PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know who will be calling the game for ESPN2?

TheCatamount
December 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I hope it's Gary Thornexpeacex

texcap
December 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I hope it's Gary Thornexpeacex

I think they announced Sean McDonough (sp?) and Chris Speilman (sp?).

These are the same guys that did the Heisman Pre Award Show last Friday night. You remeber that show don't you? It was the one with the ASU-Richmond game as background filler in between Heisman candidate interviews.

tke504oa
December 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I read somewhere it is the same set of annoncers that did the APP/Richmond game.

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Just hope that they actually talk about the two teams playing instead of ranting on how good the Weed-eater Bowl between two 6-6 teams will be.xrolleyesx

APPALACHIANstate
December 12th, 2007, 10:17 AM
John Madden and George W. Bush...

Thats just what I heard from an unconfirmed source.

Oldhen
December 12th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Pat Sajak and Vanna White.

blukeys
December 12th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Sean McDonough is fine but Spielman needs some speech courses.

Thunderstruck84
December 12th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Maybe they'll have Herbstreit and Mark May doing the game so they can keep talking about how bad playoffs would make a football season.

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I think Herbie owes us a game personally ...

I would love for him to show up in Boone so we could throw cupcakes at him ;)

proasu89
December 12th, 2007, 10:54 AM

Showing my age.....Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon

spelunker64
December 12th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Carlos Mencia & Ricky Martin will have the call for E$PN 8 The Ocho...

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 11:24 AM

There would be a lot of talk about Brett Favre and evil-doers...interesting. Maybe they can throw to the on-field reporting of Joe Biden to get a little Delaware feel.

TwinTownBisonFan
December 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM
There would be a lot of talk about Brett Favre and evil-doers...interesting. Maybe they can throw to the on-field reporting of Joe Biden to get a little Delaware feel.

I love Joe Biden, but they'd throw it to him in the first quarter... and not get the mic back til halftime. xlolx xlolx

I really think it's shabby that the guys in the booth couldnt be bothered to have paid attention to either of the teams on the field for more than four days before the game.

Worse still is the very condescending attitude they display over and over... I'm sure this has all been beaten like a dead horse on AGS, but it's grating.

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I love Joe Biden, but they'd throw it to him in the first quarter... and not get the mic back til halftime. xlolx xlolx

I really think it's shabby that the guys in the booth couldnt be bothered to have paid attention to either of the teams on the field for more than four days before the game.

Worse still is the very condescending attitude they display over and over... I'm sure this has all been beaten like a dead horse on AGS, but it's grating.

Awesome--and true. Of course, it would be even worse than that if they threw to John Edwards for a little North Carolina feel. He'd talk about the two FCS's...it would be dreadful. xthumbsupx

Griz40
December 12th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I am hoping whoever it is, is knowledgeable about both teams and won't talk about anything other than the game at hand............but we all know that is asking WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much for us lowly FCS fans.

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I am hoping whoever it is, is knowledgeable about both teams and won't talk about anything other than the game at hand............but we all know that is asking WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much for us lowly FCS fans.

Holy crap do you realize what you just did?

You asked them to read a little ...

You are doomed the EPSN gods are gonna hunt you down for that ...

You should of known better than to ask them to do a lil bit of research on what is going on ...

You are just asking for too much ... xwhistlex

lol glad I will be at the game instead of listening to BS on the tube ...

xbowx

completely agree with yaxthumbsupx

TheValleyRaider
December 12th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Carlos Mencia & Ricky Martin will have the call for E$PN 8 The Ocho...

I was really hoping for one of Univision's soccer commentators

"Edwards, the goalline, he scores!
TOUCHDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOWN!"

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 12th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Sean McDonough is fine but Spielman needs some speech courses.

Sean McDonough is a good announcer! Everyone is hating on him because the producers/directors of that broadcast made him talk about the Heisman and other FBS junk.

JMHO, the problem isn't with the announcers, it's with the higher ups at ESPN. Anybody in the AGS Northeast contingent want to meet for a little picketing over in Bristol, CT? :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

AlphaSigMD
December 12th, 2007, 12:25 PM

During the pregame show he'd probably throw out some racial slur against a smaller ethnic group, then tell you "I'm absolutely serious about this, haha". The liberal media would then all look the other way, refuse to cover the story and the FCS playoff's would end up with even less playoff media coverage.

Herbstreit and Co. would be thrilled.

McNeese72
December 12th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I don't care who it is, just so it isn't that little twerp, Rod Gilmore. :)

Doc

appfan2008
December 12th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I would like to see anybody who actually cares about fcs football... even if it isnt normal espn announcers just people who care...

unicat87
December 12th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Gary Rima might be available Friday night! :) Maybe John Edwards will join Joe Biden in the booth for a throwdown or two! -unicat87 xlolx xlolx xlolx

LBPop
December 12th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Frank Caliendo?

Also, what do you suppose the over/under is for the number of times they mention that Appy State beat Michigan? xrolleyesx

McNeese72
December 12th, 2007, 12:42 PM

Hey, we kind of like Joe Biden down here after this exchange he had with a Tulane AD/Pres/Coach?? during a hearing about the NCAA and the BCS in 2003.

Biden Exchange with Tulane Official (http://www.geauxcowboys.com/images/mcneesequote.wmv)

Doc

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Frank Caliendo?

Also, what do you suppose the over/under is for the number of times they mention that Appy State beat Michigan? xrolleyesx

xnodx

NativeAppy
December 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Maybe Cartman could do it... as seen here.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/11/abc-gets-creative-has-eric-cartman.html
xlolx

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Jenna Jameson in the most exciting voice you can think of......her colorman for the game none other than Tito Ortiz!

Casey_Orourke
December 12th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Who were the announcers for Delaware/SIU.....I remember one was a woman.