PDA

View Full Version : For those ASU/UD unable to attend the Game

appstate38
December 14th, 2007, 06:05 AM
The official pre-game thread: What, Where and with whom are you watching the game tonight.

It will be my son, my wife and I watching tonight at home. My father is in Chatty for the game. Sucks that we weren't able to get there this year.

Good luck to both teams.

eddyg
December 14th, 2007, 06:08 AM
I unfortunately have a calc final from 8-10, after that I'm going back to Jersey and watching the game at home on the bigscreen with a bunch of friends ;)

93henfan
December 14th, 2007, 07:32 AM
After going to the Blue Hen Corporate Center today and flipping my lucky coin into the fountain (my big game superstition), I will be watching the game in the cozy comfort of my living room on crystal clear high definition with a Milton, Delaware-brewed Dogfish Head beer in my hand.

GO HENS!!!

BlueHen86
December 14th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I unfortunately have a calc final from 8-10, after that I'm going back to Jersey and watching the game at home on the bigscreen with a bunch of friends ;)
Calc - my favorite. Which calc. are you taking? Good luck.

Here's a warm up: What is the derivative of x raised to the x power?

zymergy
December 14th, 2007, 08:27 AM
In my basement Home Theater with some Dogfish also. I thank my wife often for allowing me to have The Man Cave. 92" screen w/ full 7.1 surround. Next comes pool table and bar when I find the funds.

LacesOut
December 14th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Some of the first half at home, most of the second half at a local bar/restaurant in Newark or Wilmington, DE.

Rob Iola
December 14th, 2007, 08:42 AM

c'mon - with a Simpson's avatar you need to channel the episode where Bart cheated on the GT entrance exam and ended up in nerd school - "r dr r Bart!"

Rob Iola
December 14th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Anyway, thanks to our bone-headed AD I'll be sitting in the comfort of my Northern Virginia family room with the game in HD surrounded by dogs, kids, wife, dad (coming down from Delaware today to watch with us), all while posting on the official AGS thread. We had planned to go to Chatty like we did in '03, but since we're not STHs we had no reasonably-priced shot to get tix.

AshevilleApp
December 14th, 2007, 08:49 AM
In Asheville at Wild Wings...go Apps

AppChicago
December 14th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Some of the Chicago app kids will all be at a joint called "Feed the Beast". I'd love to be at the game. I made it down last year, but couldn't swing it this year. We'll be eating and drinking anything but Dogfish.

mountaineertider
December 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
In my living room in front of the big screen, tv muted, with DJ on the radio.

Oldhen
December 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Some of the Chicago app kids will all be at a joint called "Feed the Beast". I'd love to be at the game. I made it down last year, but couldn't swing it this year. We'll be eating and drinking anything but Dogfish.

Your loss...

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093

AppChicago
December 14th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Your loss...

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093

Oh. It's delicious. But today? It'd taste somewhere between cat pee and old lady drool.

I'll have a Fat Tire instead. xnodx

89Hen
December 14th, 2007, 09:16 AM
On the way to Nooga right now. On my laptop riding on I-85 almost to Atlanta. Have passed several AppSt cars. I've got my YouDee hat and I rolled down the window and everyone in the App car waved like I was a fellow App fan... then they actuall look and realize I'm a Hen fan. Hillarious to see the reaction. xlolx xthumbsupx

It's sunny and beautiful!!!

ASUG8
December 14th, 2007, 09:16 AM
My wife flies into Charlotte at 6:45, about :10 from my brother's house. Hopefully I can get away from here a bit early and go to his place tonight. His boss decided to change his Christmas party to an App viewing party, so we'll likely go over there and "tailgate".

Man, I wish I was in Chatty. I'd like to tailgate, but I'll look like an idiot standing out in the front yard freezing my @$$ off with a flask in my back pocket 200 miles from the game.

eddyg
December 14th, 2007, 09:54 AM

I'm only in 221 but i think that'd be x^x(lnx +1)

roysboi12
December 14th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Unfortunately I had 8 and 4 o'clock exams, so I'm racing home from Chapel Hill to make it in time to watch the game on 50 inches of Sony High Definition, complete with a 12 pack of Natty. I wish I could be there, my dad had a 15 pound pork shoulder on the grill at 8:30 this morning in Chattanooga.

BlueHen86
December 14th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I'm only in 221 but i think that'd be x^x(lnx +1)
That would be correct. I remember that problem from 242. I was the only person who got it right on an exam. I never let my roommate, who had taken the same test, forget it.:D

tralfangar
December 14th, 2007, 10:15 AM
wakin up at 2am to listen to the game on the internet!

Dixiedawg80
December 14th, 2007, 10:18 AM
After telling my brother goodbye this morning as he headed off to Chatty, I will be at home with my wife and kids, some friends are coming over as well. Would love to be there but had to keep the shop open.

mcveyrl
December 14th, 2007, 10:23 AM
On the way to Nooga right now. On my laptop riding on I-85 almost to Atlanta. Have passed several AppSt cars. I've got my YouDee hat and I rolled down the window and everyone in the App car waved like I was a fellow App fan... then they actuall look and realize I'm a Hen fan. Hillarious to see the reaction. xlolx xthumbsupx

It's sunny and beautiful!!!

Um...tell me your brother's driving...

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I'll be watching from the comfort of my living room with some cold Yuengling. xthumbsupx

NC Aggie
December 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM

let's re-phrase..... x raised to the y power. Now don't ask me any complicated stuff like substitution uv-int vdu (ouch)

y*x^(y-1)

Dixiedawg80
December 14th, 2007, 11:07 AM
good lord with the math, there has to be a forum out there somewhere for that...

RadMann
December 14th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I'll be watching here at home on my HD TV. While I enjoy getting the game on TV obviously, UD is the only sports team I still get "hyped up" about when I watch a game. I've been going to UD games and watching the team since I was a young kid growing up in Newark. When I was a kid I was that same way with UD and with the Orioles especially when they made it to the playoffs, but baseball does not get me like that anymore with all of the inter-league play, free agency, etc. (baseball lost its ability to get me emotionally tied into the game over 10 years ago). I still get that way watching UD in the playoffs and while it is not great for the blood pressure, it is great that there is still a team I can feel that way about! :)

APPStrongNC
December 14th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Cannot make it to the game however, myself, and my two friends will be in front on my 19" old non HDTV TV with a 6 of PBR and a 6 Sammy's with some other brew more than likely going for a 3 PEAT.......While the wife goes shopping with friends. I got her to watch the Richmond game, but not for long.

GO APP STATE

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Cannot make it to the game however, myself, and my two friends will be in front on my 19" old non HDTV TV with a 6 of PBR and a 6 Sammy's with some other brew more than likely going for a 3 PEAT.......While the wife goes shopping with friends. I got her to watch the Richmond game, but not for long.

GO APP STATE
My wife has already agreed to absent herself from the living room while the game is on. :D

BlueHen86
December 14th, 2007, 11:55 AM
let's re-phrase..... x raised to the y power. Now don't ask me any complicated stuff like substitution uv-int vdu (ouch)

y*x^(y-1)

with respect to x: (y-1)yx^(y-2)

with respect to y: ylog(x)x^(y-1)+x^(y-1)

clintc
December 14th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Anybody know if the game will be replayed at a different time and place.??

Gotta work tonight

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Anybody know if the game will be replayed at a different time and place.??

Gotta work tonight
DVR/Tivo it!

eddyg
December 14th, 2007, 12:35 PM
That would be correct. I remember that problem from 242. I was the only person who got it right on an exam. I never let my roommate, who had taken the same test, forget it.:D

You ever take 230 (Finite math)? I'm taking it in the winter and have no idea what to expect.xeyebrowx

jbuggASU
December 14th, 2007, 12:39 PM
In the same sports bar at the same booth I sat to watch the Michigan game (Hugos in Greensboro) Go Apps! xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
December 14th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Junior Ivy and I will be "sneaking peeks" during a family dinner with the in-laws.:)

chanharrison
December 14th, 2007, 02:54 PM
i am gonna be in greensboro too.. might have to look ya up
i was thinking of going to J butlers!!

SunCoastBlueHen
December 14th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I have the same set of friends coming over tonight that I watched the first three rounds with - all FBS school grads. The first round I took a lot of ribbing about FCS football like "Isn't there a good High School game on?" The second round was a much better game and I took less ribbing. Last week, the guys all seemed to really be into the game (even talked about making a road trip ro Chatty). This week, they called me to ask where I was watching the game. I think I made some converts to the excitement of playoff / FCS football. It doesn't hurt that they like to gamble a bit. My one friend has parlayed the Hens (+7.5) and the over (68) for what he called "a sizable amount". I sure hope he collects. xthumbsupx

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 14th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Watching the game with my father-in-law this evening. We are season ticket holders......my gift to them each year.....and they even went to Chatty with us in 2004. The women are actually baking cookies this evening....annual "cookie day" at our house. My daughter is home from college and my son will be home next weekend. His part time job is keeping him in Harrisonburg until next weekend.

Go Hens.....30 minutes and counting...

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I will be enjoying the game from the comfort of my living room.

My dad and brother are UD grads in 'Nooga.

I wish we were sitting on opposite sides of the stadium. It would have been one heck of a family reunion.