PDA

View Full Version : Question to all the NC winners out there

catbob
September 14th, 2005, 12:13 PM
We at Bobcatnation plan on donating some NC flags for our 3 NCs to be placed around the stadium, but we don't know exactly what layout we want.

Right now we are thinking 3 different poles for each of the NCs hanging above the student section, so it could be seen from the tailgating area.

Does anyone who has these flags at their school able to post some pictures, or at least describe them to me?

Thanks.

Also, we are debating whether or not to get some smaller flags for our BSC championships.

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2005, 12:28 PM
End zone -- Four poles for for 4 I-AA National titles. The U.S. flagpole between them and higher .

Hansel
September 14th, 2005, 12:32 PM
We at Bobcatnation plan on donating some NC flags for our 3 NCs to be placed around the stadium, but we don't know exactly what layout we want.

Right now we are thinking 3 different poles for each of the NCs hanging above the student section, so it could be seen from the tailgating area.

Does anyone who has these flags at their school able to post some pictures, or at least describe them to me?

Thanks.

Also, we are debating whether or not to get some smaller flags for our BSC championships.
could have one pole with a bunch of smaller flags with the year of your BSC championships on them

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2005, 12:56 PM
End zone -- Four poles for for 4 I-AA National titles. The U.S. flagpole between them and higher .

In Youngstown, they call that formation the "Patriotic Penguin Middle Finger"! :D

Eagle_77
September 14th, 2005, 01:05 PM
http://athletics.georgiasouthern.edu/paulson.jpg

Or you can go this route

I-AA Fan
September 14th, 2005, 01:50 PM
When was the last time you attended a game Paladin? No flag in the middle, as it interferes with the kickers. I think they may have had one in the middle at one time. Currently 4 poles, the outside two are much higher, so they have the US & Ohio flags, as well as NCAA flags. The midle two poles used to have the runner-up flags (when they had 2) ... then when it became 3 (uneven) with runner's-up in 1999, they removed the runner-up flags all together.

YSU (http://ysupenguins.net/2005%20YSU%20vs%20Slippery%20Rock/target6.html)

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Oops. You are right ,Fan. Answer got ahead of my memory !! :p :nod: :nod:

Hate to say it , but I look at the 4 NC closer than I do Old Glory !! :D

GannonFan
September 14th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I liked the Youngstown way of doing it - I thought it was very striking coming into the stadium. Not a fan of the Georgia Southern way - it just looks like a lot of Navy semafore - I can't tell if the flags are saying to drop anchor or flush the torpedo bay. :p

Gil Dobie
September 14th, 2005, 02:23 PM
It would be nice to have an outdoor stadium to put 8 flags up around.
3 College Division, 5 DII flags.

GannonFan
September 14th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Hang the banners then - basketball and hockey teams seem to have no problem with indoor banners.

Eagle_77
September 14th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I liked the Youngstown way of doing it - I thought it was very striking coming into the stadium. Not a fan of the Georgia Southern way - it just looks like a lot of Navy semafore - I can't tell if the flags are saying to drop anchor or flush the torpedo bay. :p

We actually do it a little different than the old pic. Here is a more updated one just cant see it as well.

http://printereagle.younce.net/Images/vps/vps_07.jpg

Eagle_77
September 14th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Here is a view of the NC poll by its self

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/gsu05pgncflags.jpg

GannonFan
September 14th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Still like the Youngstown way better - their flags are bigger (although not as numerous).

Cocky
September 14th, 2005, 03:43 PM
GSU would have to increase the athletic budget if they had individual poles.

dungeonjoe
September 14th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hate to say it , but I look at the 4 NC closer than I do Old Glory !! :D

Pally, that statement will make for good fodder in the Lounge, but I know you are a true patriot of the Penguin variety

GoGSU
September 14th, 2005, 03:50 PM

Jealousy will get you no where....... :D

Hansel
September 14th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Hang the banners then - basketball and hockey teams seem to have no problem with indoor banners.
NDSU does have banners for their NC's, I am not aware of a picture of them however

Gil Dobie
September 14th, 2005, 03:55 PM

I have no problem with indoor banners, just like them outdoors, blowing in the wind better.

DuckDuckGriz
September 14th, 2005, 04:16 PM
If I were MSU I would hang 2 banners for the other national championships, and one flag for the 1984 I-AA national title. To me, the I-AA title is symbolized with that flag -- kind of has its own identity.

skinny_uncle
September 14th, 2005, 06:23 PM
SIU has its NC banner next to the scoreboard. When you only have one it is not hard to find room. Banners for conference titles and playoff appearances are at the other end of the stadium.

ngineer
September 14th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Lehigh has four large placards on the wall of the Field House underneath the scoreboard at the north end zone: One with the Lambert Cup Championships listed, another with Patriot League Championships listed, a third with all the NCAA appearances, and a fourth with our lone, but hopefully not last, NCAA Championship (D-II, 1977).

Grizo406
September 14th, 2005, 10:24 PM

Fly your National Championship flags high where everyone can see them, you've earned them.

GSU has it nailed down with 6 exclamation points, and it looks good.

But, if you address the issue of hoisting your BSC Championship flags, and where to fly them, you'll also have to think about where to hang your BSC Co-Championship flags.

Just trying to help a Cat fan out here.

DemiGS
September 14th, 2005, 10:35 PM
It would look retarded for GSU to have 7 different polls crowding the enzone. It would start looking more like an aluminum forest rather than a flag display.

blueballs
September 15th, 2005, 08:11 AM
GSU also has the years of the NC's posted at the top of the scoreboard.

GannonFan
September 15th, 2005, 09:01 AM
It would look retarded for GSU to have 7 different polls crowding the enzone. It would start looking more like an aluminum forest rather than a flag display.

I kinda like the look of a lot of flags on a lot of poles - like I said, it works for Youngstown so I don't see how two more at GSU would be too much. But hey, it's all personal opinion. Interestingly enough, UD doesn't even have flags for their 6 national titles - the only place you see it mentioned in on the field-facing facade of the home side pressbox. That's another way of doing it.

Eagle_77
September 15th, 2005, 10:37 AM
GSU also has the years of the NC's posted at the top of the scoreboard.

Yeap here is a picture of that. The fence along the bottom is no longer there and it is bricked up with flowers and all. I will try to find a newer picture.

We also put up SoCon championship flags around the stadium this year. They use to have all the teams of the SoCon on them. I dont have a picture of that yet.
http://printereagle.younce.net/Images/vps/vps_10.jpg

Ronbo
September 15th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I like the setup that SDSU is putting on their scoreboard. Note the six flag poles. They are looking WAY ahead. :D

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/8941.jpg

GSUhooligan
September 15th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Yeap here is a picture of that. The fence along the bottom is no longer there and it is bricked up with flowers and all. I will try to find a newer picture.

We also put up SoCon championship flags around the stadium this year. They use to have all the teams of the SoCon on them. I dont have a picture of that yet.
http://printereagle.younce.net/Images/vps/vps_10.jpg

Now you've gone and done it. Ralph's going to get on to us about our scoreboard for its use of the Arabic 1. Oh hell hath no fury...