PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: Dream Matchup

CSN-info
December 14th, 2007, 12:30 AM
The CSN Way: Dream Matchup
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

Before this Friday, the only way fans would be able to determine the winner of a fantasy matchup between Delaware and Appalachian State would be to put a copy of EA Sports’ NCAA ’08 in your Playstation. But the Playoff Gods have spoken, and this Friday in Chattanooga, the world will be looking to Chattanooga when the two playoff survivors face off for the Division I National Championship.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89488

LehighFan11
December 14th, 2007, 01:23 AM
The CSN Way: Dream Matchup
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

Before this Friday, the only way fans would be able to determine the winner of a fantasy matchup between Delaware and Appalachian State would be to put a copy of EA Sports’ NCAA ’08 in your Playstation. But the Playoff Gods have spoken, and this Friday in Chattanooga, the world will be looking to Chattanooga when the two playoff survivors face off for the Division I National Championship.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89488

Except NCAA '08 doesn't have FCS teams like App St or Delaware. Good article though.

james_lawfirm
December 14th, 2007, 06:24 AM
63 - 47??? WOW!

93henfan
December 14th, 2007, 07:37 AM
63 - 47??? WOW!

Cocaine is a helluva drug (spoken in the voice of Rick James).

That guy is smoking crack with that score. Yes, it will be high-scoring, but lets not insult the U of D with a score like that.

FCSFAN
December 14th, 2007, 09:58 AM
63 - 47??? WOW!
Yes, it will be high-scoring, but lets not insult the U of D with a score like that.Sat 11/10/2007 Richmond at Delaware, Richmond 62-56
Fri 12/7/2007 Richmond at Appalachian St, Appalachian St 55-35

Where's the insult?

TheValleyRaider
December 14th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Sat 11/10/2007 Richmond at Delaware, Richmond 62-56

Where's the insult?

That UR game was in the 30s before they hit 5 OTs xtwocentsx

AZGrizFan
December 14th, 2007, 10:15 AM
That UR game was in the 30s before they hit 5 OTs xtwocentsx

Facts schmacks.

Maybe the NC games goes to 6 OT's. xlolx xlolx

FCS Preview
December 14th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Except NCAA '08 doesn't have FCS teams like App St or Delaware.

Really? I have NCAA 05 I think....had all the (then) I-AA schools in it; I put Hofstra in the Big East, kicking out Rutgers (who sucked back then).

Lehigh Football Nation
December 14th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Really? I have NCAA 05 I think....had all the (then) I-AA schools in it; I put Hofstra in the Big East, kicking out Rutgers (who sucked back then).

Same here... but IMO it gets boring not playing a playoff for a true championship. Really! xnodx

If the Michigan win wasn't enough to give EA Sports interest in putting the FCS teams in there (COMPLETE WITH PLAYOFFS) I don't know what will. xnonono2x

URMite
December 14th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Sat 11/10/2007 Richmond at Delaware, Richmond 62-56

Where's the insult?

On 11/10, no one had more than 38 points in regulation. But I do see your point. If last week was a typical game for the ASU offense and UR defense, then I could easily see a prediction of ASU 70 UD 59. But that would also assume no turnovers or miscues by either team.

Not that the game will actually end up that way. ASU should be favored, but UD has a much better chance of keeping up with ASU than we did. The question is will they? or will there be enough errors by both teams that they don't need to?

One last point about last week. After seeing him, Armanti is the perfect weapon against the UR defense. A small, quick, north-south ball carrier (I'm glad we didn't see Foster). I was expecting him to be like most mobile QBs but better. Roll out, look downfield then try to get outside of containment - instead often the pass option was a fake and he would just look for a hole instead of the outside.

Back on topic, I think he means 63 seems high given that the UD defense gave up 34,35,38 to JMU, UNH, UR in regulation and only gave up more to navy. In that context and in isolation it does look high. But if you look at how many possessions each team will have and how few times each will be stopped, then the winner having 63 is not that far out of line (with TOs and penalties being the wildcard).

Lehigh Football Nation
December 14th, 2007, 01:08 PM
We'll see. I'm thinking this will be a shootout.