PDA

View Full Version : Chatty opening up more tix?

Appstate29
December 12th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Have they made a decision yet?

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Thought all the tickets were sold?

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Read somewhere that Appalachian sold 8000 and Delaware sold 3000 that totals 11000. We have had what... 25k in the stadium the last two? SO, this leads me to believe that they will be selling more! I'm not gonna say yes they are but I would believe so!

Mike G.
December 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
App sold 10k

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 10:10 PM
We had 22k last year, there will be less this year because the grass bleachers were removed due to idiotic NCAA. Plus all remaining tickets were pre-sold locally through Chatty's ticket office. There are no more, just the ones on Ebay and on the streets before gameday.

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 10:10 PM
App sold 10k
We wanted 10k, but got declined. We sold around 8k.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM
we actually only recieved 7800 not 8000...

and all tickets have been sold and thanks to the idiots at the ncaa they took away 2000 by removint the bleachers under the scoreboard

GGASU
December 12th, 2007, 10:26 PM
We had 22k last year, there will be less this year because the grass bleachers were removed due to idiotic NCAA. Plus all remaining tickets were pre-sold locally through Chatty's ticket office. There are no more, just the ones on Ebay and on the streets before gameday.

Actually they sold more tickets this year than last. The number of SRO sold this year, according to the UTC informant about 1000 more than last.
Over 11000 tickets were sold locally (Mostly ASU fans) before the semi-finals.

The UTC guy has also stated that the hill and the grass area just beyond the endzone will be opened up for people with SRO tickets.

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I'm just glad to have an actual seat this year. Last two years I had to wait on the walk ways to find an open spot. This year i'm in section 109 WOOT.

chattanoogamocs
December 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I got a hold of my old boss Merrill Eckstein (director of the Chattanooga sports committee) and asked him about pertinent questions concerning tickets, tailgating, etc, etc.

Shuttles and Parking?

There are no shuttles to the game. There is a large grass lot on the South side of the stadium (the one directly in front of the main entrance is all VIP parking), a large lot on the North side (where most of the tailgating goes on) and a smaller lost adjacent the pavilion (also tailgating).

If you are in hotels like the Chattanoogan, Staybridge, Choo Choo, Marriott, Days Inn Rivergate, it is best to just walk.

Everything else is first come first serve...be careful to note areas with no parking signs (and private lots). You probably won't get towed, but you could get a ticket.

Note the two side streets by the stadium are closed during the events.

Tailgating

Tailgating in the North lot and the side lot to the Pavilion are first come, first serve. Merrill said he knew the lost would be open by noon, but it could be as early as 10am. Space are $5. Larger vehicles are allowed, but you pay by how many spaces you will take up.

Some people do also tailgate in the South grass lot, but the real action is in the North lot and next to the Pavilion.

LONG LINES

Due to the high volume of patrons, Eckstein warned people to get in their seats early. Last year many people tailgated right up until kickoff and then were upset because they couldn't walk straight in. He suggests that people get in line no later than 7:30. You've been warned

Tickets, Standing Room Only and the Temporary Bleachers

There are no more tickets to be had...but this year is guaranteed to set another record (over 23,000).

After talking to Eckstein, the reason for not using the bleachers is valid. The bleachers were not terribly stable, they had no backs (worrying about someone falling off) and the fencing was destroyed (which the sports committee had to pay for)...and it looked bad on national TV seeing the fencing strewn all over the place.

So, here is the policy the two endzone (plaza and grass hill) will be "blocked off", sectioned off, whatever you want to call it. The only people allowed into those areas will be the one's with G.A./SRO tickets (this is to keep people massing in the endzones). The grass hill will be available to sit on (with a lot of security on the field in that endzone).

By doing it all this way, they actually sold more tickets this year than last year.
So, hope it helps.

thmst30
December 12th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I got a hold of my old boss Merrill Eckstein (director of the Chattanooga sports committee) and asked him about pertinent questions concerning tickets, tailgating, etc, etc.

Shuttles and Parking?

There are no shuttles to the game. There is a large grass lot on the South side of the stadium (the one directly in front of the main entrance is all VIP parking), a large lot on the North side (where most of the tailgating goes on) and a smaller lost adjacent the pavilion (also tailgating).

If you are in hotels like the Chattanoogan, Staybridge, Choo Choo, Marriott, Days Inn Rivergate, it is best to just walk.

Everything else is first come first serve...be careful to note areas with no parking signs (and private lots). You probably won't get towed, but you could get a ticket.

Tailgating

Tailgating in the North lot and the side lot to the Pavilion are first come, first serve. Merrill said he knew the lost would be open by noon, but it could be as early as 10am. Space are $5. Larger vehicles are allowed, but you pay by how many spaces you will take up.

Some people do also tailgate in the South grass lot, but the real action is in the North lot and next to the Pavilion.

LONG LINES

Due to the high volume of patrons, Eckstein warned people to get in their seats early. Last year many people tailgated right up until kickoff and then were upset because they couldn't walk straight in. He suggests that people get in line no later than 7:30. You've been warned

There are no more tickets to be had...but this year is guaranteed to set another record (over 23,000).

After talking to Eckstein, the reason for not using the bleachers is valid. The bleachers were not terribly stable, they had no backs (worrying about someone falling off) and the fencing was destroyed (which the sports committee had to pay for)...and it looked bad on national TV seeing the fencing strewn all over the place.

So, here is the policy the two endzone (plaza and grass hill) will be "blocked off", sectioned off, whatever you want to call it. The only people allowed into those areas will be the one's with G.A./SRO tickets (this is to keep people massing in the endzones). The grass hill will be available to sit on (with a lot of security on the field in that endzone).

By doing it all this way, they actually sold more tickets this year than last year.
So, hope it helps.
Well then, I like it better that way. The App fans will certainly be no strangers to sitting on a grass hill, and anything to get more fans in is a +. Dare I say it, the NCAA may have gotten this one right boys.xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2007, 11:30 PM
they still got the grass bank available.

JayJ79
December 12th, 2007, 11:37 PM
The grass hill will be available to sit on (with a lot of security on the field in that endzone).

I hope they have tazers and pepper spray. I love seeing those clips where fans try to rush the field and they get zapped and whatnot.

ERASU2113
December 12th, 2007, 11:51 PM
I hope they have tazers and pepper spray. I love seeing those clips where fans try to rush the field and they get zapped and whatnot.

That had it on '05 I believe. Don't think they had it last year. I mean of 22k....18-19k were ASU fans. Would have been pointless to try xthumbsupx

Besides they use it around the goal posts. The ones at Finely are the collapsable ones.

chattanoogamocs
December 12th, 2007, 11:55 PM

There are no plans to impede people from the field at the end of the game (as long is the don't cut up the field or go anywhere near the goalposts).

The security is because it is an open endzone to the field...the police presence will be to make sure no one gets the brilliant idea (like the, cough, ASU girl last year) and try and run on the field during the game.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 11:57 PM
thanks for the info chatt... i usually like to be in my seat early but i will take that advice to heart and get in line extra early

Appaholic69
December 13th, 2007, 09:10 AM

Shuttles and Parking?

Tailgating

LONG LINES

So, hope it helps.

That's a lot of great information. I write news here in Boone and would like to get it out to all of the App faithful going to the game. Can you give me Mr. Eckstein's number or email so I can get it directly from him for the news. It would be great if you did. You can send it to [email protected]

Appaholic69
December 13th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Nevermind chattanoogamocs, I found it. Thanks anyway!

unicat87
December 13th, 2007, 09:55 AM
That's a lot of great information. I write news here in Boone and would like to get it out to all of the App faithful going to the game. Can you give me Mr. Eckstein's number or email so I can get it directly from him for the news. It would be great if you did. You can send it to [email protected]

Many of the hotels/motels are close enough to the stadium for people to walk to the game as well. :) -unicat87

asu7
December 13th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Many of the hotels/motels are close enough to the stadium for people to walk to the game as well. :) -unicat87

Unless you have to stay in GA lol

unicat87
December 13th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Well then, I like it better that way. The App fans will certainly be no strangers to sitting on a grass hill, and anything to get more fans in is a +. Dare I say it, the NCAA may have gotten this one right boys.xthumbsupx

Sure looks like it! :) -unicat87

unicat87
December 13th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Unless you have to stay in GA lol

Sorry about that! Have a great time at the game, whether you stay in TN or GA! :) -unicat87

asu7
December 13th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Sorry about that! Have a great time at the game, whether you stay in TN or GA! :) -unicat87

Ya I can't complain too much! :)

appfan2008
December 13th, 2007, 10:03 AM
what time do the gates open???

APPride
December 13th, 2007, 10:15 AM
11:20 some serious APP traffic heading west on I-40 around Hickory! Lets get this party started!

Gotta go back to Greensboro p/u the kids from school then head west!

asu7
December 13th, 2007, 10:25 AM
xnodx
11:20 some serious APP traffic heading west on I-40 around Hickory! Lets get this party started!

I am so excited!!!!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

Mountaineer#96
December 13th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Already in town I got in about 11pm last night, most of the traffic downtown is all black and gold. I am off to Qdoba after a quick workout. Mountaineer out.

mountaintop
December 13th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Looking forward to the Nooga three years in a row! Leaving tomorrow morning, still no tix in hand, but I'm hopeful! I'll be one of the many people in the streets haggling the scalpers.

ASUMountaineer
December 13th, 2007, 11:13 AM

Heading out around 6 tonight. Hope the traffic subsides. Go Neers, see you in Chatty APPride.

APPride
December 13th, 2007, 11:14 AM
xnodx

I am so excited!!!!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

gonna be a par-tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx