PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Illinois getting Florida transfer

Panthers_Blue
December 12th, 2007, 07:38 AM
It appears Eastern Illinois has picked up a Florida transfer. Redshirt freshman Chevon Walker says he plans to transfer to Eastern Illinois. Rivals.com ranked Walker as the nation's 5th-best running back out of high school. He will have three years of eligibility left at Eastern.

Good news since Adeniji is gone.

D1B
December 12th, 2007, 07:47 AM
EIU? I thought they dropped football when they left the Gateway.

Well, cool beans. Good luck and make sure you have a good criminal defense attorney on retainer.

Panthers_Blue
December 12th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Dropped football ? This year was our third straight year in the playoffs.

UNIFanSince1983
December 12th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Well I hope it works out for you. I hope he is as good as billed. I know UNI got a transfer from USC who was ranked highly coming out of high school. While he did contribute quite well, he didn't quite dominate as we had expected.
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=6097

Panthers_Blue
December 12th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah you never know what your going to get with transfers. Word is he didn't like the playing time he was going to get down their due to the type of offense they run with Teabow and all. EIU likes to run so maybe he will be a good addition. I know EIU does tons of scouting down in Florida and a good chunk of the roster is from there so maybe this will help him tansition.

blueballs
December 12th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah you never know what your going to get with transfers. Word is he didn't like the playing time he was going to get down their due to the type of offense they run with Teabow and all. EIU likes to run so maybe he will be a good addition. I know EIU does tons of scouting down in Florida and a good chunk of the roster is from there so maybe this will help him tansition.

That's part of it... UF got a transfer from USC named Moody who is sitting out this year but is supposed to be the second coming so Walker wouldn't sniff the field next year except for special teams.

Panthers_Blue
December 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah I'm not expecting much but if he adds to the system then great and if he dosen't oh well we have plenty of backs to fill the hole.

Chi Panther
December 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Well I hope it works out for you. I hope he is as good as billed. I know UNI got a transfer from USC who was ranked highly coming out of high school. While he did contribute quite well, he didn't quite dominate as we had expected.
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=6097

Whitney may have run a 4.35....2 lifetimes ago.....xrolleyesx

D1B
December 14th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Dropped football ? This year was our third straight year in the playoffs.

and how has that worked out?xrolleyesx

You're conference should not get an autobid. Should be a play in game between the OVC and Meac champs, winner is in the field of 16. That way one more deserving team get's in.

OVC is a terrible conference.

JaxSinfonian
December 14th, 2007, 07:44 AM
and how has that worked out?xrolleyesx

You're conference should not get an autobid. Should be a play in game between the OVC and Meac champs, winner is in the field of 16. That way one more deserving team get's in.

OVC is a terrible conference.

Yawn.

Gotta have something to talk about since your team's not still playing, huh?

Panthers_Blue
December 14th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Here we go the OVC bashing. I love it, in fact I just laugh at it now.

Golden Eagle
December 14th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Well it's not as if we haven't earned it.