchdown.

FurmanPaladins4138
December 15th, 2007, 11:37 AM
congratulations app...again...

89Hen
December 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Getting ready to board a plane back to DC and just wanted to say congrats to App St. You guys were clearly the better team last night and your fans were pretty incredible. Even if we had as many fans there as you, I don't think we would have been as loud. I hope to see the two teams play again in the future.

BTW, Chatty was a hoot. All you non-believers should have been there to see it. It felt like there were twice as many as 23k there during the day.

spelunker64
December 15th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Getting ready to board a plane back to DC and just wanted to say congrats to App St. You guys were clearly the better team last night and your fans were pretty incredible. Even if we had as many fans there as you, I don't think we would have been as loud. I hope to see the two teams play again in the future.

BTW, Chatty was a hoot. All you non-believers should have been there to see it. It felt like there were twice as many as 23k there during the day.

I'll be there next year...xrolleyesx

:D :D :D

slostang
December 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Congrats. What a great year for App. State. Started the year with one of the biggest upsets in college football and finished up with the three peat. AE is unreal.

BestOfBreed
December 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Rule #1 - It's almost impossible to beat App State with only 1 weeks preparation.

Congrats App State!

mistersykes
December 15th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Congrats to the team, coaches, and staff for working hard all year to stay on top despite everybody giving us their best shot. There was much more adversity to overcome this year than last, and I think the players feel really good to have worked through it. Thanks for the support everybody!

Nebuta
December 15th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Grats APP State. You guys played great last night. It was priviledge to witness history in the making.
:)

Check_YOSEF
December 15th, 2007, 04:16 PM

Bitter much?

BDmountainman
December 15th, 2007, 04:33 PM

A classless embarrassment to the conference would be Southerns fans and band running around and trash talking everyone they saw or would listen after they beat app at KBS. Granted they won the game and they were the better team that day, but i can guarentee that the app fans last night were doing nothing like that.

pbr1893
December 15th, 2007, 05:46 PM

When Ga. Southern played at Boone this year, a twenty something female said to a fan in front of several people, " Bitch, we've got 6 championships!" I was going to question what she scored on her SAT verbal but that might have gone over her head. I didnt like that trash and I don't like it from our side either. I thought that the crowd issue was dangerous but the NCAA chose that venue setup in the endzone. If you think your Eagle fans wouldnt run onto the field after a record 3 peat...you're mistaken. But then again, We'll probably never see that! xwhistlex

lizrdgizrd
December 15th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I would like to thank the coaches, players and staff for another great season of Mountaineer football. xbowx

GABison
December 15th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Congratulations, App. St. on a fine season! Way to start and end the season on a high note.:) :) :)

Panther88
December 15th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Congrats to App St on the FCS Championship! They were the strongest team in FCS this year. xthumbsupx

Appstate29
December 15th, 2007, 09:35 PM

I can see getting on the field being dumb, dangerous and immature, but its not classless, they stayed away from the deleware fans and players, take your sour grapes someone else.

ERASU2113
December 15th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I can see getting on the field being dumb, dangerous and immature, but its not classless, they stayed away from the deleware fans and players, take your sour grapes someone else.

Agreed.

Look, they crowded around the field which yes you can argue was stupid, immature, and a disgrace.

Did they attack or do anything to harm anyone from UD? No. They were excited and ready to celebrate. Respectfully.

GoColonels!
December 15th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Added congrats from Richmond KY. I remember the Mountaineers coming in here and getting crushed by the Colonels in 2003. Man that seems like a long time ago...
All hail the champs--Great work down in Boone!

APP91
December 15th, 2007, 10:24 PM

Nice, coming from a Ga. Southern Fan.
Pot, let me introduce you to kettlexnonox

APPride
December 15th, 2007, 10:46 PM
the congrats on this thread are appreciated by this App alum. xthumbsupx Ultimately this game was played on the field, the results are what they are and Appalachian State Football got the job done. xbowx xbowx The team accomplished what every team in FCS set out to do this year, thats win the championship. Thanks to everyone who is congratulating Appalachian State University for this accomplishment by our football team. :)

james_lawfirm
December 16th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Added congrats from Richmond KY. I remember the Mountaineers coming in here and getting crushed by the Colonels in 2003. Man that seems like a long time ago...
All hail the champs--Great work down in Boone!

Thanks. But I think the Mountaineers won that game (or am I thinking of '05?). I was there for one game (I think there was only one in the last 5 years). Did we play and lose in '03? The turning point in the '05 game was the play on the last second of the first half when Corey Lynch tackled the EKU punt returner on the 1 foot line after a LOONNNGG return. EKU was within a TD, and had he scored, the momentum would have swung to EKU.

Touchdown Yosef
December 16th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I personally don't see fans gathering on the sidelines as the game winds down as classless. That jump down from the wall is farther than it looks so if the game is decided and everyone is going to run anyway let everyone come down to the sidelines under control and helping one another along the way. The true acts of class were fans helping fans over the wall that they didn't know and will probably never see again. The only classless acts I witnessed during the game were a few late hits and a police officer being pelted in the side of the head with a football.