PDA

View Full Version : Payton and Buch awards

wapiti
December 13th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I could not find a thread discussing the finalists so I'm starting one.

Who are the finalists?
Who is the favorite to win?

I heard Daly and Biermann are finalists for the Buch award.
I will be a homer and say Daly should win. xthumbsupx

Discuss

ASUMountaineer
December 13th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I could not find a thread discussing the finalists so I'm starting one.

Who are the finalists?
Who is the favorite to win?

I heard Daly and Biermann are finalists for the Buch award.
I will be a homer and say Daly should win. xthumbsupx

Discuss

Well the finalists for the Payton are Foster, Johnson, and Sanders. As for Buch I have not heard anything about who it is down to. As a homer, I hope Lynch gets it, but I don't know that he will be up there.

roysboi12
December 13th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Obviously I'm biased, but I can't imagine another defensive player that has been as clutch and had as much of an impact on the game as Corey Lynch this year.

USDFAN_55
December 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Beofre this turns into a Homer thread.... it's safe to say there are a lot of deserving players on both lists. It's an honor to even be on it. Congrats to all the players on the two listsxthumbsupx

srgrizizen
December 13th, 2007, 02:56 PM
egriz.com is reporting that Kroy Biermann has won the Buchanon award. So far, this seems to be an unconfirmed rumor, however.

smallcollegefbfan
December 13th, 2007, 03:04 PM
egriz.com is reporting that Kroy Biermann has won the Buchanon award. So far, this seems to be an unconfirmed rumor, however.

I had guessed Biermann and Foster to win the two awards.

GOKATS
December 13th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know what time the Buchanan award presentation is and if there is any media coverage available?

Thanks

WildcatFan
December 13th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know what time the Buchanan award presentation is and if there is any media coverage available?

Thanks

First one to post the winners will be the Sports Network:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/indexpic.htm

GrizFoo
December 13th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Armanti Edwards - on the list or not even after missing games, GrizFoo says he is the best offensive player in the country. But damn there are some studs in the FCS isn't there...as per usual.
Kroy Bierman - Homer vote - But the kid never quits and never lets up. Not that he is the only one with that attitude....like I say Homer vote, and haven't seen enough of the other guys or payed enough attention to them when I did watch them.

GrizRchattybound
December 13th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Amazing how close the final vote was...congrats to all nominated.

WOW!!

thmst30
December 13th, 2007, 06:49 PM
DAMN, congrats Griz player, but DAMN Lynch deserved it too. Wish it could have been a tie. Hes played his ass off for 4 years and came up with too many clutch game winning plays to count, most of them this year. DAMN I feel for him.

GrizFoo
December 13th, 2007, 07:08 PM
DAMN, congrats Griz player, but DAMN Lynch deserved it too. Wish it could have been a tie. Hes played his ass off for 4 years and came up with too many clutch game winning plays to count, most of them this year. DAMN I feel for him.

I'm sure Biermann would trade the Buchanan and any other award to be where Lynch and his team are right now so I doubt Lynch is too disappointed right now.

Congrats to all who were nominated...that in itself is a HUGE accomplishment. I think most agree that usually these awards are too tough to call, rarely is there someone far and above the rest of the field and a clear winner, but the award has to be given to someone.

USDTorero
December 13th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Congratlations to both Biermann and Foster, two well-deserving recipients who had tremendous seasons.

Also good to see one school with finalists placing in the top 5 for both awards, the University of San Diego. Definitely a reflection upon the success that this program has achieved over the past few years. Despite the criticism of some of the fans, or the schedule, or whatever, this team has put a quality, consistent winner on the field year in and year out, in large part because of great players like Josh Johnson and Eric Bakhtiari.

Expect great things from these two quality guys in their near futures, and look for similar success stories from USD teams and players alike as this program continues to build upon what it's started.

And of course good luck to the remaining participants in the National Championship game this weekend.