PDA

View Full Version : "This is real college football"

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 10:01 AM
As we watch ESPN tote the BCS line, not only on every show they produce but on our games and halftime shows. A official from the Southland Conference told Coach Moore some great things about what we have here in the FCS.

-"Coach Jerry Moore of the Mountaineers said that he took notice of the excitement surrounding the semifinal game, which drew a record crowd of 24,410 for a nonchampionship FCS playoff game at an on-campus site.

“I just turned and looked and everybody was still there,” Moore said, recalling the game’s final minute. “It was an awesome thing.”

Others noticed the excitement, too.

“One of the officials on the sideline, they’re from the Southland Conference and they had worked some Big 12 games, said, ‘Coach, I’ve worked the Texas-Ohio State game and I’ve got to tell you something. This is the best college-football game I’ve ever been involved in.’ He said, ‘The atmosphere here is awesome. This is real college football.’"

That could not have been said any better. Watching the BCS "playoff" series makes me laugh at those die hard BCS fans who really think they riegn supreme as the real college football experience. Little do they ignorant self's know that the real CHAMP is crowned in the FCS every year. I am so thankful for OUR playoffs. Think about this if we had a BCS system that would screw us evey year:

The title game this year would be:

UNI vs. Montana (these guys didn't even get to the semis)

Bowl games would be.... SIU and MSU would play the second tier game, and Richmond and ASU would play the next...etc.

What a bunch of crap! UD and ASU are in the REAL championship game and we get to savor it on Friday night! Although the announcers will talk about transfers and BCS bowl games, tune that out and watch those young men laying it on the line for the title!

For those who are not watching it on TV I'll see you in Chatty!! I am leaving tonight for the title game. Mountaineer OUT!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 10:48 AM
some of us have jobs and therefore cannot leave on said night ... ;)

We will be heading out late tomorrow night after a Christmas party

Safe travels 96

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 10:57 AM
some of us have jobs and therefore cannot leave on said night ... ;)

We will be heading out late tomorrow night after a Christmas party

Safe travels 96

Are you implying that I do not have a real job, or that my CO loves college football? ;) xeyebrowx

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 11:05 AM
lol your co loves college football ;)

james_lawfirm
December 12th, 2007, 11:09 AM
As we watch ESPN tote the BCS line, not only on every show they produce but on our games and halftime shows. A official from the Southland Conference told Coach Moore some great things about what we have here in the FCS.

-"Coach Jerry Moore of the Mountaineers said that he took notice of the excitement surrounding the semifinal game, which drew a record crowd of 24,410 for a nonchampionship FCS playoff game at an on-campus site.

“I just turned and looked and everybody was still there,” Moore said, recalling the game’s final minute. “It was an awesome thing.”

Others noticed the excitement, too.

“One of the officials on the sideline, they’re from the Southland Conference and they had worked some Big 12 games, said, ‘Coach, I’ve worked the Texas-Ohio State game and I’ve got to tell you something. This is the best college-football game I’ve ever been involved in.’ He said, ‘The atmosphere here is awesome. This is real college football.’"

That could not have been said any better. Watching the BCS "playoff" series makes me laugh at those die hard BCS fans who really think they riegn supreme as the real college football experience. Little do they ignorant self's know that the real CHAMP is crowned in the FCS every year. I am so thankful for OUR playoffs. Think about this is we had a BCS system that would screw us evey year:

The title game this year would be:

UNI vs. Montana (these guys didn't even get to the semis)

Bowl games would be.... SIU and MSU would play the second tier game, and Richmond and ASU would play the next...etc.

What a bunch of crap! UD and ASU are in the REAL championship game and we get to savor it on Friday night! Although the announcers will talk about transfers and BCS bowl games, tune that out and watch those young men laying it on the line for the title!

For those who are not watching it on TV I'll see you in Chatty!! I am leaving tonight for the title game. Mountaineer OUT!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Great post! I too enjoyed that official's comments. Hope to see you tailgating in Chatty!

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Great post! I too enjoyed that official's comments. Hope to see you tailgating in Chatty!

Hope to meet you and AppGirl in Chatty, seeing as how we parked just down from you all year.

james_lawfirm
December 12th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Hope to meet you and AppGirl in Chatty, seeing as how we parked just down from you all year.

We'll be there. Just look for the inconspicuous, blue Ford Expedition almost concealed by the yellow window chalk and 4 flags. We're sure to be nearby. Hope to get to the parking lot to tailgate by 10:00.

BTW, we looked for you last Friday night. Were you there?

patssle
December 12th, 2007, 12:20 PM
As I said it before...SLC has some good football officials now. Its been a nice change from before.

Cranium716
December 12th, 2007, 01:15 PM
That could not have been said any better. Watching the BCS "playoff" series makes me laugh at those die hard BCS fans who really think they riegn supreme as the real college football experience. Little do they ignorant self's know that the real CHAMP is crowned in the FCS every year. I am so thankful for OUR playoffs.

AMEN!!! xthumbsupx

asu7
December 12th, 2007, 01:22 PM
As I said it before...SLC has some good football officials now. Its been a nice change from before.

The officials were not that bad at all ...

You could tell they were not trying to change the outcome of the game and they were reluctant to call things unless it was a repeat offense ...

They were really wanting us and UR to play it out on the field but then when it got out of hand they stepped in.

I would take these same refs for the championship game.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2007, 01:52 PM
I thought that was one of the best officiated games all year. That Southland crew was great!! Only messed up that one call when they called a personal foul on one of UR's defensive tackles for a late hit on Armanti. Not like it would have mattered since our offense (Armanti) was going nuts with the scoreboard.

Southland be proud of that crew and let them know it if you see them in the near future.