PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel's Kevin Higgins gets extension

citdog
December 11th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Les Robinson announced today that Bulldog Football Coach Kevin Higgins has received a 1 year contract extension to keep him in Charleston until 2012. Higgins base salary of 139,000 dollars is very competitive with the top paid Head Coaches in the FCS. The Citadel, coming off a 7-4 year with victories over rivals Furman and VMI returns Qb Bart Blanchard for his Sophomore season which will be his first year as the Cadets starting signal caller. www.citadelsports.com

Well Done Coach Higgins!
you may be a yankee..... but you are OUR Yankee!

Black and Gold Express
December 11th, 2007, 10:42 AM
He deserves it, congrats to Coach Higgins!

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Les Robinson announced today that Bulldog Football Coach Kevin Higgins has received a 1 year contract extension to keep him in Charleston until 2012. Higgins base salary of 139,000 dollars is very competitive with the top paid Head Coaches in the FCS. The Citadel, coming off a 7-4 year with victories over rivals Furman and VMI returns Qb Bart Blanchard for his Sophomore season which will be his first year as the Cadets starting signal caller. www.citadelsports.com (http://www.citadelsports.com)

Well Done Coach Higgins!

As a yankee living in ATL for 38 years I think he will want to stay! :)

Well deserved and I hope he stays at The Citadel a long, long time!

GoldandBlack
December 11th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I always knew Les Robinson was a smart guy- good move for the Bulldogs!xnodx

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM
congrats to THE CITADEL ;)

You guys are definitely getting better and will be tough yet again next year!

OL FU
December 11th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I will give him three more years before he gets tired of doing all those push upsxrotatehx xsmiley_wix

Obviously a good coach and congrats to The Citadelxthumbsupx

LehighFan11
December 11th, 2007, 11:29 AM
ah does this mean Higgins can't come back to Lehigh next year after Coen leaves?

ngineer
December 11th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Higgins is nominated for Coach of the Year and people can vote on some website whose name I forgot, but I will certainly try....xthumbsupx

Marcus Garvey
December 11th, 2007, 12:06 PM
If you can recruit and win at The Citadel, then you deserve coach of the year.

Go...gate
December 11th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Good moves by Robinson (who is a class act and fine AD) and Higgins (who is a class act and a fine coach). Football at The Citadel is definitely moving into a strong position.

Appaholic
December 11th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Les Robinson announced today that Bulldog Football Coach Kevin Higgins has received a 1 year contract extension to keep him in Charleston until 2012. Higgins base salary of 139,000 dollars is very competitive with the top paid Head Coaches in the FCS. The Citadel, coming off a 7-4 year with victories over rivals Furman and VMI returns Qb Bart Blanchard for his Sophomore season which will be his first year as the Cadets starting signal caller. www.citadelsports.com

Well Done Coach Higgins!

I hope Nancy will mention this tonight in her talk.......

Biff
December 11th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I hope Nancy will mention this tonight in her talk.......

Come on now, that is hitting below the belt. xbawlingx

Eyes of Old Main
December 11th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Higgins base salary of 139,000 dollars is very competitive with the top paid Head Coaches in the FCS.

Do they pay that in Confederate money, or in the Monopoly money carried by the Northern aggressors?

ngineer
December 11th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Higgins is nominated for Coach of the Year and people can vote on some website whose name I forgot, but I will certainly try....xthumbsupx

I found it ..the you can vote for the Coach of the Year in each division at www.coachoftheyear.com

CID1990
December 11th, 2007, 07:36 PM
ah does this mean Higgins can't come back to Lehigh next year after Coen leaves?

Higgins doesn't know it yet, but he will never be allowed to leave. We will take his family hostage and hold them in the Provost Dungeon.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 11th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Brace yourselves, guys. The SoCon races are about to get more intense. Man, do we have some good coaches in this conference or what?

Eyes of Old Main
December 12th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Brace yourselves, guys. The SoCon races are about to get more intense. Man, do we have some good coaches in this conference or what?

Tell me about it. Just about everyone has their programs going in the right direction. Performance will be key though since everyone can't win. Somebody's going to have to lose.

At any rate, no matter who comes in, the SoCon coaching ranks are stronger by the subtraction of Kent Briggs. The guy was totally clueless. Can I get an Amen, my Catamount friends?

CID1990
December 12th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Tell me about it. Just about everyone has their programs going in the right direction. Performance will be key though since everyone can't win. Somebody's going to have to lose.

At any rate, no matter who comes in, the SoCon coaching ranks are stronger by the subtraction of Kent Briggs. The guy was totally clueless. Can I get an Amen, my Catamount friends?

.......which means that the #3-#5 teans in the SoCon won't make it into the playoffs in spite of being better than 50% of the playoff field.

Eaglesrus
December 12th, 2007, 07:39 AM
.......which means that the #3-#5 teans in the SoCon won't make it into the playoffs in spite of being better than 50% of the playoff field.

Editorial comment: please note that this statement was not made by a GSU fan.:)

Biff
December 12th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Editorial comment: please note that this statement was not made by a GSU fan.:)

It doesn't matter, you thought it.

Eaglesrus
December 12th, 2007, 08:58 AM
It doesn't matter, you thought it.

Actually, you are wrong, I am not one of those who thought we should get in this year, and I do think we'll get in when we deserve to get in, which I expect to be soon.

Eyes of Old Main
December 12th, 2007, 09:13 AM
It doesn't really matter since it's true. #3-#5 in the SoCon WOULD beat half the playoff field.

FCS Preview
December 12th, 2007, 09:26 AM

Win seven D-I games and they'll be happy to invite all y'all.

Eaglesrus
December 12th, 2007, 09:31 AM
It doesn't really matter since it's true. #3-#5 in the SoCon WOULD beat half the playoff field.

Now that I can agree with.

08Dawg
December 12th, 2007, 11:37 AM

Did he just tell us to brace? How 'bout YOU get YOUR chin in, SMACK!

citdog
December 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM

that's my line 08!xrulesx

Biff
December 12th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Outstanding!!! AGSers will conform in no time.

Biff
December 12th, 2007, 01:05 PM
that's my line 08!xrulesx

These 08 guys are faster than you 97 guys. You better get on the ball or move over.