PDA

View Full Version : Dear App State..., I Apologize

Block-A
December 14th, 2007, 10:26 PM
I apologize for thinking that our special teams were going to finally cost us, big.

I apologize for thinking that some really awful tackling might finally catch up to us (you, but I count myself among you).

I apologize for thinking that Flacco was really a superior QB, a QB like we (once again, I am there) hadn't yet played.

I apologize for thinking that Omar Cuff would not be contained.

I apologize for thinking that you had forgotten Kevin Richardson played RB.

I apologize for thinking that we slacked off across the board once we had the lead....

That's it. though. No more apologies! I'm not sorry about anything else. This was , yet another, fantastic season, and I sure hope we see another.

Go, Apps!

(TD Elder!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!)

Sorry, Hens!

SCPALADIN
December 14th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Wow...watching the last 3 minutes...App State fans, as usual, showing the immense amount of class that we've all come to expect. Priceless.

Congrats on the win. Your fans are an embarrassment. 40-50 year old men drunk on the sidelines screaming and yelling like idiots...amazing.

douglasdmb
December 14th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Wow...watching the last 3 minutes...App State fans, as usual, showing the immense amount of class that we've all come to expect. Priceless.

This is ridiculous. Do you really rush the field after your third straight title?

Block-A
December 14th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Well, now, I think that is ridiculous. The goalposts need to come down, the field rushed, every once and a while, sure, but.... It's not spontaneous anymore! It really has become overkill, and it sure would be nice if the game were OVER rather than INTERRUPTED....

On the other hand...

Wooohooo!

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2007, 11:10 PM
This is ridiculous. Do you really rush the field after your third straight title?

I think it's allowed. xrulesx

Crowding the field for the last 3 minutes is somewhat overboard though. xmadx

Block-A
December 14th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Hey!

Bitch and moan about the fans at the game, or a couple of ghost penalties, but even if App had walked to the locker room w/ four minutes left, Delaware would still have lost.

appstate38
December 14th, 2007, 11:30 PM

Congrats on the win. Your fans are an embarrassment. 40-50 year old men drunk on the sidelines screaming and yelling like idiots...amazing.

WOW I think you should really think about marketing that invention that can detect a person's level of intoxication from the comfort of your living room on TV. Furman Paladins new colors Greenand white

SCPALADIN
December 14th, 2007, 11:32 PM
WOW I think you should really think about marketing that invention that can detect a person's level of intoxication from the comfort of your living room on TV. Furman Paladins new colors Greenand white

xcoffeex Weak...

Detecting the level of one's intoxication on this board, however, is quite easy...xbeerchugx

appstate38
December 14th, 2007, 11:37 PM
xcoffeex Weak...

Detecting the level of one's intoxication on this board, however, is quite easy...xbeerchugx

Yeah you are right.... The knights are WAY to civil to be that excited about being National Champs.

oldsouthernman
December 14th, 2007, 11:47 PM
so is sniffing out a Thurston Howell the 3rd type cocky FU fan. Trashing App shows your lack of class and loyalty. How is Bobby "Big Game" little Lamb doing? Typical of you to bring up posters drinking habits. Imagine a man drinking too much while he watches a football game. And not using correct english on a message board. Enjoy your little gated suburban baptist enclave.

SCPALADIN
December 15th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Enjoy your little gated suburban baptist enclave.

Furman cut all ties to the Southern Baptists over 15 years ago...lighten up Clarence. And as far as Bobby Lamb is concerned...I've NEVER been a fan. I have no idea how he is doing, nor do I care.xthumbsupx

Check_YOSEF
December 15th, 2007, 04:25 PM

Bitter much?

jus10asu
December 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Once again, people amaze me at their bitterness. I mean seriously are you telling my if your school just made history and won 3 (1 , 2 , 3 ) national titles, that you wouldn't be excited. I was in that mob of people and actually what happened was there were about 20 people who started going down there and then the people at the top of the hill started pushing the rest of the crowd on the field. I feel like classifying Appalachian's entire student body and fans as classless drunks is ridiculous. Have you ever been to a NC State or UNC or Clemson game? Please spare me the crying about our fans being disrespectful. Yes I do believe that the going on the field was very premature. But quit bashing all of Appalachian for it. I guess what doesn't make the message boards are the droves of belligerent UD fans that I witnessed. I even saw one throw a beer bottle and hit (I believe it was Scott Suttle) Scott Suttle's mom. At no point does winning a national championship get old to the point where you shouldn't rush the field. So how about you people quit whining about the fans and the refs and congratulate ASU's football team for doing something amazing. With that said. TREY ELDER IS THE MAN!!! I was sooo happy to see him run that TD in. He deserved that more than anybody on the team. Now that is a classy and respectable guy. xbowx xbowx xbowx

'neers80
December 15th, 2007, 05:21 PM
as a 2003 graduate, having grown up in boone and having attended all three national championships, and the immense love i have for our school, i was not impressed with the way many of our fans carried themselves.

we have the right to storm the field if we win ten times in a row ... its the ultimate accomplishment and there is no harm in swarming our team and cheering until we are voiceless.

however, our reputation around the country is starting to develop a reputation of another mountaineer school ... west virginia. sure those who make fools of themselves in their drunken state will foolishly defend themselves as being fans, excited and having the right to celebrate any way they want ... and they will ignore this thread. but it must be said from within ... that if we want to be known as a classy championship program, we should act the part. in no way is it a good representation to be hateful in what we say, in the things we throw, and state we carry ourselves.

the way we act matters. our team isnt the only thing people see. we should respond the same way our team does on the field. no smack, just being the best and cheering our hearts out. we should learn another message from michigan, the people up there were so gracious to us after they were humiliated, how much more we should be when we're winning.

we are the best, we should act like we know it!

SCPALADIN
December 15th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Have you ever been to a NC State or UNC or Clemson game? Please spare me the crying about our fans being disrespectful.

TREY ELDER IS THE MAN!!! I was sooo happy to see him run that TD in. He deserved that more than anybody on the team. Now that is a classy and respectable guy. xbowx xbowx xbowx

NC State...Yes
UNC...Yes
Clemson...(Twice...again this year)
I've been to 75%+ of Furman away games over the past decade, including an amazing OT loss at Pitt. I've been to Boone 5 times in the past 10 or so years. The past two times I've been to Boone I've had my car dented in, obscenities hurled at my wife, flags and magnets stolen and beer cans/bottles thrown at the caravan of 3-4 cars while driving out of the parking garage. I've never experienced anything remotely close to this at any other 1A or 1AA school. It's too bad when a few bad apples ruin things for the rest. The worst was in '05 watching a group of 5 or so App fans yelling things at a group of 60+ year old Furman fans as they walked up the hill to the stadium. What do ya do...xnonono2x
Worst thing a Clemson fan ever yelled at me was, "Dude, we beat you"...which I thought was pretty funny. Its unfortunate that Boone and Statesboro are the only two places that we won't tailgate since it is almost inevitable that some drunk moron will start ***** within a few hours. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that y'all have owned us up in Boone for while now. App used to be my and my friends favorite away game to tailgate and drink a few with opposing fans...amazing how things change.

Trey Elder is the man. It was awesome to see him score that TD in the 4th. He personifies the word class and has displayed this through the way he has accepted his role on the team...yet another ASU recruit that I wish we had the past few years.

ASUG8
December 16th, 2007, 12:20 AM
SC Paladin -
Don't hate us all for that - the bad things stick with you, but you forget the good. We're like every other school - 95% good fans, and the 5% that make the papers. Please don't make a sweeping generalization about App folks on what you saw - many of us are alumni, and very accomodating.

Appaholic69
December 16th, 2007, 12:39 AM
No matter which thread I go to today all I read about is how our fans behaved. I was at the game and I was fortunate not to see any of our fans doing anything classless before the game started. I do agree that coming on to the field with 3:14 left in the game was very premature. That being said, I don't think that taking the field when the game is over is a bad thing.

I do want to start something however. I want to start a thread in which App fans will committ to making sure that our team is honored in the way that we fans act. I'm starting this by promising that if I ever, and I mean EVER see an Appalachian fan behave in a disrespectful way before, during or after a game that I will do my best to stop them.

We are champions! And now we must take on the responsibility of behaving like champions. Our team has worked hard for 3 consecutive years to live up to their responsibilities and bring the bling home to Appalachian. Join me in this promise! Show your true championship spirit and state now that you will help make Appalachian be the best experience ever!!! For EVERYONE!!!

xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

SoCon48
December 16th, 2007, 12:40 AM

Guess you missed the fact that it was the first to win 3 in a row!!!

asu7
December 16th, 2007, 12:58 AM
NC State...Yes
UNC...Yes
Clemson...(Twice...again this year)
I've been to 75%+ of Furman away games over the past decade, including an amazing OT loss at Pitt. I've been to Boone 5 times in the past 10 or so years. The past two times I've been to Boone I've had my car dented in, obscenities hurled at my wife, flags and magnets stolen and beer cans/bottles thrown at the caravan of 3-4 cars while driving out of the parking garage. I've never experienced anything remotely close to this at any other 1A or 1AA school. It's too bad when a few bad apples ruin things for the rest. The worst was in '05 watching a group of 5 or so App fans yelling things at a group of 60+ year old Furman fans as they walked up the hill to the stadium. What do ya do...xnonono2x
Worst thing a Clemson fan ever yelled at me was, "Dude, we beat you"...which I thought was pretty funny. Its unfortunate that Boone and Statesboro are the only two places that we won't tailgate since it is almost inevitable that some drunk moron will start ***** within a few hours. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that y'all have owned us up in Boone for while now. App used to be my and my friends favorite away game to tailgate and drink a few with opposing fans...amazing how things change.

Trey Elder is the man. It was awesome to see him score that TD in the 4th. He personifies the word class and has displayed this through the way he has accepted his role on the team...yet another ASU recruit that I wish we had the past few years.

Both sides have their bad apples ....

in 05 at the semis FU fans brought a sign that spelled out MOUNTAINQUEERS

I am sure you did not tolerate that ....

as I do not tolerate what APP fans do but we as fans can only do so much to control other fans ... so do not blame us ....

I am not going to jail for whopping the **** out of a drunk student who needs it ....