PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win the NC?

AZGrizFan
December 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Take your pick....public vote!

WUTNDITWAA
December 11th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Ummmm............Let me get back to you on that. :D

ShgooseAPP
December 11th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I gotta say
APP

crunifan
December 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Delaware. I think it would be horrible for FCS if Appalachian State wins it a third time in a row.

Makes it look easier to win our division if one team can dominate like that. Plus, it would be nice to be able to say that the team that beat Michigan DIDN'T win the National Title.

No team could ever win FBS three years in a row. That would be insane. And to see that it is possible here just shows that we don't have the competition we thought. If one team can keep losing kids year after year and still win the whole thing...

So yeah, in short, Delaware, haha!

NovaHater
December 11th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Everybody loves an Underdog

Go Hens

danefan
December 11th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Go Hens! More important to me to have the Danes play the defending national champs next year.

TheValleyRaider
December 11th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Plus, it would be nice to be able to say that the team that beat Michigan DIDN'T win the National Title.

That's important for me, although I don't think it necessarily looks bad for FCS if App. wins again. They're a great team, and great teams win. It happens.

I do, however, think it'd be a bit boring if they won 3 in a row, so that's my biggest reason for pulling for the Hens

(I'd be even happier if they could win by a bigger margin than 40 xwhistlex )

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
so what if it's boring to you? if they have the talent and skills(which i think they do) then they deserve to win (the same goes for delaware).

just b/c it'd be a third time shouldn't mean anything...."but it'd be boring" its a load of crap

Seahawks Fan
December 11th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Go Hens!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Delaware. I think it would be horrible for FCS if Appalachian State wins it a third time in a row.

Makes it look easier to win our division if one team can dominate like that. Plus, it would be nice to be able to say that the team that beat Michigan DIDN'T win the National Title.

No team could ever win FBS three years in a row. That would be insane. And to see that it is possible here just shows that we don't have the competition we thought. If one team can keep losing kids year after year and still win the whole thing...

So yeah, in short, Delaware, haha!

Really? You think so? Because, had USC beat Vince Young and Texas they would have won a third in a row (and they should have won that game if not for the dumb lateral by Bush and non-call when Young's knee hit). The Buckeyes are backing their way into their second consecutive NC game. It is possible on any level...even the NFL (Patriots 3 in 4). I don't think it's indicative of the competition level in FCS at all. It's not like ASU ran the table, we lost more this year than we did last year. I think it just means a team has been on a run and had a few great recruiting classes.

Ivytalk
December 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I love the Hens! Can't vote against the team from my home state!:)

That said, I have no bias for or against the "three-peat" thing. If App wins, more power to 'em.

OL FU
December 11th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Go Hens! More important to me to have the Danes play the defending national champs next year.

Either way , we get to play the defending national champxnodx

Monarch History
December 11th, 2007, 01:50 PM
This should be a great game! xnodx

The Blue Hens are peaking at the right time and will bring the NC trophy back to the CAA.xthumbsupx

RazorEdge19
December 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM
This should be a great game! xnodx

The Blue Hens are peaking at the right time and will bring the NC trophy back to the CAA.xthumbsupx

And App isn't? As much as I would love to see the Hens win it, its not gonna happen.

The Apps offense is the only thing that could slow itself down...

Appaholic69
December 11th, 2007, 02:02 PM
As a student of Appalachian State of course I want them to win. As to the ridiculous claim that a three-peat would be boring or a sign of weakness how about looking to professional basketball. The Chicago Bulls pulled it off and they are in the supposed weaker eastern conference. The Florida gators could have pulled it off if they hadn't lost so many players. And just like the Patriots, the Dallas Cowboys had a dynasty in the 90's. Listen, you have teams that go through what the talking heads want to call dynasties. College has had the equivilant in its football teams including, USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, UCLA. Oh, wait, Didn't John Wooden lead the Bruins to some sort of record number of championships?

Anyone who says that a win by Appalachian would be boring or a sign of FCS weakness is just plain high on crack and wants something without having to earn it. Whoever wins deserves it! PERIOD!

patssle
December 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM
No team could ever win FBS three years in a row.

What makes you say that? Ohio State is already in it for the 2nd year in a row. If they had won last year, they could be making it 2 in a row.

McNeese72
December 11th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Okay, every week I've picked one team in one game in the playoffs to pull for. And every week that team has proceeded to lose.

So, who do you guys want me to pull for this week. :-)

Doc

Griz40
December 11th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Delaware...I get tired of the same teams always winning the title. And yes I know Delaware won in '03....But I like to see different teams in there year after year (if Montana isn't in it).

Appaholic69
December 11th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Okay, every week I've picked one team in one game in the playoffs to pull for. And every week that team has proceeded to lose.

Doc

If you've got that kinda luck then pull for Delaware. I'm sure I could make you an offer you can't refuse if you do! LOL

GO! FIGHT! KICK A&$!!!

BlueHen86
December 11th, 2007, 02:25 PM
As a student of Appalachian State of course I want them to win. As to the ridiculous claim that a three-peat would be boring or a sign of weakness how about looking to professional basketball. The Chicago Bulls pulled it off and they are in the supposed weaker eastern conference. The Florida gators could have pulled it off if they hadn't lost so many players. And just like the Patriots, the Dallas Cowboys had a dynasty in the 90's. Listen, you have teams that go through what the talking heads want to call dynasties. College has had the equivilant in its football teams including, USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, UCLA. Oh, wait, Didn't John Wooden lead the Bruins to some sort of record number of championships?

Anyone who says that a win by Appalachian would be boring or a sign of FCS weakness is just plain high on crack and wants something without having to earn it. Whoever wins deserves it! PERIOD!

Nice post. Show some class, it was just someone's opinion.

BTW- I picked the Hens.;)

mountain_man
December 11th, 2007, 02:34 PM
APP ALL THE WAY!

if they won it every year from here on out, it would never get boring!xthumbsupx

Saluki09
December 11th, 2007, 02:41 PM
App State. I have nothing but respect for the Delaware players, but I just don't like the coach.

GrizDen
December 11th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I'm rooting for App State. Sure, James Madison should have knocked them out in the 1st round (cough...fumble). But the Mountaineers are an impressive bunch. I don't know how Armanti Edwards doesn't break in two every time he gets hit, the guy looks like a toothpick. But he absorbs and bounces off hits better than just about anyone I've seen play the game.

Delaware, I don't mean to hate, but Richmond was a better team this year and beat you in a 5OT thriller on your home field. If the committee didn't have to do that regionalization crap, they too would be in the final (IMHO). Southern Illinois seemed a bit overrated to me in the Semi-Final game. Richmond impressed me more in their Semi-Final effort.

appheel
December 11th, 2007, 02:47 PM
if they won it every year from here on out, it would never get boring!xthumbsupx

I agree! Go Apps!

Appaholic69
December 11th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Nice post. Show some class, it was just someone's opinion.

BTW- I picked the Hens.;)

I was just posting, not being serious about the crack thing. Just a little anxious about the game. Sorry if you interpreted it as classless.

GrizDen
December 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=crunifan;794956]Delaware. I think it would be horrible for FCS if Appalachian State wins it a third time in a row.

Makes it look easier to win our division if one team can dominate like that. Plus, it would be nice to be able to say that the team that beat Michigan DIDN'T win the National Title.QUOTE]

I agree with your points (even though I voted for App). There was too much parity in all of college football this year for me to get overly excited about ASU going for a 3-peat, but hey if they should win on Friday - they will deserve it.

With that said, App State won their 1st NC mainly due to the fumble recovery for a TD by Jason Hunter (current Green Bay Packer) otherwise UNI was celebrating good times. That was a very close game that proved too tight for a costly turnover for a TD. As I just said in a recent post, James Madison should have knocked out ASU in the 1st round this year but their coach made a horrible decision not to take a knee to line up the field goal. App State could just as easily have won only one 1 NC game in the last three years as they have won 2 (and potentially 3).

The core point I'm trying to make is that a myriad of factors come in to play for a team to win 1 NC let alone potentially 3.

skinny_uncle
December 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I'm rooting for App State. Sure, James Madison should have knocked them out in the 1st round (cough...fumble). But the Mountaineers are an impressive bunch. I don't know how Armanti Edwards doesn't break in two every time he gets hit, the guy looks like a toothpick. But he absorbs and bounces off hits better than just about anyone I've seen play the game.

Delaware, I don't mean to hate, but Richmond was a better team this year and beat you in a 5OT thriller on your home field. If the committee didn't have to do that regionalization crap, they too would be in the final (IMHO). Southern Illinois seemed a bit overrated to me in the Semi-Final game. Richmond impressed me more in their Semi-Final effort.
http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/5.gif

89Hen
December 11th, 2007, 03:05 PM

Doc
Isn't there a bowel game you can pick? xsmiley_wix

BlueHen86
December 11th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I was just posting, not being serious about the crack thing. Just a little anxious about the game. Sorry if you interpreted it as classless.
Enjoy the game, it should be a good one.xthumbsupx

GrizDen
December 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/5.gif

Calm down skinny_uncle. I got mad props for your squad, I just felt after seeing the two semi-final games that of the two teams that lost that Richmond was better.

Pre-congratulations on your upcoming new football stadium (Aug. 2010). It looks pretty sweet. xthumbsupx

BlueHenBoy
December 11th, 2007, 03:21 PM
And App isn't? As much as I would love to see the Hens win it, its not gonna happen.

The Apps offense is the only thing that could slow itself down...

The question was: Who do you want to win?

TheValleyRaider
December 11th, 2007, 03:23 PM
so what if it's boring to you? if they have the talent and skills(which i think they do) then they deserve to win (the same goes for delaware).

just b/c it'd be a third time shouldn't mean anything...."but it'd be boring" its a load of crap

As to the ridiculous claim that a three-peat would be boring
-----

Looks like some have got their knickers in a twister here.

My rooting habits have done little to affect the outcome of sporting events over the years. I will claim some credit for the Yankees comeback in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS, but otherwise, my record is pretty much even with everyone else's. That is to say, it doesn't exist.

You want my real rule of thumb? Any team I don't root for winning 3 titles in a row is boring. That goes for Jordan's Bulls too.

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Where's the choice for doesn't matter. Let's just have a good game. xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
December 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Calm down skinny_uncle. I got mad props for your squad, I just felt after seeing the two semi-final games that of the two teams that lost that Richmond was better.

Pre-congratulations on your upcoming new football stadium (Aug. 2010). It looks pretty sweet. xthumbsupx
I just though a Griz fan had a bit of nerve calling us overrated. We're not the seed that got beat in the first round.

GrizDen
December 11th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I just though a Griz fan had a bit of nerve calling us overrated. We're not the seed that got beat in the first round.

Touche' :)

The Griz should have taken care of business in the 1st round and didn't. Wofford was obviously a formidable opponent and I place a lot of blame on the loss on the coaching staff. They should have had the players better prepared.

It wouldn't have sucked to have had Bagley healthy and playing at WR either for the playoffs xthumbsupx

crunifan
December 11th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Nevermind...

HENJOHN
December 11th, 2007, 05:55 PM
App State. I have nothing but respect for the Delaware players, but I just don't like the coach.

Just curious, what is it you do not like about the Coach?

UMass922
December 11th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I'm rooting for Delaware, but I won't be disappointed if ASU wins.

appmountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I would like ASU, not just because they are my school, but because there has never been a 3 peat at this level.

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2007, 06:13 PM
APP STATE HOMIES!!!!

appfan2008
December 11th, 2007, 06:52 PM
uh... how about APP

appchuck
December 11th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Of course, App

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 11th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I picked UDel before the season to finish 2nd (behind UNH, of course) and I'm sticking with my prediction. Go Hens!

redspider
December 13th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I hate to go against my own conference but I got to say I hope App State wins. First of all because of the way in which Armanti Edawrds was able to dominate us I would feel better if he also did it to us. Not to mention the fact that we won a share of the CAA title and won the south divison outright over Delaware and we beat then in a 50T game yet they get the title. It would not be right so as much as I hate App State for beating us I have to cheer for them. I wish UMASS had taken care of business then I could cheer for the CAA.

texcap
December 13th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I picked UDel before the season to finish 2nd (behind UNH, of course) and I'm sticking with my prediction. Go Hens!

Wouldn't that mean that you are picking Appalachian, since if ASU wins, your prediction of Delaware finishing second will be achieved?

spelunker64
December 13th, 2007, 01:34 PM
App

GaSouthern
December 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Hens, Appy is too close to 6